Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

Your pet-peeves netplaying.

Getting stuck with someone WAY above my skill level and getting thrashed into never ending combos and resets. At some point, it doesn't help you get any better at the game.

When people press buttons mindlessly like their life depends on it

Those people also tend to hate gravity for whatever reason

OnE time I was at an anime convention showing off Chaos Code and this one girl sits down and really likes the game, but between every match he kept picking at her hands. And, she was using one of my arcade sticks. I don't know what was going on with her hands but I wiped my controller down with a Lysol wipe when she was done. So that and people using a stick and leaving it a sweaty/greasy mess when they're done.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Grabs. I feel like between cross ups and mix ups and blocking and overheads and all the other crazy stuff going on in fighting games, they really don't give you enough time to react to grabs. It's especially infuriating when people take advantage of it during netplay and do pretty much nothing but grabs.

If I'm excluding lag, which isn't really the game's fault really, it'd be people using ridiculously cheap strategies/characters, and when you beat them, they gripe at you for being cheap. :/

Mics too, such a distraction, and most people have them on for no good reason. xs

If I'm excluding lag, which isn't really the game's fault really, it'd be people using ridiculously cheap strategies/characters, and when you beat them, they gripe at you for being cheap. :/

Mics too, such a distraction, and most people have them on for no good reason. xs

I usually try to be goofy over my mic to keep myself calm....er and not too riled up. Do people hate this?

and people who only play a few more matches or hell, ONLY 1 match then leaves for no reason.

This. Screw those kinds of people.

another hate for me; someone being way too good at the game. lol

I have respect for these people if they are nice, but most are dicks.

Mics primarily. Especially when you get the arrogant kind of player who goes on and on about he's the shit. Then when you waste their ass for spamming only one move, they call you "cheap". It's funny the first few times, but after hearing it for the 30th time, it starts getting real old.

Rage quitters are another, though with them you can never be 100% certain that they deliberately quit or something happened to them.

Blazblue: When I try to use a Distortion Drive and for whatever reason, it doesn't activate. Also fighting Noel online, period. Oh, and the spacing needed to use some of Lambda's combos.

Persona 4 Arena: Fighting Yu and having to deal with his pressure, and fighting Elizabeth and having to deal with that giant, laser beam attack. :I

Guilty Gear: I haven't played it THAT much, but my only real peeve so far is the fact that Axl Low's long-ranged normals have hurt-boxes.

As you can see, most of my gripes are more with specific characters than the game itself. :eng101:

I've only had one bad Mic experience, but I can definitely see how they can become bothersome.

another hate for me; someone being way too good at the game. lol

I have respect for these people if they are nice, but most are dicks.

Would you mind if I asked you to elaborate?

As for my personal pet peeve: DPs. I know most are highly punishable on block or whiff, but it can be annoying to be to get hit by one everytime I do something slightly careless.

People complaining about Platinum combos and being corner carried and getting kicked 'cause i'm a platinum main

You serious!? omg, that would get old as f**k...

I don't really have one. The closest thing would be when you're in a room with two or more other people with mics and they start badmouthing you for beating them and agreeing on all sorts of hilarious "facts" about you with eachother. I mean, if I had a mic too or if this was offline I just know you wouldn't be saying stupid stuff like this. Have some dignity >>.

But yeah, if we talk about things that happen ingame, nothing really. I don't take people actions being effective as a show of something other than me being unable to prevent them from being effective so any and all negativity that such a thing would generate is directed inwards. I feel that's the best way to be if you want to improve, instead of just feel good.

People complaining about Platinum combos and being corner carried and getting kicked 'cause i'm a platinum main

...If memory serves, wasn't most of Platinum's over the top stuff toned down in Extended thereby remedying most of that?

I shudder to think what goes through the mind of someone who still complains about something that long gone. XD

Being kicked from a lobby for having being too high/too low a level. I hope they remove the level thing for CP. Also pretty much anything Mu does, fuck that character.

As for my personal pet peeve: DPs. I know most are highly punishable on block or whiff, but it can be annoying to be to get hit by one everytime I do something slightly careless.

I second this pet peeve. "INFERNO DIVIDAH" has actually made me slightly paranoid and hesitant to rushdown or try anything even slightly resembling oki. Another two pet peeves I have are falling for Jin resets over and over again and condescending mic guys.

I share some pet peeves, but my biggest one is ragequitters and projectile spammers

if it's a fun game then yeah, but those for serious play...I wanna flip tables in their faces in-game for an instant win...

I also hate the kick for low level thing >:(