Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

Your pet-peeves netplaying.

Truer words have never been spoken....

My corpse beating tends to happen when I get really fired up ..... usually ending with Mu DPs and such-- the culmination being a gold burst (which i shamelessly stole from mac)

basically its a sure fire sign that im pumped and excited to play

We have not even gotten into the post first round win gold burst yet.

you didnt read my first post

@TheWhiteVoid: *Gasp* He picked my main. It's time to get super serious. I cannot lose!

How about entering a room on your first day. Said host D-card proficiency states he/she plays Ragna with all others being at 0. You walk in with your main (in my case this was Haku-men) and are ready for some fun. What do they do? Picks Nu-13/Lambchops. Ladies and gentlemen: we found our counterpicker.

Truer words have never been spoken....

My corpse beating tends to happen when I get really fired up ..... usually ending with Mu DPs and such-- the culmination being a gold burst (which i shamelessly stole from mac)

basically its a sure fire sign that im pumped and excited to play

you didnt read my first post

aka mac 1st rnd corpse stomping gold bursts... rofl...

:eng101: It makes me so hype. Hype bursts.

You guys just reminded me of another side of corpse beating. Sometimes good players won't corpse beat at all when they are smashing you. However, when you start to figure them out, adapt and get close to beating them they corpse beat like crazy (Ragna: 2D > RC > 2D > RC > 2D).

I always thought that this happened because your opponent got scared at how close you were getting. Like it makes them not feel as good as they thought they were, and the corpse beating is like them saying, "HOW DARE YOU (2D) ALMOST (2D) BEAT ME (2D)!!! You're supposed to suck!!!"

Although I suppose it could be like Mac and Nemesis said - they are just excited for winning a close match.

> and the corpse beating is like them saying, "HOW DARE YOU (2D) ALMOST (2D) BEAT ME (2D)!!! You're supposed to suck!!!"

It's more like "Oh you thought you were gonna beat me huh. NICE TRY BRO"

i mercilessly corpse beat, not because i think its corpse beating but because i want to hit buttons i normally cant hit

i dont like it when people think they are good but they have barely scratched the surface of what it means to be a strong player

yeah

(Ragna: 2D > RC > 2D > RC > 2D).

"HOW DARE YOU (2D) ALMOST (2D) BEAT ME (2D)!!! You're supposed to suck!!!"

... thats a pretty humorous interpretation

i mercilessly corpse beat, not because i think its corpse beating but because i want to hit buttons i normally cant hit

i dont like it when people think they are good but they have barely scratched the surface of what it means to be a strong player

yeah

#subposting

Salty players who may become a little over expressive. Complaining profusely or making excuses (You're character is stupid! You're lucky I am on my off day! This match up is horrible for my character! Etc.) It makes you look stupid; it makes the scene look bad; it brings down the atmosphere, and makes an otherwise hype and enjoyable environment, unpleasant to say the least. It is just a game.

Players with some bad case of body odor. Take a shower!!! The smell is so offensive sometimes, it makes me wanna gag. And it is not a sweaty musky smell you get after you work out or something. It is rotting eggs, hot garbage, not shower for a week stank! Bleh!

how can you be mad at this kinda stuff? Its like getting hit by Bang's astral only to see him standing in his underwear... lol! hilarious!

Dunno I am average at best and I corpse beat all the time cause I either don't fully know if a move will kill so I will just finish the combo and end up beating the corpse a bit. Then as Ragna I always do a Dead Spike as a celebration for winning, a habit from playing against bots I guess? I just like how if you time it right the corpse of the opponent flies across the screen spinning like crazy.

I guess my annoyance with online is some people can be very picky with connections, I play with people 2 at a minimum (some people with 1 on my friends list are good too) but some demand no less than 4 and my bar is always at 3 with these people which annoys me. Also as someone who is learning taking shit talk wrong someone after just one match and then they leave is annoying, though only happened like 5 times this year.

Players with some bad case of body odor. Take a shower!!! The smell is so offensive sometimes, it makes me wanna gag. And it is not a sweaty musky smell you get after you work out or something. It is rotting eggs, hot garbage, not shower for a week stank! Bleh!

Wait, this actually happens? Holy shit on skunk sandwich! How do you fail to shower in this day and age? If you have money to afford a console and a pretty hefty price tag for the games, then you have enough money or are in a position to shower everyday. Good grief, I hope I never encounter someone like that.

They used to hand out deodorant at some tournaments. wry

Although I think it's actually not as bad compared to other competitive games. I remember going to a Magic tournament once and it was like going to a landfill. Not all of them though.

It is probably because you have to have money (and thus be older, and have a job) to be able to travel to the big FG tournaments, and by then you probably have your act together.

All this talk of corpse beating makes me miss CT's post-match corpse beatings. Those feelings when you are able to do a full combo w/DD to someone after the match is over is just precious.

I also miss CT Rachel's speaker destroying BBL.

I corpse beat like a motherfucker, 'cus I don't feel satisfied if I don't at least try to finish the round winning combo.

I'm am THE pet peeve:

I'm the guy that will maliciously troll the hell out you at a moment notice, two fold if you had a mic.

The very same one that will force you to watch a 20 second animation that you already saw 6 times already as I sweep across the lobby.

The oh so lovable fellow that will "spam" the same move, set up or "combo" that works on you infinitely because you refused to look at the whole screen and/or block.

Yet if these shenanigans has led you to become a slightly better player, it was worth it. :eng101:

I can bait mami just fine. But because that move does quite a bit of damage every beginner Plat seems to just spam it even after I've baited it 4-5 times. So the matches are just me baiting mami and punishing... and that's not fun for anyone.

Edit: someone tell me what hilarious things I can do as a Relius to ice car spam so I can put that to rest too. I've let that crap go un-mangled for too long

Another one: People who refuse to play against you because you can beat them - Sometimes they are the only person online or are hosting the only room you can join. I'd rather play against them than sit in a training room waiting for god knows how long (but nope just get kicked upon entry...>.> TheMcTager + zKnightArtorias).