Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

Your pet-peeves netplaying.

Sitting in a room watching someone stomp people, the guy gets stomped by someone better, and then immediately closes the room -_-. Maybe this is just coincidence, still annoying.

Edit: also, what's with devs giving zoning characters dp's? Playing a good keep-away game wasnt good enough so you have to ensure they never get in ever?

/end rant

The only "zoning" character in this game with a DP is Mu though, and I don't think she's SUPPOSED to be a 'zoning' character. The fact that she has some super annoying stein cycles is probably more of a mistake than giving her a DP.

Its a combination rant of a few different games I've played, but I agree that the stein cycles are more annoying than the dp. But up until 1.1 her dp was also extremely annoying.

Its a combination rant of a few different games I've played, but I agree that the stein cycles are more annoying than the dp. But up until 1.1 her dp was also extremely annoying.

Un safe-jumpable because of autoguard, very annoying indeed

Un safe-jumpable because of autoguard, very annoying indeed

It should be safe-jumpable now. You can os mu's dp like jin's dps now that the first 8 frames are invincible instead of guardpoint.

It should be safe-jumpable now. You can os mu's dp like jin's dps now that the first 8 frames are invincible instead of guardpoint.

I know.

He's a redname, but he's on Vita and he's a 3-bar, I'll give him a chance.

One curbstomp later....

... Yep.

Her DP is annoying, but if it gets baited, she loses pretty much half her life. And she's more a setup/trap character or so I was led to believe.

Her DP is annoying, but if it gets baited, she loses pretty much half her life. And she's more a setup/trap character or so I was led to believe.

Exactly; I don't think there even WAS anything wrong with Mu's DP even prior to the change ("Oh no! I can't safejump one character's DP for free! Hlep, Arc Sys, plz remove this character differentiation!").  The problem still IS the fact that she has some stein placements that are extremely difficult to thread through.   THAT needs to be addressed.  The DP is fine.

Her steins can make the DP safe. Nemesis makes it so you get hit out of a punish no matter where you are for the most part.

I wouldn't take that from her though; that's the point of the character.

Her steins can make the DP safe. Nemesis makes it so you get hit out of a punish no matter where you are for the most part.

Nemesis da gawd. lol

Honestly my complaint had nothing to do with mu lol. As I said I've played a lot of different games lately, this thread just seemed to be open, but if its structly for BB maybe iys a bit out of place xD

Honestly my complaint had nothing to do with mu lol. As I said I've played a lot of different games lately, this thread just seemed to be open, but if its structly for BB maybe iys a bit out of place xD

Axl has a DP as well (crappy though) so I get your point

You can't do that on wakeup or pressure situations though, because you'd get hit out of the stein placement.   That's more of a 'respect me at neutral, you punk!' maneuver.  Also, the solution to this is to throw as your punish, because you can't get hit out of a throw.

People who use very unsafe moves over and over again and not learning from it. For example, how many times do I have to punish Platinum's Mami Circular (spell check?) in order to get through to your head? Cancel that shit dammit! 

When people complain about Platinum and call her a scrub character

People who use very unsafe moves over and over again and not learning from it. For example, how many times do I have to punish Platinum's Mami Circular (spell check?) in order to get through to your head? Cancel that shit dammit!

Define irony

With Jin, what I did against Nemesis was actually run-up 623C, it beat both Origins and Steins for a CH combo into pressure. It only worked like half the time, but I didn't get punished too badly cause I only either got hit by Steins or got hit by Origins and had to try it again.

If Platinum is a scrub character, what does that make Taokaka, Faust, and any other "random item machine" character????

If Platinum is a scrub character, what does that make Taokaka, Faust, and any other "random item machine" character????

Unpopular

Most people don't even know that Tao HAS random items.

Platinum is a scrub character? While she has some easy to pull off combos, she's kind of difficult to use correctly due to her random items.