Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

Your pet-peeves netplaying.

What's the wrong way to play then?

Pet peeve: elimination of the BGM sampler/character voice sampler

Was it even in the jp version?

What's the wrong way to play then?

Pet peeve: elimination of the BGM sampler/character voice sampler

The wrong way is generally when playing Blazblue like Street Fighter

Pet Peeves: People that switch characters after losing a game

People that complain about other characters

People thatuse mics when no one else does

Was it even in the jp version?

Not in the JP ver of BBCP. Not sure about the ENG ver.

They had it in BBCS2, I really enjoyed listening to the voice and BGM

Pet Peeves: People that switch characters after losing a game

"Well, my sub didn't work, so I guess I better use my main."

I like to think this why they change characters.

I think it's fine to switch if you lose, unless you really want the runback.

I try not to switch if I win though, feels a bit scumbaggy.

Human mode valk. So Arksys has a few characters that are godlike with and crap without (Relius/ignis, Arakune/Curse), but Valk is stupid in both modes. Whats his trade off? Bad defense? There's people with worse. No offense to people that main him, I just... cant handle him ._.

I *never* see Valk players online. I think the last one I fought was.. two months ago? And I'm on netplay almost every day.

Valkenhayn is the one difficult characters I get plenty of rounds in with, but I'm also blowing off steam for arksys being fucking stupid and not giving Rel ANY defensive options or options to discourage "dont just run up and murder me" while ignis is recharging.

Yes, I am salty atm. My right eye is shit because optometrists are assholes and charge $400 for a years worth of contacts.

Valk isn't too bad. His wolf mode has been nerfed.

It's Kokonoe and Azrael which seems to be a little too strong in my opinion. Sometimes they're a little too hot to handle.

Kinda funny cuz Azrael I have like no issues with. He's gotta decide between mixup or pressure it feels, so I can either mash... or IB and mash. Valk was just aggravating me at the time, but any character who can do one super-jump and bypass relius' neutral I have issues with (Bang, Tao, Valk, etc...)

This thread is the combination of all the salt I have used in my lifetime... and probably much more

Lag...

No seriously...

BBCP : Terumi in lag. Annoying.

GG : Chipp in lag. Annoying.

P4A : Everyone in lag. Annoying...

Man did I sure need somebody to point out my salt could compete with that of the dead sea on some days :D thanks susano, much love xD

Maybe I just need to learn more basic defense options, and learn what I should be trying to accomplish by jumping out.

Man did I sure need somebody to point out my salt could compete with that of the dead sea on some days :D thanks susano, much love xD

Maybe I just need to learn more basic defense options, and learn what I should be trying to accomplish by jumping out.

^ - ^;

Dont worry about it, cuz I just noticed another issue is when I play as Relius and lose, my reaction is "fuck their character" but when Im Kagura and lose, Im like "needs more dp" xD. Also, I take casual matches waaaaay to seriously, but its hard not to when someone gives you that savage beating and you cant tell if they're gonna be "man, this player ks trash and should kill themselves" or not.

Dont worry about it, cuz I just noticed another issue is when I play as Relius and lose, my reaction is "fuck their character" but when Im Kagura and lose, Im like "needs more dp" xD. Also, I take casual matches waaaaay to seriously, but its hard not to when someone gives you that savage beating and you cant tell if they're gonna be "man, this player ks trash and should kill themselves" or not.

My exact reaction while playing Mu. My sodium levels nearly reached critical mass fighting Jin last night. I had to disconnect because my controller was giving trouble...aka ran out of power. Then said Jin player got cocky like he was some top tier player.

Then Bang? Don't even get me started.

I know all too well how you feel. Too many mistakes with Mu and her health goes down the toilet.

The downside to playing Valk is he is all offense. If you can't block, you won't win. There are plenty of characters who give him problems, especially with his wolf meter regen nerfs (Tao, Bang, Mu, Raga, LITCHI {tha gawd}, and even Noel). Playing Valk is giving up a lot in the name of offense.

I will not turn a blind eye, however, to the fact that he is top 5 in CP and most of the hate he generates is due to one mistake and you're in the corner eating his vortex.

The downside to playing Valk is he is all offense. If you can't block, you won't win. 

surely you see the problem with what you are saying...?

surely you see the problem with what you are saying...?

I realize he's on offense quite a bit but this isn't like Extend where he pretty much had wolf meter ALL the time. And human mode can only keep someone at bay for so long. At some point Valk HAS to block, and that is where his handicap lies.

My exact reaction while playing Mu. My sodium levels nearly reached critical mass fighting Jin last night. I had to disconnect because my controller was giving trouble...aka ran out of power. Then said Jin player got cocky like he was some top tier player.

Wait was this me?

I thought I was acting as gimmicky as usual the entire time.

I realize he's on offense quite a bit but this isn't like Extend where he pretty much had wolf meter ALL the time. And human mode can only keep someone at bay for so long. At some point Valk HAS to block, and that is where his handicap lies.

Sounds like pretty good balance to me.

Wait was this me?

I thought I was acting as gimmicky as usual the entire time.

Sounds like pretty good balance to me.

Not really good, but there is some there. If you get caught in human mode blockstrings in the corner he has enough time to regain wolf meter. Then you're back to the 50/50 show. And against a character where blocking is a bad option, I can see why players feel the way they do.