Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

Thread and discussion lifespan

I suddenly realized something while talking over twitter about recent things:

Some threads sometimes lose their way or require mods to step in a lot and redirect discussion back on topic, but the topic is long since lost or not longer relevant to the thread or current game.

For general threads and news and general gameplay discussion threads, we should find some kind of way to judge when it's time to start a new thread and try to keep it open until there's some kind of game-changer to the general conversations.

Either in months, pages, or post count.

This would do a few things:

1. Shorter threads are easy to scan historically. We can argue with each other better when finding ideas or quotes.

2. Mods will have less work, won't have to step in and cause a mess, nor clean one up.

3. Shorter threads are just easier to manage.

Implementing this on the general gameplay discussion (and netplay) threads regularly would hone a lot of conversation and make things much easier to find.

Thoughts?

I find that threads really only get out of control when new info comes around; especially when new characters are revealed. I was PMing Circ about it and got a swift answer. (I just realised that my Sent Items don't show up? Is that normal?)

4xJ9UVh.png

However i think the TGS hype thread worked out well enough.

I think having shorter gameplay threads won't really stop when threads spiral out of control when it gets crazy for like a day or so.