Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

UKTNpIy.jpg

5lNRigU.jpgAtF9tlk.jpg
yIPab8I.jpghctbihP.jpg

A game commissioned by Dengeki, published by Sega, and developed by French Bread :v: . The game released on the 18th of March, and a console port is confirmed for Fall of this year.

We also have an official site (http://climax.sega.jp), including a blog concerning the game, although that requires translating from Japanese.

Information Documents:

This is a group of pastebins to accumulate whatever information we have of the game. As of now, it only consists of basic system information and scraps from BBS/Twitter, but after release, edit anything helpful you find from match videos or other information sources - tech, top players impressions of Characters and match ups, ect. - and, on console release, things you discover from playing yourself if you decide to import it (because I honestly doubt it's getting a western localization) into the respective pastebins and post the edit of said pastebin here, and I'll take out the version here and update it with the new variation (or just post/link the added contents here and I'll put them on the page :v: ). There'll be a pastebin for general information (system, loketest/release dates, ect.), one for every Character (summaries, combos and other tech, matchups, assist reccommendations, tips and tricks) and one for every support (summaries again, useful tidbits, Character reccomendations).

General Gameplay Information.

Character Documents:

Shana.

Asuna.

Misaka.

Kirino.

Shizuo.

Kuroyukihime.

Kirito.

Tomoka Minato.

Virtua Fighter's Akira has also been confirmed as an Arcade boss Character: It is unknown as to his playability as of now.

Support Documents:

Wilhelmina.

Leafia.

Touma.

Kuroneko.

Celty.

Haruyuki.

Holo.

Boogiepop.

Maou.

Hinata Hakamada.

Kaga Koko.

Kino.

Mashiro Shiina.

Erio Touwa.

Pai of Virtua Fighter has also been confirmed as Akira's assist: Again, it is unknown as to whether players will be allowed access to them.

Videos.

Will eventually include Character sections, but knowing there to only be loketest footage now, we'll just have one group for that instead.

11th - 13th October Loketest.

Playlist one.

Playlist two.

Playlist three, day one.

Playlist three, day three.

15th - 16th February Japan Expo Demonstrations (plus shakycam uploads)

Four match set, features Kirito, Tomoka, Leafia, Touma, Shana, Shizuo, Haruyuki, Kino, Kirino, Hina, Maou, Misaka, Mashiro.

Single match, features Misaka, Tomoka, Kuroneko, Touma.

Shakycam footage, features Kuroyuki, Misaka, Mashiro, Holo, Shana, Kino.

>Kino.

>Assist.
;_;

I love that this game is getting made simply because there is infinite potential to the roster. I'd be fine if we just get more Shana chars, but we can also get Celty, the Disgaea chars, Bayonetta, Kirino (everyone's favorite training dummy), and much more. I don't even care that much about the gameplay, though it doesn't look too bad so far.

That is interesting, I hope it doesn't become a ship to make a 'Sword Art Online' fighter cause I wish for more diversity. I don't seem to know what exactly Dengeki does but as I understand they also got Kino's, Index, Toradora, Spice and Wolf and Devil is a Part-Timer?

Sega published VF. Even if it's really different, with, you know, being 3D rather than not, it's still mostly a solid competitive franchise. I doubt they'd really screw it up that much. They'll probably assign an efficient team.

And yes, the cast could be absolutely amazing. As well as the works you mentioned, we have Baccano, Shigofumi, Kino, Azumangha if they're fine with how much they'll probably contrast even with what's already revealed, Gunslinger Girl: If they really want to treat people, we could even have fucking Boogiepop Phantom, even if that's improbable. Best roster confirmed?

That is interesting, I hope it doesn't become a ship to make a 'Sword Art Online' fighter cause I wish for more diversity. I don't seem to know what exactly Dengeki does but as I understand they also got Kino's, Index, Toradora, Spice and Wolf and Devil is a Part-Timer?

Yup, they've got all of that. There's also, as I mentioned before, the possibility of Sega properties being placed in, so that adds even more potential.

My hope is that they'll keep it to one Character per series. Seems like the best way to please the most people :v: .

My hope is that they'll keep it to one Character per series. Seems like the best way to please the most people :v: .

B-but I want to play as Marjory Doe! And Sabrac, and Sidonay, and Wilhelmina! Oh, and Yuuji too, I suppose :v:

And I totally forgot about Accel World - that series is just begging to be made into a fighting game!

And I totally forgot about Accel World - that series is just begging to be made into a fighting game!

I don't really care for it myself, but it's popular enough that it'll probably get in.

Kirino (everyone's favorite training dummy)

You. I like you.

I'd like some Holo and Azumanga though. Chiyo's dad would be too good.

How are you guys forgetting about the greatest series, Ro-Kyu-Bu? I would like some lolis and dunking in my fighter, yes please~

I'll kill you both and make sure you get your waifus NTR'd from you...

Wait, I typed "Kirino"? Silly me, I meant "Kirito", of course!

Personally I want to see some Index characters in this, especially Railgun and Accelerator

Hell, Okami-san too just for the cat knuckles

Looking at the short gameplay footage it looks really similar to UNIB/UNIEL to me, from the walking animation to the recovery and attack sound effects, even the sprites. I really hope it is French Bread making it.

On characters, I would really like Celty to be in it, and characters from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (though I didn't like the show that much, but the designs look cool), specifically Honda Futayo with that hype ass spear.

It's probably not French Bread. They seem focused on Under right now and I don't think they've ever worked with Sega previously.

I'd love to see some Durarara and Baccano reps.

Game looked oay from the itty bit we've seen, I am interested to see a lot more though.

Whaaaaaaat? I am so hype for this. The amount of characters that could potentially be in this is staggering. :psyduck:

On characters, I would really like Celty to be in it, and characters from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (though I didn't like the show that much, but the designs look cool), specifically Honda Futayo with that hype ass spear.

Sweet Tsirch, Dengeki have KyoukaiSen, too? That's the greatest series I've watched this year (though I admit, it's difficult to adapt, so you have to read up some walls of text to understand it well). I'm so maining Neito when she's revealed to be in.

It's probably not French Bread. They seem focused on Under right now and I don't think they've ever worked with Sega previously.

Well probably not French Bread but probably just the sprite artist.

Not sure if I want this...

Also this is a Dengeki vs Sega project, where's all the love for the other half? ; -;

Vectorman plz

Also I'm surprised that no one has brought up their last big self-crossover: Cross of Venus

Yeah probably not, still it looks really similar. As long as it's fast paced I'm fine with whoever.

Sweet Tsirch, Dengeki have KyoukaiSen, too? That's the greatest series I've watched this year (though I admit, it's difficult to adapt, so you have to read up some walls of text to understand it well). I'm so maining Neito when she's revealed to be in.

It's in the list Setsuna linked earlier, surprised to see it as well. They really have a lot to choose from.

Not sure if I want this...

Also this is a Dengeki vs Sega project, where's all the love for the other half? ; -;

Vectorman plz

Also I'm surprised that no one has brought up their last big self-crossover: Cross of Venus

The only Sega game that comes to my mind is Bayonetta, but I'd be fine with Valkyria Chronicles and other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. It's just that, you know, they already have entire games dedicated to them, and you can't say the same about Hataraku Maou-Sama or something.

And that crossover game is pretty bad from what I've read: it's simply a retelling of first volumes of some LNs and some original plot at the end. Of course, that might be exactly the same case this time, too, but at least it's a fighting game, which doesn't care about plot that much.

Cross of Venus was no worse than your typical SRW game lol and I was more referring to their "roster" selection for that game probably being a strong indicator of who's getting in on this one, with obvious recent airings helping to mix it up some.

And so what if Sega characters have games dedicated to them? I think having light novel series is alot more enduring, especially when you consider the multiple mediums they've branched out into. Sega hasn't had a real good crossover [lol PXZ], especially in fighter format, so there's alot of potential, especially with older series.

Seriously, just give me Vectorman and I'll get hyped, also an End of Eternity character would be cool to play as, and if we're going to get a real fighter, give me Ryo from Shenmue instead of a Virtua Fighter character. Also can we have Sonic in NOT Smash lol [probably not but whatever]. Heck I don't even like Jet Set Radio and I think that'd be cool, and for shits n' giggles a Virtua-On character [like shrunk down lol] would be cool.

Really I'm just fearing this to turn out to be ANOTHER bishoujo fighter...which there's nothing "wrong" with that but I hope they don't limit options for pandering...

EDIT: OH! And just because I really liked the game, give me a Binary Domain character, can make them like Saki/Chris lul