Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uberdeluxe

Kitchener Waterloo(Ontario, Canada) thread!

I dunno, I think the guy running the stream ripped it off, lol. But then the new commentators who got on were really boring. :(

I'd link people to the archives but you can't view them without a Canada Cup subscription.

However, someone recorded and uploaded this:

Drunk Mago gets on commentary with drunk Gootecks and PR Balrog :D

This was hilarious! Make sure you watch it before it gets taken down for copyright infringement or something!

I should really catch up on those Love Max videos at some point.

Also, I may or may not be dicked for CECC; the fellow that's probably giving me a ride is only in it for GG and if macros aren't banned for GG, he might skip on it. It's too bad if that ends up being the case but it is what it is, maybe I should see if mtl has spare room in their car (and is willing to spare an extra hour to stop by Ottawa West lmao).

Crisis averted, see you in two weeks

It's been along time since I've been to a casual setting. I'm going to come this down this week, since I've pretty much deal with the "issues" that prevented me from attending.

So is it still Friday at the same time and place?

Hey man, been a while! Glad to see you're up for gamez again. We have a new place for casuals, we hang there pretty often. Send me a txt if you want to know if anything's going on. PM-ing you the address

Hope you'll be able to make it out to casuals more often, Darnell! :)

So there are 2 tournies coming up in the next 2 weeks. Naturally I'm hoping to go to both. Maybe I should actually prepare for them, lol. :P

https://www.facebook.com/events/526344757450142 - SCSS in Hamilton this Saturday. FREE venue fee. Just about every game is scheduled to run, lol.

http://torontotoptiers.com/site-news/canada-east-coast-championships-oct-19th-20th/ - CECC in 2 weeks.

I'll just repost what I wrote on Twitter:

Ikaruga Steam edition? YES! ... Based on the XBox 360 port? NOOOOOOO! :( #RIP 118-chain chapter 5.

:(

More info from my Twitter:

IIRC they "fixed" at least 2 things that now prevent you from using 2 scoring strats from the arcade / DC / GC versions. :/

E.g. There's a sweet spot on the big ch5 enemies that gives you massive pts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYge8hqPCA&t=36s

It's gone on the 360 port. :(

Someone bought up the idea of doing a semi-regular waterloo stream some time ago (I can't remember who it was) and I never really gave it any real consideration until now since I now have free time to play around with my LGP. Anyways, seeing as we have streaming equipment, would anyone wanna try doing a weekly/bi-weekly Waterloo stream when I get back or something? We could totally use it to spread poverty love and be super sugoi and shit.

Someone bought up the idea of doing a semi-regular waterloo stream some time ago (I can't remember who it was) and I never really gave it any real consideration until now since I now have free time to play around with my LGP. Anyways, seeing as we have streaming equipment, would anyone wanna try doing a weekly/bi-weekly Waterloo stream when I get back or something? We could totally use it to spread poverty love and be super sugoi and shit.

ok

also asdfnjdikbrjdkegr, yea I have space! Txt me your address and I can drive you

I had a BLAST at Hamilton! :D

Shoutouts to Bill / BillDing for coming with us! (btw, did I just pass by you at a bus stop?)

Shoutouts to Ryan for really intense sets in Persona WF / GF (Ryan won x2) and in Melee LF (I won)!

Shoutouts to Trademark and Johnny for the GGs in Divekick!

So we met a couple of KW players -- Trademark and Johnny -- who play Divekick / Marvel / Persona / ??. I PM'd the Mainbase address to Johnny. Hopefully they can come by sometime. Definitely want to get more Divekick matches in, including with more chars. :)

Lastly, I pulled kind of a scumbag move in Melee: after I beat Ryan on our last stocks, I GTFO'd to go get a salty runback with Johnny (who had to leave and was waiting) in Divekick, telling them to DQ me. (I lost to the tourney winner earlier in the bracket.) Even though I could get a runback at Mainbase later. In retrospect, I feel bad for leaving the spectators hanging. But, I don't regret it: I got to play a fun, satisfying set in Divekick rather than a frustrating set in Melee, where I would've been handicapped by my lack of tech skill. :p

Hey Zeron. People have actually been playing BlazBlue at casuals recently. ;)

Btw, Ryan/Simond, you guys wanna play through some more Hamnesia this weekend if you're around? I was reading Ted the Caver and it put me in the mood for some Hamnesia, lol. (Also, ironically, I'm curious to try caving / spelunking now. :P)