Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omex

[P4AU] Loketest #2 Info sharing/News/Video thread

Alright! Similar to what Circuitous did for the TGS BBCP hype thread, this will be a separate thread for all of the information, videos and news that comes out of the new Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex hold Location test #2! This thread is separate from the main news discussion thread so we can have loketest 2 specific information for people to read without having to sift through extra posts!

THIS THREAD IS FOR INFO/VIDEOS/NEWS ONLY. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED

Feel free to link whatever information, both english/japanese as long as you post the source where it came from (most likely tweets, evernotes, and jp bbses) and proceed to discuss it in the main discussion thread as you please! If it is in Japanese, I/whoever else who can translate will likely try to go through it if there's any valuable info in it. Please try to avoid posting information without a source, the last thing we need is unfounded rumors getting people excited. :<

compiled information will most likely be here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P3-fyaHUzfgguGgELgt-Cw0QapJ2ZhvZZV8o2kL0BUg/edit#

Played lots P4U2 and gonna give a brief summary

lots of stuff existed in the 1st loketest are gone, so just forget about the last loketest and that will make everything easier

Stuff that are same from last loketest

- shadow mode related

- s.hold system (apparently this was meant to be Suplex Hold system)

everything else aka backstep cancel into special, hop cancel landing being special cancellable are all gone

s.hold system takes forever to charge up I didn't test it a lot but it doesn't really look that helpful except for beginners who can't execute 236236 commands

Shadow characters recap

- every character except Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys has shadow mode

- no burst, no awakening

- shadow characters have a .8 modifier on every single move/normal they have. so they do that much less damage per every hit and special that they do, supers too, etc. doing the exact same combo between versions that would deal 1000 damage, would deal 800. etc.

- meter carries over the round

- spend 100% to activate awakening super, anytime

- spend 100% to activate shadow berserk mode (alike KOF's MAX mode)

- berserk mode can be activated like OMB, but not on block

- special can cancel into another special during berserk mode, but can not use same move more than once, A/B/SB version all counts as a different move

- using super or omc during berserk mode will decrease the berserk meter a lot

- if you took the round during the berserk mode, you will carry over the half of the meter that is left

- opponent CAN burst out during your berserk mode, not like BBCP Overdrive

Character impressions

Narukami

- sweep>5D is back

- 5D now moves faster so sweep>5D actually does not link like how it does now, 5D has much longer recovery time, so you can't 5D and then jump into opponent to do pressure

- JD falls so much faster but has so much longer recovery so there is no more J2A>JD oki

- added new move 2D, basically summons JD on the ground, this is not overhead though

- added airversion of 236C, like Jin's air-fireball

- 214B causes slide down (both air and ground) and it combos into new super in the center screen

- 214AB causes knockdown for both air and ground, 214AB is a fatal counter move

- 214B feint (same from last loketest)

- everything else are similar from last loketest

Yosuke

- nobody plays him, no idea

- kunai can't knock down opponent again

- heard Skukaja is so much shorter

Chie

- the dash punch move is FC, and causes wall-bounce on counter, does tons of damage

- she can now do sth like 236A>236A>dash punch>dragon kick and meterless bnb does like 4500

- 5D, 2D, JD all looks slower and longer recovery time, oki nerfed alot

- 2C is 2hit, pulls opponent back, and causes freeze on hit

- meteor is again same as the current version in terms of speed and number of fireballs, except it will all disappear if opponent hit you after the move activated

- 5A is still godlike, 5Ax8 works as usual

Yukiko

- big big changes

- SB Agi, only one flame searches opponent, so pretty much all mid-screen SB agi combo does not work like before

- SB booster is back to P4U

- all booster and guard-kill activate does not spend life meter (which is a nerf cuz you can self activate awakening)

- new firebird move available from fire-level 6

- fire-level up to level 9, level 9 does 230% of original damage

- both A and B Agi appears at different position, smaller hitbox, far-range 5C>2C>BAgi does not combo

- B Agi sets the flame so much closer and higher than it was before, so you can't do B Agi fullscreen oki anymore

- Agi will appear from where Yukiko is, you can't do 3D>full screen Agi> full screen 5C anymore

- the new move 214A/B always appear from where Persona is

- SB Maharagidine hits the lower half of entire screen at the same time, hype

Kanji

- 5B chargable, the text gets bigger

- can not move after JC until land

- new Persona tackle move sets Persona far away

Naoto

- Mudoon is air-unblockable

- SB Hamaon searches where opponent is

- trap takes 4 fate count

- 2C only takes 1 fate count

- can set 3 same traps at same time, but traps are harder to use in the combo

- added SB shooting move

- not sure about what other changes but she looks better than last loketest

Teddie

- pretty much same as last loketest

- teddie screw move is still broken

Mitsuru

- B droit has longer recovery so you can not combo after on normal hit, you have to use SB droit to do the combo

- SB Mahabufudine, ice wont go away even Mitsuru blocks your move, aka she can pull back and mashing C and D to punish you, very good move

- she is still very good, trust me

Akihiko

- you can do the same move in the cyclone chain again (compared to the last loketest)

- looks similar to last loketest

Aigis

- similar to last loketest

- new move J2C, does ground 5C in the air

- change combo from normal to Orgia mode looks very hard since 5AA will cause her jump up to the air

- still does tons damage with SB megido, 4k+ from anywhere

Labrys

- 214A does not combo into super anymore

- Red-axe SB super guarantees 4k dmg in the combo

- you can't hold sword setup anymore, oki is nerfed

- JB is faster

Shadow labrys

- command grab causes poison and silence (C - poison, D - Silence)

- other things look similar to last loketest

Elizabeth

- B+D feint is gone (it existed in the last loketest)

- can charge up 2C and 236B

- she looks very uncompleted at moment, nothing combos and looks pretty bad

for other changes I haven't mentioned, refer the 1st loketest info

some other noticeable changes are:

- they have added many new BGM,

P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",

P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,

P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.

They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

- each shadow character has their own opening and winning pose,

shadow Chie stamps on your head and Shadow kanji being totally awesome,

and Shadow Yukiko is my new waifu

Not gonna mention Yukari and Junpei cuz they are totally new

feel free to toss the question on twitter :p

Hey guys, I'm a Mitsuru player from the Detroit area who's currently studying abroad in the Kansai region. I had the pleasure of playing.. probably 25~30 matches of P4PEOPLE'SELBOW at the Taito Station loctest in Osaka, so here's what I got out of it:

GENERAL

Game feels very similar to P4U, actually played a few matches then went back to P4DOUBLEGERMAN and didn't have any issues adjusting to either.

B+D feint from last loctest taken out?

Situational FCH is definitely a thing, not sure how it works exactly but I saw a non-FCH move get a fatal from punishing Chie's B+D.

MITSURU

5A - Seems the same, CH 5A > sweep still combos etc.

5B - Also seems the same. Didn't know to check for the dash cancel FFFFFFFF

5C - Only change I noticed was the dash cancel. Both forward & backdash seem to work for every 3 hits, but sometimes neither would come out and I'm not sure why.

5D - Seemed similar to before, but I think the opponent's trajectory after getting hit by 5DD was a bit different.

2A - Didn't notice a difference but I didn't test much.

2B - Didn't notice a difference, would've liked to test it more to see how it feels in an actual match.

2C - Seemed the same, didn't check the total meter drain amount. Still 4 meter/tick and Mitsuru still gets meter when the opponent has 0, super meters flash every tick to indicate the drain.

2D - 2D first hit only works different, instead of dropping straight down the opp arcs backwards so it doesn't seem viable for combos, including corner 2ABD not working 'cause the opponent can tech earlier/higher. 2DD whips the opponent towards Mitsuru and ground slides, great for comboing if they land in front of her but if they fly over her it seems hard to follow up without a corner to keep them close. At certain spacings the 2nd hit of 2DD would whiff, definitely seemed touchier than P4U.

j.A - Same.

j.B - Same, although I didn't confirm if j.B RC j.B land 5A still works on crouching opponents. The couple times I tried it it didn't combo, but I might've just screwed it up due to rust.

j.C - Same? Wishing I tested CH j.C more.

j.D - Seemed the same, still can do j.DD > 2DD for a combo.

Autocombo - Shadow Mitsuru autocombo seemed the same as P4U, but I spent way more time with normal Mitsuru's new autocombo. I got the impression the new autocombo is considerably stronger and more useful than the old. 5AAAAA = same old 5A, a lowish slash (IIRC old loctest notes said 2nd hit was too low to juggle, not true anymore), lunges forward with several quick stabs, A Droit, A Myriad Arrows. 2nd and 3rd attacks have lots of cancel options (unlike old autocombo 4th & 5th attacks IIRC), builds 30ish meter, 3rd hit LUNGES FORWARD. GUYS. IT LUNGES FORWARD. AND THERE'S TONS OF CANCEL OPTIONS. 5AAA 6, 5AAA 5C, etc. u gaiz.

AoA - Still has the same hilariously obvious and slow startup so I didn't test it much.

Sweep - Pretty sure this is no longer FCH, otherwise still seems just as strong as before. Wish I could've specifically tested to make sure it low profiles the same way it used to, though.

Throws - Ground throw seems the same, couldn't confirm if CH airthrow still leads to a combo.

B+D - Same, not sure if it was easier to punish but otherwise I noticed no changes.

[4]6+A/B - A & SB drills seem the same as before. Meaty A drill > 5A on crouching opp still combos. As mentioned before, B drill > 2A only combos after a FCH. Charged B drill seems to always go max distance, uncharged the same flexibility as before.

[2]8+C/D - C Bufula similar to before, might move faster/further? D ver, as mentioned, appears further out and moves towards Mitsuru, only hits once. SB ver maybe the same? Saw a Kanji get juggled for all 5 hits on top of it so maybe it moves faster now.

[4]6+C/D - The new move, ice sorta-reppuken that travels along the ground. Doesn't seem to hit off the ground at all and has somewhat laggy startup & recovery, but it causes confuse and I'm 99% sure it hits low. C ver goes about 2/3 or 3/4 of the screen length, D goes a bit further, and SB full screen. Round start 5A > C ver is awesomely obnoxious.

236236A/B - Seems pretty much the same. SB ver does 50 hits.

236236C/D - Maybe the same, not sure if they're still air blockable. SB ver is slower than D ver, since it's so huge if it's air UB there'll be lots of potential for silly air resets.

214214C/D - Same? Didn't use much or see other Mitsurus really experiment with it.

Shadow Overdrive - Based on the little bit of experimentation I did I'm thinking we'll see some challenge 30-esque SB droit combos.

Combostuffs:

5 2A+B [4]6A+B 2AB [2]8C 5 2A+B [4]6B 236236D - easily 4k+ dmg, again must use SB droit instead of B ver and 2ABD in place of 2AB [2]8C no longer works

2DD 5 2B 2DD > ??? (2.4k)

Not sure how to combo off 5C air hit dash cancel, maybe off CH?

5AAA 6B 5[C] [4]6A 236236x still works

Midscreen FCH 52C 5 2B 2DD, not sure of optimal route from there

Addressing some specific points from Omex's translations ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P3-fyaHUzfgguGgELgt-Cw0QapJ2ZhvZZV8o2kL0BUg/ as of 9/30 2am JST)

"* rumor: cannot hold 4 to make b droit travel less distance, cannot control the distance as well

cannot cancel [5B] into anything but droit?

* Mitsu can cancel 5B into Forward dash"

Addressed the confusion over B droit travel distance in the move notes above. You can also definitely still cancel it into stuff like 5C, sweep, or 2C. Wish I remembered to check for the dash cancel q.q.

"* 5C > Dash cancel forward on air hit = combo possible

* 5C is dash cancelable every third hit, only backdash cancelable on 6th"

Combo howwwwwww? Somewhat addressed the dash cancelling above, but hopefully a JP player figured out why it doesn't come out sometimes.

"* B droit > 2a works on fatal (apparently)"

Yep.

"* Tentarafoo looks hellastrong(™).With this, mitsu could look to catch jumps way more often.Dial A > Tentarafoo comboed"

Buh? Tentarafoo = [4]6C/D, right? Hard to catch jumps 'cause it's slow and seems to only hit along the ground, all vers have a long startup so regardless of the autocombo hit you cancel it doesn't seem anywhere close to comboing.

May edit later if I remember more, super tired ATM. Thanks for reading!

Chie:

-Heavy version of black spot is now chargeable.

-J.BB>J8d doesn't not work anymore. Opponent techs last hit of the J8d.

-Sweep>A.Rampage>Lunge punch>Stuff works

-Meteors will also disappear if the persona is hit

-Chie regular BnB in corner still works

-Blender is dead

-Still very mobile in terms of speed

I'll add more when i'm not dead lol.