Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yazumatto

[CP1.1] Makoto Nanaya Video Thread 2.0 - "New footage coming in BBCP2!...maybe."

In the Nu scenario she can run up and hit her with any low during the active parry for a free hit. The other ones are safe though

Hey are self-made combo videos welcome in this thread?
I made one as her birthday. If you do think it's worthy... It would mean a lot to me if people watched it (even more if they like it, but that's up to the viewers) even with the patch almost here, almost all of them should still work (with slightly less damage from the PF damage nerf that people are comenting). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfe-4qZrMZ8

I made one as her birthday. If you do think it's worthy... It would mean a lot to me if people watched it (even more if they like it, but that's up to the viewers) even with the patch almost here, almost all of them should still work (with slightly less damage from the PF damage nerf that people are comenting). 

Nice one!

I was curious to see the damage at the end of each combo though

It's simple, just add 1050 to the last hit of PF in OD, without OD just add 700. I needed to cut time because I made a lot of combos and I couldn't put them all (8:xx minutes long is too much for a Combo Video), I wanted to put all what I could.

Hey Kev-Ab! I've been messing with your combos. In the fifth combo (the one against kagura with the anti-air), instead of doing the 623C cross-up to send him to the corner, I find it easier to make a dash before the 2D, if you hit the j623C after OD a bit lower than in the video, the 2D will hit from behind and send him in the direction of the corner, then you do the rest normally, if timed it wrong the 2D will send him forward, but you can do the same (623C>5D>214A~D) and he will be in the other corner instead xD. Either way you can land the full combo xD.

MGQ music! I should had expected it from your title but good stuff!

Not The best gameplay but heres a playlist with footage of my Makoto In Tournament. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLugersHWvpo8qb_HcKOXvRbUaI47GFNTe

And This Match Was Extremely Close 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PMan3ZCW8&index=20&list=PLugersHWvpo8qb_HcKOXvRbUaI47GFNTe

That was really impressive OmniSScythe, you had a strong neutral and you made people crouch block after 5C>C since you did RC>2B for the mixup.  Combined with often stopping after 5C>C so dp's would be blocked forced respect on characters that normally blow up Makoto.

As far as you hitconfirms go, you seemed to have adapted to her changes in 1.1 considering the nerfs.  Were the corner lvl 2's that let them tech in the air mistakes or designed as potential resets with 6A, throw, or cross-under?

Match-up wise you pretty much went through the gauntlet of characters and the people playing them.  Unless you know certain strings that can be parried (pretty much if you get hit by trying to jump you can parry it) avoid trying it on wake-up since the parry has 5 frame startup so it can get stuffed or worse is the catch doesn't reach the opponent.  Relius looked to have given you the most trouble but you seemed to have adapted to just blocking the wheel and then 5A'ing Ignis to de-summon her.  If the Relius follows her to 5B you try testing if after 5A'ing the doll if you can parry and catch the 5B he throws.

I hope to see more of that in future tournaments, beating LK's Koko with Makoto...I guess he'll have to hope the next version nerfs Makoto further so he can win. :thumbu:

That astral vs Ragna was really nice and that high tier Relius match up looks like a b***h for Makoto in general. Seems like you MUST wait till wife meter is gone before you can fight back. :(

Also dudes that were commenting were just silly. Lol

That astral vs Ragna was really nice and that high tier Relius match up looks like a b***c for Makoto in general. Seems like you MUST wait till wife meter is gone before you can fight back. :(

Also dudes that were commenting were just silly. Lol

I was always told as an aspiring Relius that Makoto was a bad match-up for us! O_o (I mean I can see how that could have changed with Relius getting better and developing new tech, while Makoto gets nerfed, but I didn't think it changed THAT much.)

If it matters to anyone I know that Makoto's dash is the best in the game for getting between the casting time on Relius' main pokes (5B for close and 214A for far) Her jab is super quick and can desummon Ignis then follow up with a 6A for a counterhit punish during his more common pressure strings involving 3C>6D+jump if you IB the 3C. (That may have changed with CP's nerf to instant blocking.) She's also one of the few I've seen be able to straight up dash through Tus.

I know Space parry still trashes Lyra oki, and astroid vision mix-up is still good against our slower jabs.

What nerf to IB?

Oh derp, wrong game. Nevermind me.

Makoto dash speed is just like Noel and Tsubaki. Her 5A is about as universal as all other 5As and her 2A is only one frame faster than the average 2A, but then that one frame speed comes at the cost of having less range and worse hitbox. I wouldn't call it superfast since there are many characters with similar jab too. Her parry isnt a key tool in the match up. I mean, a move that you can only see it being used once every ten rounds wont make the match up advantageous for Makoto, her defensive options are the worse in game, its only second to Bullets dp. Her offense overall is good especially vs characters like Relius, but yeah all characters are just as threatning as her in that department and even far more better.

The match up was even in EX but now its in Relius favor because he hits better. No changes to neutral or pressure.

Honestly those parry, like all of them was some random habit I've gained while I was trying to work Matsu's playstyle into my own.

An hour pf training mode against various Relius blockstrings gave me some great info, but nothing I want to share until it's battle tested. lol

It's always fun to watch Goro's Makoto, but wish he would have waited till after the 2.0 balance patch so we could get buffs instead of more nerfs for a change. Lol