Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cloud_1one

Millia vs. Ky: FOREST BLAZ....err... Never mind.

Well with some experience with ky, i can give u a couple pointers if the ky player is spamming fireballs and u cant get in then either roll and punish or go for IAD pin. IAD pin is really helpful because if he trys to AA, fireball or w/e they get countered and u get free dmg. Use j.d if they jump around alot. It will be good to HS disc here and there to claim some space if they run from you alot. Basically if u cant get ur way than try to go for a knockdown either by air to ground (i.e IAD pin into j.p 2k 2s 5hs into 2d) or by 2d and 6HS then go for disc setup which can change the tide for u. Also watch for his FRC on the stundipper, kys usually throw after that or go for preasure strings. yea thats basically all i know i hope someone else can give better and more specific strategies on ky

Playing against Sol and Ky are pretty similar. The matchup in general is very winnable if you play your okizeme game right. - Don't jump in without your pin because Sol's 5K and Ky's 6P beat all your jump-ins, they also have their 623HS to anti-air you. - You have to play your okizeme game safely with these two because they have good wakeup options to easily get out of your okizeme. In the beginning of the match, for your okizeme, use HS disc then use crossups like 214K, 2369K, or air-dash across and back to hit them with the disc. These are more safe than say doing 2K or 6K because you won't get hit by their wakeup if timed right. Then when you punish their wakeup attempts a few times, they will start blocking on wakeup and that's when you can use easier mixups like 2K/6K. Or good players will try to jump out of the disc, in those situations try to predict it or use FB disc to lock them on the ground and give you more time to mix them up for a combo. - Careful with secret garden corner setups because Sol can get out of it easily with ground viper, and Ky might try his slide, though that doesn't travel too far so he might still get hit depending on your input. - Their rushdowns are pretty similar. Against Sol just watch out for wild throws, his high/low game is simple enough to react to. Against Ky they like to cancel 2D into jumping sphere ball FB and that's ur chance to backdash or 214K to get out. Even if you're in the corner and ky is spamming 5S into fireballs, if you FD to push them a safe distance back, then you can 214K under his fireball.

random: against characters with wakeup supers/specials, 214P -> FRC will bait them and allow a high low mixup (corner air combo knockdown or badmoon knockdown into 236H, 214P -> FRC(before hit), j.K or 236H, 214P -> FRC(after hit)) The only Reversals this isn't effective against are robo-ky DP, and slayer DoT. The other way to do DP safe oki is to use secret garden setups. You'd be surprised how well SG will work against people who think they can get out. And there's also just the j.S jump in, which is fine since you can go into TK badmoon or 2S on landing.

I'm getting stomped by a Ky player. It's all about his jK. What the hell can I do about this normal? Even if I bait a running jK I don't even know what to punish it with because it's not like it sticks out long enough to think about it, and if I jump up with a normal I get beat out cleanly.

Ky's early j.K is very tough to beat out, so the answer to this would generally be to just not be in the way of it. Let it whiff, and if he follows it in with another attack or AD, just 6P him for the CH into 2H -> aircombo. If Ky always air dashes backwards after whiffing it, try following him with a running 6P or rj.K, or get ready to go for an AD -> Pin approach as he lands.