Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Q&A/FAQ Thread

Arakune in BBCP (IMO):

Easier to Use

A hell lot more effort to win with

I don't think I've ever seen an Arakune in the tournament videos I've watched, so could you elaborate on "more effort to win with"?

This is a bit of a stupid question, but how difficult a character is Arakune in CP? I mained him in CT (for how little of it I played) and absolutely loved it. I switched to Mu in CS after not liking a lot of his CT->CS changes. In CP I've been learning Relius, but I've been getting an increasingly strong desire to pick up Ara as a sub again.

Are there any decent tutorials on him out there in English (The only ones I've found so far are in Japanese)?

EDIT: I'm dumb. Apparently my ability to check the first post of the discussion thread shuts off after midnight.

His curse mechanics are pretty much the same as it was in CS though the overall damage and length of those combos were nerfed in CP. However, his neutral game, corner, and curse setups are much better than they were in CS.

Overall, you'll do less damage per curse but be cursing them more often CP. So it balances out pretty well.

Brand new to this game and BB in general, and I'm thinking about choosing Arakune as my main. I have a very basic question: What can cause your 6d bug (the one that looks like Weepinbel) to miss after a combo? Is it strictly a timing thing?

Brand new to this game and BB in general, and I'm thinking about choosing Arakune as my main. I have a very basic question: What can cause your 6d bug (the one that looks like Weepinbel) to miss after a combo? Is it strictly a timing thing?

It depends on the combo. Depending on how you started the combo they may have been able to tech early due to proration.

But timing is a factor as well, doing something simple like 5A > 2A > 2C and then 6D right as soon as they start flying back should always land.

Also if you use it as an anti-air sometimes if they are too high or something they can bounce over the bell bug.

Is 6D bell bug>low (generally 2C I guess) a true unblockable? I mean, it can be avoided by moving slightly to one side, but if you straight-up can't block it it can't be blocked. If it is, does Arakune get anything off of it, and if so, is it better to get hit by the bug as opposed to the low to limit the reward?

Is 6D bell bug>low (generally 2C I guess) a true unblockable? I mean, it can be avoided by moving slightly to one side, but if you straight-up can't block it it can't be blocked. If it is, does Arakune get anything off of it, and if so, is it better to get hit by the bug as opposed to the low to limit the reward?

As far as I am aware yes. You can't block a low and the bell bug at the same time and this setup is most often used when you are already in the corner so just moving to the side probably won't work. If he lands the low you are probably gonna end up eating a combo, getting cursed, and be stuck in the corner waiting to be cursed again. Best thing to do if you see this setup coming and can't avoid the bug is just do a jumping block and tank the bug hit rather than the low or just dp out if you think you can.

I just wanted to make sure that it actually is unblockable and I'm not just being stupid. There's generally a bit of time before the bug actually hits, so I would assume you can jump and block pretty reliably. Thanks!

Can any advanced arakune players please help, I'm not understanding some of the curse setups:

j.66[db] > CURSE ACTIVATED > ]6bd[ > sj.41236[a] > d bug 1 > 6a

• 5aa (stagger pressure) ​5a > j.cd > a bug > c bug > j.2c > d bug
    • Standard curse set up, easy, predictable, babby's first curse set up.

although this claims to be the most basic/starter setup, its one of the last ones I'm able to do. I 5a > j.cd and the d bug whiffs. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Ive tried doing jcd as early as possible, ive tried delaying it, ive tried delaying the j2c as well. The j.1cd version is working for me because the c bug from the jc pushes the training dummy into the d bug (being path'd by the 1).

• 5aa (stagger pressure) ​5aa~2 > jump forward > 4]b[ > j.cd > b bug > c bug > j.2c > d bug
    • Raw overhead with b bug assist, can delay j.c to turn this into a cross up overhead, cross up overheads beats most dps.

This one I don't really get at all. It says you jump forward but then says 4]b[ am I waiting to land to do the 4]b[? or should this say j.4]b[? from the looks of it, you 2b jump forward, land 4]b[ then jump again jcd but I doubt thats actually what you do.

help is much appeciated as right now this (curse setups) is the biggest hole in my arakune game. all my curse combo practice is basically pointless if i can't set up right haha.

thanks!

For the first one, the j.C should hit in front as an instant overhead, and I sort of plink it and usually get it I believe. I don't really remember just from memory, but haven't played in a bit due to Mu learning and university. If you can't get it consistently this way, it's okay to do 1]D[, it should work regardless I believe.

As for the second, yes, it's j.4]B[.

Ok thank you so much! I had a feeling it was j4]b[

what does plink mean? Thats the first Ive heard that term. I will try to do it so that it lands in front. So basically the jc should land as early as possible.

also this is sort of random, but because of my low level, players often don't respect my pressure even during curse. sometimes I get a random 5a to land because the opponent tries to grab or poke out etc.., what do you guys usually follow up with if a random 5a lands?

5aa > a bug combos hit them with that then go for a reset

5aa > a bug combos hit them with that then go for a reset

Thank you, can you give an example though? you mean like 5aa > a bug hits then try any of the curse setups? so basically i'm not comboing from there im just trying to do a reset?

sorry again im below average arakune right now :(

also i have an opponent friend who always blocks low, whats a good 6a starter during curse?

I see:

• 6[a] > ]a[ > j.c > a bug > c bug > j.1cd > d bug
  • 6a > 4b~5cd > b bug > c bug > d bug

do both of these actually combo if done right assuming the first hit lands?

also for setups such as:

• 214bcd > b bug > c bug > d bug
    • Fake cross up, beats all tech options

Is this just a total guess as to whether or not they will block? if they just block my c and d bug are wasted. so how do you know when to commit with the cd and d bugs.

You are correct on all those assumptions. And for the fake cross up, you mix it up with the real cross up. It's a matter of conditioning, if they see and get hit by the cross up, they'll be conditioned to block it, so you hit them with the fake cross up.

You are correct on all those assumptions. And for the fake cross up, you mix it up with the real cross up. It's a matter of conditioning, if they see and get hit by the cross up, they'll be conditioned to block it, so you hit them with the fake cross up.

Thank you, wait a minute, which one is the real crossup? the only other ones you jump with are the 5a jcd / 5a jc j1d ones or the 2 jump forward j4]b[ ones. Are those the ones you are referring to?

I believe I made two versions of the j.c b bug, one of which is a cross up, yes.

Also I made a teleport cross up that involved 214a and looked very similar to 214b. Did I put that in there? I should check...

Oh, I guess I didn't put down the real cross up version...

Oh, I guess I didn't put down the real cross up version...

can you tell me what they are? I would love to know them all so i can practice.

This may or may not be the right place to put this and I apologize if this is written elsewhere. I've been looking for good Arakune videos to attempt to learn some stuff, but the matchup videos have a lot of random names. Is there like one particular Arakune that shines above all others, like the Dogura of Arakune?

There really isn't a Dogura of Arakune in my opinion since there are no dedicated Arakune's like Souji back in CS days. lol

I'd suggest Zagi, VER, and Fumo.

If you'd like, I can explain Arakune to you, match ups, recommendations towards what resources you should use of Arakune gameplay, etc. if you're online Saturday.

Ah thanks, I'll look into those too. I should be free Saturday, so that would work out pretty nice. Should I just add you on psn or something next time I'm online? I also might have another Arakune friend helping me out that day so I'm not sure what time I'll be free.

This may or may not be the right place to put this and I apologize if this is written elsewhere. I've been looking for good Arakune videos to attempt to learn some stuff, but the matchup videos have a lot of random names. Is there like one particular Arakune that shines above all others, like the Dogura of Arakune?

Closest I can think of is Hiyoko. Guy is a kickass arakune main, though VER and Fumo are worth checking out too.

Arakune had such a volatile offensive game that tying him to a player of a character with great offense isn't really fair.

How exactly am I supposed to do the double j.6D ender after 6B? Because for the life of me I can't get it to land : |