Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

[March 14-16, 2014] Atlanta, GA "FINAL ROUND XVII"

FINAL ROUND LLC proudly presents:

FINAL ROUND 17

Date/Location:

March 14-16, 2014

Hilton Atlanta Airport

1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354

Tel: (404) 767-9000

Hello everyone we are back at it again for a 17th year and we can not wait! There's less than 5 months until FINAL ROUND XVII so the event will be here before you know it. Of course I personally would like to thank everyone in the FGC and the sponsors that have supported FINAL ROUND throughout the years because without you guys there wouldn't be any FINAL ROUND or scene! This years event will be held on St Patrick day weekend so you're in for a wild weekend of gaming! Online Registration for your games are up now and we are running an early bird registration special right now so get it while you can! We recommend you to register online as soon as possible to take advantage of the "Early Bird" special! You will receive a discount on the badge price based on the schedule below:

◦ $30 Player Badge if you register BEFORE November 28, 2013

◦ $40 Player Badge if you register BEFORE March 2, 2014

◦ $50 Player Badge Emergency Registration at the door unofficially on:

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 5:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST

and officially on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 8:00 AM EST to 12:00 NOON EST

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!

$20 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 12 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $10 for those that miss place your badge during the event, but you must show PROOF OF PURCHASE to receive the lost badge fee. If you can not show proof of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $50 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/exhibition/side tournament at FR17 you must get a players badge to compete.

Nobody wants to be in that long line on Friday anyways so please register as soon as you can to make sure you're entered into the game you wish to compete in at FR17 at the following link:

http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

To reserve a hotel room please call the hotel at 404-767-9000 and ask for the final round 17 group rate. It's the double bed room for $93 until rooms run out. They will not charge your card until you check in so don't miss out on getting your room today! Online reservation page is still under construction, but as soon as it's ready I will post the link. Don't call the 1-800 number on the national website because they will not know about the fr group rate.

Here's the list of the following games that are on the official tournament line up:

Games:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) - $10

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) - $10

Super Street Fighter IV: AE v2012 (360) - $10

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $10

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - $10

Injustice: Gods Among Us (360) - $10

Killer Instinct (XB1) - $10

King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - $10

Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) - $10

Street Fighter x Tekken v2013 (360) - $10

All team/side events will be must held on Friday March 14 as this is the only day we have available to run them in a timely manner. All team/exhibitions/side events must get approved by ME to be ran at FR17 period! Side events will be ran by the communities that requested their game to be played at FR17.

Team/exhibitions/side events that are confirmed as of now are as followed:

Of course we are going to bring back the popular series "CURLEY MUSTACHE BATTLE ROYALE" 5v5 team Regional tournament. The hype of FR + CM is too powerful and I know there will be more regions/teams allowed this year! More details coming soon for this instant classic!

VF5US

Melty Blood

SoulCaliburV

GGXXACR

ST - in the arcade room

3S - in the arcade room

We will have a BYOC room for people to play casuals during the event that spectators can play also. We will also have a FINAL ROUND Arcade thanks to Tony Majors. The same guy who brought the arcade to TFC is packing up his gear and driving to the ATL so everyone can enjoy the old school root on which this community was built! Here's a small list of games that will be at FR17:

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo - on h2h Japanese cabinets

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - on h2h Japanese cabinets

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - on American stand up cab with Sanwa parts

Capcom VS SNK 2 - Japanese cab

Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Japanese cab

Samurai Showdow 2 - American stand up cab Japanese parts

Double Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and many more. I don't want people to forget the origins of the FGC so having some type of link to the past is important to me and the arcade is where this community came from. Spectators can play casuals in the arcade.

We will have multiple streams for FR17 for those that can not attend FR17 to get a small taste of the event. We are glad to have the following streamers for FR17:

Stream #1= Team Spooky - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Stream #2= FunkyP - http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

Anime = http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

Injustice/MK stream = Kombatnetwork - http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

So with FR17 less than 5 months away there will be qualifiers around the USA and the World coming soon so please stay tuned for more details as they come available. So who is ready for the Tradition that is FR17? I know I am! Also in the memory of Richard "WingZero" Warren his picture will be on the back of each badge in his honor.

If you plan on attending FR17 and you don't want to play against the guy you practice/traveled with everyday in the 1st round of pools YOU NEED PRE REGISTER NOW! When you pre register we seed by city/state/regional seeding to try and eliminate players from the same state traveling together and playing each other in the 1st round of pools. For this process to completely work we need everyone that plans to attend FR17 to pre register online asap!

Please go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to register for your badge and the games you'll compete in at FR17! There's only 80 days until FR17! GET HYPE!!!!!!

Pre-registered, Room and flight booked! Midwest will be making a return!

Is GGAC+R gonna be a game here? I only see BBCP

I'm positive it's gonna be there, probably a side tournament though. Gonna push for Top 8 or better! Final Round last year was my first Guilty Gear Tournament and I wanna do better this time around!

Letting you guys know that I'll be there again, and maybe with a bigger crew to represent Brazil. Hope I get to see those same faces that were there last time, like the midwest guys that were so nice to me. Also looking for people that can kick my ass and teach me stuff in GG, BBCP or P4U. Be seeing ya!

Just got confirmation that my boy blackSNAKE will be joining the Midwest crew for Final Round.

Since he only plans to play Guilty Gear, how does registration work for him since it's not a main game? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I want to make sure he's taken care of.

Good question. That's a pretty big determinant on whether or not I drive in on Thursday or Friday, though I think I should stop entering a game I can't practice altogether.

What day is ggac gonna be on??

GG be on Friday while the BB will be on sat. This way we don't stack games on top of each other Top 8 for bb will be on sunday. Also Vampire savior arcade tournament will be on Friday also ran by Kajoq.

Ok for those that have called the hotel to reserve the normal double bed rooms under the FR17 group rate $93(normally $120) and there are sold out so let me see if I can get some more rooms added! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD START GOING FAST! Give me some time and i'll call the hotel tomorrow morning to try and get more hotel rooms open for the FR17 group. If I can get more rooms added to the group you better reserve them when you can! We are probably going to book the whole hotel full of FR17 peeps! Also be advised that all rooms under the FR group rate will receive free wifi throughout your stay at FR17!

"As of right now only rooms available online for the FR discounted rate are the following:"

1 king bed = $93 per night- normally $119

2 double bed executive floor= $119 per night- normally $150

1 king bed executive floor= $113 per night- normally $150

1 king junior suite= $133 per night-normally $245 ask Tray "Iceman" because this is what they tried to charge him per night without the FR group rate!"

If I can gets some more rooms make sure you grab them at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10704122

There's only 18 days until online registration is closed so you need to get that badge asap to save $10 on your badges. Register online for FINAL ROUND XVII and save $10 off the badge. Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to sign up for the games/badges so we can make pools well in advance.

This time I'll make sure we get a chance to hang out more. Haven't seen you since NEC in '12.

Great, looking forward to that.

I tried to tell you guys to get rooms earlier but as of right now we have sold out on the FR17 group rate at the venue. I would like to thank everyone that reserved a room in advance. I'll see you guys in 3 weeks. Pre reg online for badges will end on Friday at midnight! You don't want to be in the long on site registration line and run the risk of being put in a pool with people you normally play against because you didn't pre register online. Please go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm and register right now before it's too late shawty!

FR video in review:

If this guy can pre registered online since a month and a half ago to defend his ssf4ae title at FR17 why can't you? Check out the interview with 이선우 (Infiltration) and laugh at FR16 by Chris Bahn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A5eCwVnyc

After you watch the video Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to register for your badge/games today since there's only 2 days until online registration is closed!

FINAL ROUND IS WHERE HYPE IS BORN!!!!! A 12lb natural birth baby type of Hype son!!!!

Okay guys, if you want P4A to happen at Final Round, I don't mind running it. I'll need setups to do so, and we'll have to run it on Friday after Guilty Gear. So if you guys want this to happen, I'll need setups, so if you can bring a setup, let me know.

FR17 news release"

FCB PRESS RELEASE

MARCH 2014

FCB is excited to announce our partnership with Final Round for their upcoming tournament and convention the weekend of March 14th, 2014. FCB will be hosting events throughout the weekend including Magic The Gathering and HeroClix tournaments as well as board game demos and play-throughs. Saturday night’s Magic The Gathering tournament will have a tiered prize structure with a cash prize of up to $800! FCB will also be awarding Marvel Legendary and Ironman Clix to the winners of the HeroClix events. FCB is pleased to announce that we will also be working with one of the fastest growing all-ages conventions in the country—MomoCon! MomoCon had a turnout of over 12,200 people last year, and are giving guests at Final Round the opportunity to win guest passes for this year’s convention. MomoCon will also be awarding prize packs from E3 and PAX, as well as Anime and Manga prizes. 2014’s Final Round marks the coming together of three incredibly awesome gaming communities, and we at FCB couldn’t be happier to be a part of it.

FCB welcomes you to join us on Friday March 14th, Saturday March 15th, and Sunday March 16th at Final Round. More info can be found at www.fcbcomicsandgames.com and www.finalround.org. Information on MomoCon can be found at www.momocon.com. There will be a CosPlay contest hosted by "Scott Popular" during the Party on Friday March 14, 2014 starting at 10pm est.