Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zer0kage

Millia vs. Chipp: GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!

Hurray I have another set of ranbats.. I could have made it to 3rd but CHIPP. That matchup drives me nuts. His jD eats almost every aa attempt I did (it even goes through 6P :( ) + coupled with 'triangle jumps' = me a very confused man. Pin doesn't seem to be that useful on him as well.

I rarely post on here but its nice to see what other Millia players are up to. zer0, as I mentioned on NE, Chipp takes away Millia's biggest advantage over other chars, so really you want to concentrate on limiting his movement which can hopefully lead to some nice lockdown with SG/FB disc. All you need is a knockdown which is obvious I know & I suppose sounds easier than it is. RC2's Chipp is annoying indeed.

Indeed his speed is something to take note of since Millia can get outmanuevered + he has overall faster normals like his 2D. Add to the fact that he can actually do damage with his bnbs on Millia herself makes him a threat though not as much as Slayer imo. SG does work but there's some guesswork involved in pinpointing his teleport locations or whether he'd IAD. Safest bet is to use a more defensive SG formation.

Chipp is tough. It's hard to approach him in the air. His jumping dust beats out most of Millia's air moves if he's above you. And on the ground he out runs you making it really hard to pin him. What I found that still works as an anti-air is 6P. It stops most of what Chipp jumps in with. j.P also works as a good anti-air; even though Chipp's J.D beats it, j.p is fast and doesn't give Chipp players enough time to react. Use the pin when the Chipp player is trying to attack you from below you. This fight is tough but it's not impossible.

6p loses for free against Chipp j.h and j.d. Fighting against Chipp ground-to-air is just a bad idea in general, I think. Going air-to-air is ok, but it's very difficult to get a counterhit with the pin because of how fast he is. j.p and j.k are effective but if you're not good at hitconfirming those into full combos it will be difficult to be threatening. For air-to-ground I dunno, it's hard for me and his movement speed makes it difficult to snag a pin counterhit

I would say that I play against my friend Shawn his Chipp is really good. That air mobility that he has you really can't do anything for real the only ways I was able to beat him was a solid ground game DO NOT LET HIM OUT OF THE CORNER. Millia has the oki-game use it.