LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Combo Thread (Work In Progress)

5C starter? With Overdrive? OK then.

5C > 236C > Rapid > 665C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > OD Cancel(100% Health) > 4D > d.2D > d.5C > Fenrir

Does 5.8k

Your move :3

Also, most of the things you said in that post can be applied to this combo, except for the both reps of d.6B d.5C, since you don't need those in this combo. It's perfectly ok to substitute moves during actual matches if you are more comfortable with them. Me for example, whenever I do "Stuff > d.5B > 236A > 665B > 5C" I don't even use that 5C, I just go right into sj.C from the 5B, it sacrifices 100 damage, and 1% of heat, but it's much more comfortable for me.

Now here's the thing: The j.D - 6C - 2D - 6B doesn't work on everyone. I know it doesn't work on Bullet. In those instances I change to j.D - 6B - 5C - 6B. Is that pretty much the best way to go in those instances, or is there anything that works better?

Now here's the thing: The j.D - 6C - 2D - 6B doesn't work on everyone. I know it doesn't work on Bullet. In those instances I change to j.D - 6B - 5C - 6B. Is that pretty much the best way to go in those instances, or is there anything that works better?

Yep. d.6B > d.5C > d.6B is the way to go.

So the combo would become:

5C > 236C > Rapid > 665C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 4D > d.2D > d.5C > 22B

Don't know if this has already been posted:

Crouching Opponent

5B>5C>3C>22C>66~5B>5C>sj.5C>j.5d>d.5C>22B>66~2B/2A>6C>6B>6D>d.6B>d.5C>d.6B>d.5C>Fenrir (4.9K)

5B>5C>3C>22C>66~5B>5C>sj.5C>j.5d>d.5C>22B>66~2B/2A>6C>6B>OD>6D>d.6B>d.5C>d.6B>d.5C>Fenrir (5K)

It's a bit tricky, but pretty easy to do if you catch your opponent crouched with a 5B, I don't think doing OD on this one worth it but nonetheless it can be done.

also a quick question about the 22B oki setup. Do you tend to do it even if you are mid. screen or do you go into bloom trigger?

Here are some good throw combos, which do BT at the end:

BC(throw)>214A>5B>5c>sj.C>j.D>d.6A>d. 6B>d. 5C>d. 6B>236D (3.6K/26) 4.3K /w Fenrir

214A>5B/2B>5C>sj.5C>j.D>d.6C>d.2D>d.6B>22C>66~6C>6B>4D>d.2D>d.6A>d.6B>d.5C>236D (4.3K/30) 5K /w Fenrir

214A>5B/2B>5C>sj.5C>j.D>d.6C>d.2D>d.6B>22C>66~6C>6B>OD>4D>d.2D>d.6A>d.6B>d.5C>Fenrir (5.4K)

Also another good one off 6A, works anywhere on the screen:

6A>sj.5C>j.5D>(d.6B)>d.6C>d.2D>d.6B>22B>66~6C>6B>4D>d.2D>d.6A>d.6B>d.5C>236D (3.1K/22) 4.1K /w Fenrir

Edited by eLPointe

here is another good little combo off a crouched opponent:

2A>5B>2C(2)>5C>3C>22C>66~2A>6C>6B>6D>d.6B>d.5C>d.6B>236D (2.8K/20)

2A>5B>2C(2)>5C>3C>22C>66~2A>6C>6B>6D>d.6B>d.5C>d.6B>d.5C>Fenrir (3.5K)

2A>5B>2C(2)>5C>3C>22C>66~2A>6C>6B>OD>6D>d.6B>d.5C>d.6B>d.5C>Fenrir (3.9K)

Works anywhere

Edited by eLPointe

It's usually a good idea to go into 22B oki anywhere. However, midscreen you only do one 22B, since it will give you hard knockdown with your opponent right in front of you, in the perfect position to bait rolls as well.

I haven't been able to land this combo on Hakumen.

[OD Required] (5B/2B/2C) > 5C > OD Cancel > 5C > 5D > 623D > 66C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B (3.3k-4.1k, 24%-30%)

Hakumen falls out whenever I try d.6C in this combo, I just tried it on Jin and got it to land. Just pointing that out cause I thought it was me dropping it.

on certain characters you need to either omit the first d 6B, like Hakumen, or use d.6B > d.5C > d.6B instead.

Just to let you guys know, after (stuff) > j.c > j.d > (d.6C > d.2D > d.6B) <===this part will drop on Relius, Bullet, Tsubaki, Tager, Noel, Taokaka, Bang and Litchi

Thanks man. Do me another favor, test to see which characters d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B doesn't work on.

Some of the characters this combo doesn't work on, the combo you listed WILL work on, I know Hakumen and Arakune are two of those characters.

Also, some of the characters that your combo doesn't work on, can be hit by this combo, like Noel, and I believe Tager.

Edited by LunaKage

I haven't used that one much, but ill check as soon as I'm done with my 10 page paper. I know in combos where I can't do d.6C > d.2D > d.6B I go for d.6C > d.5D > d.5C > d.6B. It does slightly less damage than the 1st variation but can still lead to a 22C follow up.

Hmm, that reminds me: I haven't started listing these in the combo thread yet, because I consider them "near corner", but our cross-back-over combos "j.D > d.2D > d.6B etc" have an interesting problem.

On most characters, you can extend the damage before the 22C by using j.D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C etc. But on certain characters, like Hakumen for example, the 22C wont connect, so instead you need to keep the shortened version by just doing j.D > d.2D > d.6B > 22C, which should work on every character.

Thanks man. Do me another favor, test to see which characters d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B doesn't work on.

Some of the characters this combo doesn't work on, the combo you listed WILL work on, I know Hakumen and Arakune are two of those characters.

Also, some of the characters that your combo doesn't work on, can be hit by this combo, like Noel, and I believe Tager.

I believe that combo route doesn't work on Mu and Relius as well.

Just to let you guys know, after (stuff) > j.c > j.d > (d.6C > d.2D > d.6B) <===this part will drop on Relius, Bullet, Tsubaki, Tager, Noel, Taokaka, Bang and Litchi

yeah... i figured this out today

does it not drop on makoto and mu as well?

if u can test kokonoe too that would be nice i dont have that character

Updated first post with corner combos off of Short starters and off of Normal starters, as well as a few combos I missed for midscreen and near corner.

5B > 6A > J.C > J.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 66 > 6C(2hits) > 2D > d.6B > d.6A > 236D

2B > 6A > J.C > J.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 66 > 6C(2hits) > 2D > d.6A > 236D

5B = 3.4k

2B = 2.8K

Dunno if this has been posted yet:

4D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.5B > 236A

Doesn't work on: Relius, Bullet, Amane, Litchi, Noel, Valk

Alternative: 4D > d.2D > (d.6A) > d.5C > d.5B > 236A (there is probably a better option but this works).

Edited by Shion

Oh also this is the combo I use for max range counter hit standing 5C where 214a/something else won't connect

Is there anything better? are 3c routes better? I want it to end in 22b if possible

CH 5C > 5D > d.6A > d.5b > delay d.6c > delay d.5b > 236a > dash 5c > sj.C > j.d > d.6b > 22c > dash 6c (1) > 6b > 22b (1) (3.4k)

@Shion: That combo works on everyone, you can delay the d.5B after the d.5C if needed, also it's only the first half of a combo.

@Kaori: I have a combo listed in the first post for you.

@Shion: That combo works on everyone, you can delay the d.5B after the d.5C if needed, also it's only the first half of a combo.

@Kaori: I have a combo listed in the first post for you.

sorry i'm bad at reading

which one is it?

CH 5B/5C/2C(1) > 5D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6A > d.5B > 236A > 665B > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B (3.1k-3.8k, 22%-27%)

can't be it cause its too far

Does anyone have a corner combo that can get 5k or around that much from a 5B/2B starter? I'm getting more damage midscreen (both with and without a distortion) than I am in the corner.