LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Combo Thread (Work In Progress)

the sad thing about Noel this time around is that she's not really pumping out a whole lot more damage in the corner than she does midscreen. All her corner combos usually allow is just extra confirms, like d.6D > 236D > 5B works in the corner, but not midscreen.

off of 5B, I believe you need OD and 100 meter to break 5k.

5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.4D > d.2D > d.6B > 236D > 66C > 4D > 214D > 6C(2) > TK OD > OD Fenrir > (OD) Fenrir.

Alright, finished up the list of combos and confirms.

Gonna let it sit for awhile until myself or anyone else notices a particular confirm I might have missed that might be good to list.

I plan on making a list of combo videos for this thread, depending on if I get time to do it.

Barely different from my last one but

5B > 6A > J.C > J.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 66 > 6C(2hits) > 2D > d.6A > d.5A > d.6B > Bloom Trigger

Seems you can get pretty good damage with Chamber Shot and a Rapid Cancel, but its better to just keep the Heat. This go around, Noel is about the same mid-screen or corner. I can't really decide if I like that or not. Having better damaging options mid-screen is great, but losing easy options to 6k in the corner sucks.

I just wanna say thanks for all the work that's been done on the combo thread! It's helped me get a good head start on the game and figure out how Noel works. Thank you so much, and if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

So like, I kinda derped and found an actually decent 4D fatal combo for near corner such style if I may say so myself. If the idea's already been tossed around or whatever then like I guess I'm slow, lol.

Update, seems to work in corner, gonna check for character specifics.

Edited by Canine

Wow, cool find, I haven't seen that before. Will have to practice that, I didn't think I could do anything with Spring Raid without using meter.

Looks pretty legit. Am I the only one who thinks 4k Fatal Counter in the corner is just stupid? In CSEX it was easy to get nearly 7k. I think a 4D FC would even net you the 50 Heat for Fenrir at the end.

I think this combo would be improved if you subtracted the 5A. Is it possible to use 5B - Chamber Shot instead? I'm not at home so I can't try this.

Also, you can NOT use Spring Raid, but use Assault Through instead for the corner carry. I'm not sure how damage output compares. I may play around with this when I get home and report any good findings.

In any case, has anyone broken 5k with no Heat?

I'm sure most everyone knows this, but it wasn't stated in the OP that I know of.

Any combo involving J.D, 6B, 6C will whiff on Mu, Hakumen, Arakune, and possibly others. If going up against the characters listed, just omit 6B from the combo, and go straight from J.D to 6C and perform the combo like normal, and it should remain usable.

This was stated in the OP, but it didn't list any characters. I thought it'd be better to say something then to just keep it to myself.

ah yes. I will actually be testing a bunch of that stuff tomorrow, the op will have a list soon.

All I know from limited experience is that it will 100% not work on Mu, Arakune, and Hakumen because of their funny hit boxes, I can't think of anyone else it doesn't work on.

I know for sure it works on Amane, Nu, Noel, Ragna, Azreal, and Makoto. (Which is kinda surprising, considering their the one's whose hitboxes usually require specific combos).

Nah, looking at hitstun it doesn't work. (@Legacy)

Spring raid with no decay has 53 frames of hitstun during a FC combo, since it'll hit on the first active frame that leaves the remaining 6 active + 41 recovery for 47 frames before you can do anything after it. 53 - 47 = 6, so the only thing you can do to combo after it is 5A or 2A, the latter misses if they're too high after SR too. This is also why you can't do jack after a spring raid on non FC hit. Since without FC there's only 3 frames before they can tech when you have the option to do something, and even her supers aren't that fast. (Well Astral is but really, c'mon)

tl;dr 5/2A are the only possible (meterless) ways to follow up an early SR in a FC combo.

And I found that combo works in the corner as well, you just need to use 5B before going into 5C after Chamber Shot, with no need to microdash or anything. Just have to be sure Spring raid hits at about standing level so you land 5A when they're pretty close to the ground, as Chamber shot'll whiff if they're any higher, even though you can still get away with 5C until a certain height. Height requirement is the same for near corner as well. Same amount of damage using the 5B-5C route if you go for 22B ender, but I'd advise against this since knocking them down with 6B is not guarenteed due to the sheer hitstun decay at that point, I'd probably just go for 6C (2) jump oki. You can also get away with 5B-5C instead of 5C if you need to run up and don't think 5C will hit, but again I'd advise against trying to go for 6B-22B ender with this route and just do some jump mindgames after 6C(2). Damage is 3873 at that point if you opt to not do that ender.

Edited by Canine

This is also why you can't do jack after a spring raid on non FC hit.

Not really the same, but just in case you didn't know, if you land a raw Counter Hit Spring Raid, you get free reign to do almost anything.

i.e. j.D whiffs, and as you land you immediately go to Spring Raid and your opponent tries to punish your whiffed j.D but gets hit (Works a LOT more often than you'd think). That Counter Hit is like gold. As they come down, you can 5B into a full combo, or 6C to launch them to the corner, or just do whatever.

I'm sure most everyone knows this, but it wasn't stated in the OP that I know of.

Any combo involving J.D, 6B, 6C will whiff on Mu, Hakumen, Arakune, and possibly others.

Only those characters, tested a while back and everyone else is fine.

Not really the same, but just in case you didn't know, if you land a raw Counter Hit Spring Raid, you get free reign to do almost anything.

i.e. j.D whiffs, and as you land you immediately go to Spring Raid and your opponent tries to punish your whiffed j.D but gets hit (Works a LOT more often than you'd think). That Counter Hit is like gold. As they come down, you can 5B into a full combo, or 6C to launch them to the corner, or just do whatever.

Oh, I suppose I should've just said Spring Raid in a non FC combo, meterless of course, but yeah I know you can do stuff off CH Spring Raid, and I've known (and seen it work) that particular blocked jD-SR setup too, it's silly with SR being an actual faux-DP now, S Starter doesn't permit much though. Just the general route into jC jD (or even 6C 5D stuff if you feel like that, I particularly like that route myself even if oftentimes it's less optimal) and whatever ender you feel like at the time.

I have seen 'one' case where SR hits into later active frames though, that permits followup but.. I'm pretty sure that's not worth too much investment into learning since I'm pretty sure since it worked on Rachel it had to do with her weird hitbox as it was.

Edited by Canine

I have been looking through these threads and I must say you guys provide EXCELLENT insight on Noel's potential. I think she might be my main but I'll wait until I get my hands on the game to the decide... I'm not new to BB but I want to take it seriously. How do you guys think I should approach her combos/playstyle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noel's combos are easy for the most part. the hardest thing about them are remembering your starter, how long into the combo you are, and taking the route accordingly.

for example, a 214A starter, gets a full combo with an extra ender, however, a CH 5C into 214A will require you to use the basic ender without extending it with the extra ender.

what would u say are basic noel combos. first bb game and have no idea what to do. that combo list is huge and really kind of big and long to memorise

what would u say are basic noel combos. first bb game and have no idea what to do. that combo list is huge and really kind of big and long to memorise

Don't think of every combo in that list as being discrete.  Most combos are derivatives of other combos.  Change a move here or there depending on the situation.  You're never going to memorize a list of combos.  What you WILL memorize is what moves link with what other moves and when. 

Simple 5A - 5B - 5C - Chamber Shot is probably the most basic of basic combos.

When you're just starting out, you can pretty much learn the basic framework combo and go for that even if it's not optimal. You'll have plenty of time to work on that later. Start with learning a very basic combo ending sequence, and then find ways to go into that. For example:

Combo ender

j.D d.6B d.5C d.6B d.236D
Add a d.2D between j.D and the first d.6B to switch sides for potential positional advantage. In the corner most of the time you can add "6C (2-hits) 6B 22B" as they wallsplat.

Combo starter examples

- (5A/2A) 5B 5C 236C RC dash 5B sj.C j.D ender --> You can add filler normals for confirming at the beginning, this is to burn meter and convert a random hit into somewhat better damage

- (5A/2A) 2B/5B 6A sj.C j.D ender --> Raw starter into launcher, you need to start this close, keep in mind 6A can't be jump cancelled on block so if that happens cancel into another normal to stay safe and keep up the pressure, like 5B or whatever really

- (on a crouching opponent) (5A/2A) 5B 5C 3C 22C~66 6C j.D ender --> Noel can only combo into her sweep on a crouching opponent, this is a good meterless confirm

- (overhead starter) 6B 5D d.5C d.6C d.6A d.5B 236A dash 5B sj.C j.D ender --> The "d.5C d.6C" part can be dropped or replaced with whatever combos in drive, the point is from drive you need to d.6A to launch them and d.5B to wallslam and hit with 236A

- Counter Hit 5B/5C 5D d.6A d.5B 236A dash 5B sj.C j.D ender --> Convert random poking into good damage, if the poke was not a counter hit you can do something like 5D d.6A d.5B d.6A d.5B d.236D and keep it mostly safe

- Air-to-air Counter Hit j.C land 5B sj.C j.D ender --> This sounds stupid but it can happen a lot if you jump around pressing j.C (don't do this too much against characters with actual anti-airs)

- Grab 214A 2B/5B 5C sj.C j.D ender --> 2B pickup is easier but sacrifices damage, this also works on a raw 214A for better damage but it takes balls and a good read

- Airgrab land 2B/5B 5C sj.C j.D ender --> same deal as the ground grab

- Counter Hit 5C/6C(1-hit) 214A 2B/5B 5C sj.C j.D ender --> this is your combo in guaranteed punish situations (read: when you block a dragon punch), use 6C instead of 5C if the opponent is in crouching recovery state (ex: Jin C version DP) or if he is Azrael holding hold Growler Field like a douche.

NOTE: If you hit the opponent standing and can't hitconfirm into 6A immediately, your combo really will pretty much be ABC 236C. Which is why most of the times people go for reset attempts, say with a mixup or with a pressure reset.

OTHER NOTE: Combos with d.5B wallslam into 236A obviously don't work near or in the corner. There are better combos than that in the corner anyway, but this goes beyond the simplification process I was going for. Refer to the first post of the thread for actual corner combos.

I feel like I've covered most common situations, which means this is now seventeen thousand words long. Oh well. I simply can't resist writing questionably helpful walls of text.

EDIT: Further testing rendered original post unoptimal/obsolete. I don't know how to delete posts on new Dustloop either.

I still can't do 3C > 665B > 5C > consistently, same goes for d.6B > 66C > 22B. I'm probably still not used to how Noel's dash "feels" and it could also most likely just be me not putting in enough time to practice since I'm lazy but I can't quite execute those two parts just yet.