LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Combo Thread (Work In Progress)

Doesn't that do pretty much the same as the old combo without CT?

The only CT combo i've found thats worth doing is this one btw

6D>d.6B>CT>5C>j.C>j.D>d.6B>d.6C>d.2D>d.6B>22C>66C>5D>d.5C>d.6B>BT 4195

How much does generic 6D combo into Fenrir do? It's like 3.2k without Fenrir so that's pretty much the same thing, right? =[

I spent like two hours trying out paths for CT and I didn't find anything that was significantly better than 1.0 combos. I really hope there's some hidden tech I didn't find, 'cause her CT looks pretty cool." And I want to use it more.

TBH I think CT isn't that great for her combos. This one basically gets you 700 more dmg for 25 meter which is the only one I was like "Ehh I guess that's worth it".

That one is actually really good to know, because it's not like you'll always hit 6D and open someone up with enough chain revolver attacks left to get yourself a midscreen combo. Raw d.6D d.5B can wallslam the likes of Tager because he's super fat, but for most characters I tend to use a d.5C to adjust height and get the second d.5B hit. Hitconfirming with a CT instead of Spring Raid RC sounds like a good plan.

off of 6D I prefer to go into D.6c personally, leads to more damage.
This combo I use pretty often and works on everyone is:
6d>D.6C>D.2d>(D.6a)>D.5b>236A>66~5B>5C>sj.5C>j.5d>D.2d>D.6b>22C>66~6c>6b>22b (3.5K/25H)
You can replace the bracketed D.6a with D.5c on some characters for about 200 more damage and 1 or 2 more heat.

As for a CT combo I have used: 5b(crouched opponent)>5c>3c>22C>66~5b>5c>sj.c>j.5d>CT>6C>6b>6D>D.5b>D.5c>D.5b>D.5c>236D (4.4K) with alot of success.

The d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C sequence, can you cancel the dash (66) into 6C or this is just a link with strict timing?  Could use tips if they exist.

It's not a dash, it's a dash cancel. Do 66 before 22C comes out and it's really easy. Like buffer 66 as soon as you input 22C. 22C66 as one motion.

anyone have any tips for timing 3C > 22C? the resulting dash cancel is easy, but the timing is strict and I cant seem to get it unless im just mashing 2C2C2C2C2C during the animation for 3C.

(new poster, hello people, and thanks Luna for your combo video, for the first time in the series I feel like im getting somewhere, and I have owned every iteration)

I 22[C] as they're falling, and it usually works.

Pretty much this, yeah. Take advantage of BB's input repeating mechanic and hold down the C so it gets repeated for a few frames. Of course you'll need to actually time it if you're not mashing, but it's way more stable that way once you get it down. If it can help, remember that Silencer can only be done if the opponent has been knocked down before in the combo, so in the case of 3C > 22C you can only do it after they touch the ground. Meaning that timing it and holding it as they're falling should nail it.

Seriously though the window is pretty small for no reason and I am IRL mad that they made Azrael's move that works the exact same way easier to execute.

First off, KOS-MOS is the best!  I would marry her!

Second, don't do the 22C until after you see the gunshot come out from the 3C.  You have to do the 22C after the active frames of 3C.  And be very deliberate about it.  Do a very clean 22C, and don't be mashy about it.  Mashing worked in every previous version, but it doesn't work in CP.

GreeniX, they don't HAVE to be on the ground to use Silencer.  They just need to be in "grounded" status.  So like I said earlier, do 22C AFTER the active frames on 3C.  They will be considered "grounded" on the 2nd active frame on 3C, even if they haven't touched the ground yet.

...We are saying the same thing here. Of course they don't have to be on the ground or any d.6B 22C combo wouldn't work. The point is the game needs to have registered they've been grounded, so you can't cancel 3C into Silencer as soon as you could cancel another attack into any other special. An example that's easier to compare is, say, doing a raw 6A 6C(1) 6B 22B compared to doing a combo ender 6B 22B when you've already "grounded" your opponent with jD or whatever. In the first case you actually need the opponent to get hit by 6B and get grounded before you can cancel into 22B. You're cancelling the later frames of your cancel window as opposed to combo ender 6B 22B where you can input 22B anytime.

Bottom line, timing is strict because it doesn't cancel the same as most moves. Practice it as you would try to hit a tight link instead of a cancel, so mashing isn't as effective as timing it.

I'm currently working on the next BnB video in the series, assuming everything goes correctly, I should be able to release it next week sometime.

Hi, i found this confirm yesterday, from the famous CH 5C > 214A
Has anyone mentionned this combo ?

Resource spending confirm in corner
[61% Heat minimum required][OD Required]
CH 5C > 214A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > sj.D > d.6B > 22C > 66C(1) > 6B > 6D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > J.OD Cancel > 236236D > 66(airdash) > 66(grounddash) > 632146D (7500k)

- At least 61% Heat required before the 1st hit to get 100% at the right moment
- Don't miss any hit from j.C or you won't be able to get 100% heat starting with 61% and damages will be a little be reduced.
- it's possible to finish with distant Fenrir. It's easier but deals less damages.
- about 63% HP is required to get enought Overdrive
- it's possible to finish with Fenrir without OD (if not long enought) but deals less damages.
- If no overdrive available, you still can jump distortion, but it's a lot harder to do. If i remember it has recovery, but is it still possible to do Fenrir from distance in that case ?

- if you miss your Jump Overdrive Cancel in a Ground Overdrive, do Fenrir instead

Disrespect resource spending :

- Safe taunt : 
Throw > 236236D Cancel >RC on 1st hit > taunt

- Triple throw fake combo

Throw > 236236D Cancel > RC (before last hist) > 66 (Airdash) > Air Throw > 5B > 5C > sj.C > Throw

I'm currently working on the next BnB video in the series, assuming everything goes correctly, I should be able to release it next week sometime.

this is incredibly exciting to me

BnBs are simply the combos you're going to be doing if you're playing to win.

Nothing done purely for fanciness, nothing done purely for difficulty, just your go-to combos that give you the best positioning, and the best damage you can get while still getting oki.

In a real match, is it possible to deal big damages by forcing reset + Oki in the combo with a same attack combo ?

I found a "combo" in 2 parts (with reset) which deal 7000 to 11000 depending on the heat gauge and when the overdrive is used (of course the starter is CH 5H, what else :D)

Corner
CH 5C > 214A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > sj.D > d.6B > 22C > 66C(1) > 6B > 6D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) >

follow : > 6B > 6D  here comes the same attack combo, oponent teck while in air > d.6B This reset combo > 236D > 6C(2) >
next follow need 100 Heat > j.C > j.D > dD > d.2D > d.6B > 623D > Rapid Cancel > Overdrive > Jump > Air Throw > 5B > Fenrir(OD) 

If reset works and if oponent doesn't throw reject, this deals 11K damages. (5700 + 5300)

I'm wondering if this move is possible or if any good player guard reset or throw reject.

so, i've been working on my combos, and for counter hit 5C/6C I was looking at the combo you listed

• PUNISH WITH THIS COMBO WHENEVER POSSIBLE!!! Counter Hit 5C(Standing)/6C(Crouching) > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > (d.6B) > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B (4.5k-5.2k) [This combo hits hard, if you know the punished move will put your opponent into a crouching state, use 6C, since Counter Hit 6C forces standing)

and I see you have it at 4.5k-5.2k

I havent actually done this combo, but instead I've been doing

CH 5C > 214A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B for 5.4k

or

CH 5C > 214A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 6D > 632146D for 6.4k

its a very small difference, but the damage is higher (at least than what you listed since I havent tried it myself) and the oki is the same

It's the change to 214A, I think? Those are numbers from 1.0.

Yeah I haven't updated the numbers yet.

our CH 5C > 214A combo now does about 5.6k midscreen, and 6k in the corner.

Midscreen:

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

Corner:

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 22

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 6D > Fenrir

In fact, once I finish my four video series, I'll probably make a new thread for 1.1, though the combo routes aren't different, I kinda wanna do it just for completeness sake.