LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

BBCP_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Ask questions about Noel here, remember, there's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Frequently Asked Questions:

I want to get better at BB/fighting games, so I thought id stick to a simple character and improve my basics.

Might be a stupid question, but is Noel a good beginner character for learning BB?

I want to get better at BB/fighting games, so I thought id stick to a simple character and improve my basics.

Might be a stupid question, but is Noel a good beginner character for learning BB?

Who is the easiest character to use ?

Dora: "Noel"

If you want a beginner character to learn BB overall though Ragna or Jin would be a better choice.

Thanks for the reply. Think i'll tryout Ranga, Jin and Noel and see who I like the most~

Could someone help me with some really basic things with Noel? I'm not very good at fighting games but my biggest problem feels like ignorance.

For example how do people usually move in with her? jC seems like a good move but it gets beat by lots of things. Her 3C seems good to but the only follow up I can find for it is 22B which isn't much of a combo. Also how do you get get out of pressure with her? I feel like I have to block forever and never get a chance to attack. Thanks in advance

1. moving in... well for starters, Noel is tied for the fastest run speed in the game. when using jump ins, be careful, because Noel has some of the worst air normals, but when used right, they can get you great damage, both midscreen and corner.

2. 3C can combo into 22C, which pops them up. dash cancel the 22C to combo into 5B into a full combo.

3. Noel was severely weakened as far as pressure escape tools. 4D beats all mid attacks, but it loses to lows and air attacks. instant block 5A at the right time is really effective though.

hey man don't feel bad, even veterans like me have similar issues. I'm fine with chamber shot and all that, but I still sometimes use CSE confirms that mess up my whole combo, which COULD HAVE BEEN 4K. it just takes time.

Glad to know I'm not alone in having troubles adjusting, I had a session last night and couldn't convert my hits correctly ^^; I just don't get why they couldn't make chamber shot on A instead of C, oh well guess I gotta play/hit the training room more till it starts to feel normal.

When it comes to pressuring your opponent, what is the best way to do it, and are there any "optimal" block strings yet?

the most optimal is a string ending with a close range 2C, since it's +1, but be careful, because people like to DP afterwards.

I see, so if im facing a character with a DP/fast super I should be careful after the 2C, and not just mash away.

Thanks for the reply~

Correct. It's also generally not a good idea to use 6A in a blockstring.

Most of the time you'll be confirming 6A as an anti-air and a relatively optimal way to confirm it is to 6A > IAD/5B. If the opponent gets hit by 6A non-CH, you can follow up with j.A > j.C > RB > j.2C, and it they get CH you can do an even stronger combo. If the opponent blocks 6A, you can cancel into 5B and continue pressure.

Anyone get challenge 30 yet? I think I have the formula but, I keep messing up and the end and gave up after 30 minutes. >_<

I have... j.4D (FC) > 6C > 2D > 5C > 6C > 214A > 5B > 5C > j.C > j.D > 2D > 6B > 22C > 66 > 6C© OD > 632146D > 632146D

Alrighty, I'll just post how I did her 30

j4D FC, (d5C, d6C) x2, 214A, 2B, 6C, 6B, 6D, d6C, d2D, d6B, 22C, 6C (2), jcOD, OD Fenrir x2

Rather than just link y'to the post I'll just out and quote it~

Correct. It's also generally not a good idea to use 6A in a blockstring.

Most of the time you'll be confirming 6A as an anti-air and a relatively optimal way to confirm it is to 6A > IAD/5B. If the opponent gets hit by 6A non-CH, you can follow up with j.A > j.C > RB > j.2C, and it they get CH you can do an even stronger combo. If the opponent blocks 6A, you can cancel into 5B and continue pressure.

I'm gonna disagree on a couple things:

1. if you use microdash 5B > 6A, it will never whiff on crouching. but honestly, even without it, I have never had it whiff.

2. the best confirm for AA 6A is sj.C/5B. you can get a full combo if you use the sj forward method, if I space the 6A and i think i will hit them at the absolute highest and farthest point of 6A's hitbox, I cancel into throw whiff, which on ch allows you to dash in after the throw whiff and use 5B > (5C >) sj.C etc, on normal hit your opponent can tech in the air though.

Regardless of 6A not whiffing, I just stated it doesn't have much use in a blockstring.

Using sj.C at a low AA height is good but I prefer using IAD because towards the max 6A range where your throw whiffs, allowing nothing on non-CH, doing an IAD allows a proper confirm from both CH and non-CH.

I'm relatively sure you can sj.A > j.C > j.D in that situation as well.

but yeah 6A is terrible for blockstrings, no disputing that.