LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

Use whatever works for you. TBH I think you guys are looking too hard into the wrong thing lol. Both are good in different regards. 4D>SR is almost certainly better during pressure and you could even react to hammer with SR or if no hammer d.2D or w/e. 6D could very well be better at beating Sledge B's in neutral but that's not something I've ever tried. If that shit is working for you guys everytime then def don't stop lol.

Anyway's here's one vid of me fighting Tager in ranked. I could tell he was pretty good but we were on a 1 bar connection so neither of us could quite do everything we wanted. It's basically just to see the general strategy and try to make Tager hate his life as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWGV7WZioKs&feature=youtu.be

I'm also rendering all the replays I saved throughout this month so I'll upload that and link it later when it's done.

When you post your own videos for critique, make sure you post them in the critique thread please.

Ya I was planning on posting the longer one from the month in there. Forgot to post this one in the MU thread also.

No, her BnBs are pretty much just straightforward stuff nowadays, no haida loops, no throw whiffs.

technically there are a few throw whiff juggle combos but its very impractical to be doing and is not worth it regardless. Just stick to her BnBs and keep it movin

So Noel combos aren't that difficult, but I'm having a tough time remembering what each drive move does in a combo. Will that get a better over time, or do I need to do a drill session in training mode?

There aren't that many Drive moves to account for.  You could grind it out in training, but forcing yourself to remember all at once won't be as useful as just letting it come naturally over time.

Getting to know them in training mode is definitely a good idea, but getting the hang of using them in real matches for their intended purpose takes experience.

Basically just keep playing, and whenever you fail during a drive string, for whatever reason, take note of it, and think of what you should do in that situation next time.

Would anybody be interested in a beginner's compilation thread/guide that details and streamlines the learning process for Noel?  I'm putting one together for personal reasons as I've just gotten into BlazBlue in general five days ago, and if it turns out well enough, I'd like to get a ton of help and experienced eyes on it to make it a sort of one-stop-shop on learning Noel from the ground up.

So Noel combos aren't that difficult, but I'm having a tough time remembering what each drive move does in a combo. Will that get a better over time, or do I need to do a drill session in training mode?

There aren't that many drive routes, really. j.D d.2D d.6B d.5C d.6B for re-sideswitch, j.D d.6B d.6C d.2D d.6B for mid screen, j.D d.4D d.2D d.6B for corners. And I guess whatever into d.6A d.5B for midscreen grounded drive confirms, I guess. 90% of random hits turns into a variant of those. And then there's just the drive mixup confirm routes, which are just as auto-pilot.

Would anybody be interested in a beginner's compilation thread/guide that details and streamlines the learning process for Noel?  I'm putting one together for personal reasons as I've just gotten into BlazBlue in general five days ago, and if it turns out well enough, I'd like to get a ton of help and experienced eyes on it to make it a sort of one-stop-shop on learning Noel from the ground up.

Make sure you have someone experienced review it first before you go live with it. I'll be happy to do that for you.

Ok guys, Ive been playing her for a few days now. I have some questions with some things that have been bothering me:

For starters how do I pressure? I know about stagger 5A and tick throws and the jump cancel off 5.B but thats about it. I dont know how to open people up. Dont know frame traps or even how to convert off them with her. The only thing I understand atm is making them block drive so I can begin high/low mixups. 

Also what are the optimal combos you guys are doing? I learned how to do alot of her stuff but I only see the same midscreen combo for the most part. Basically something that ends with a wall bounce and micro dash 5B. I dont know what it is >.> Makes me think I dont need too much outside of a standing combo and crouching depending on the starter. (im new to anime in general besides a bit of P4A)

"How do I pressure?"  That's a pretty broad question, dude.  Do you have any more specific points you're trying to address?  The short answer would be, "You keep hitting your opponent."  What exactly are you having trouble with?  Is it that you can't open them up for damage, or are you trying to hold them down to maintain momentum, or are you having problems with certain characters, or are you always getting hit with reversals, or what?

Also, what does being new to anime have to do with this?  Seems like an odd thing to throw out there...

"How do I pressure?"  That's a pretty broad question, dude.  Do you have any more specific points you're trying to address?  The short answer would be, "You keep hitting your opponent."  What exactly are you having trouble with?  Is it that you can't open them up for damage, or are you trying to hold them down to maintain momentum, or are you having problems with certain characters, or are you always getting hit with reversals, or what?

Also, what does being new to anime have to do with this?  Seems like an odd thing to throw out there...

Well i explained what I already know. which is mainly stagger pressure, tick throws and jump cancels.  I said I dont know how to open people up. Would like to know how to hold them down to maintain pressure too. 

Just letting you know im a beginner in general. Not just a Noel thing. 

Well, there's a few ways to open people up:

2B - Normal Low.  You can follow it with a C attack and finish with Chamber Shot for a short combo, or follow with 6A to float them into an air combo.

2C - Normal Low.  Chamber Shot is your only real option for a combo here, excepting a Rapid Cancel.

3C - Normal Low.  Very unsafe.  I'd only try this if you have 50 Heat for the Rapid Cancel on failure.

6B - Normal Overhead.  You follow it with 5D for a Drive combo.  I don't know if anything else can combo off it, but 5D is your best bet anyway, so I'd just stick to that.

Outside of these, you'll have to use Chain Revolver for mixup. 

d.6B - Drive Overhead

d.6D - Drive Low

If you're attempting a Drive mixup, once you succeed, you just need to finish the Drive combo.

For pressure, you can really just follow A - B - C - D style gatlings.  Noel is pretty simple that way.  You can just insert gaps in random places to alter your position or to reset your pressure to try to bait a reaction.  The stronger attacks have more recovery, so if you're better off using quick pokes, spaced out very slightly. 

I'm sure someone could write a book about ways to pressure and open up opponents.  You really should be prepared to play A LOT and lose A LOT and watch what everyone else is doing.  You'll learn more from personal experience then people preaching to you on the forum.  But still, don't be afraid to ask questions when they come up!

Oh, I forgot!

Muzzle Flitter is an "overhead".  Or rather, it's unblockable, so long as the opponent is standing.  It's a good way to start a combo on people who are always expecting 6B.

Ahhh ok, Thanks! Sometimes I feel like I over think and overwhelm myself. Ive been trying to watch more match videos but was surprised to see she doesnt have much. Is it ok to watch pre 1.1 patch videos?

Is there a go to video for Noel combos? I'm more of a visual, so any practical combos will help.

Due to Uniel coming out I've been slacking on my BnB series, but I still have the 1/4 video for Short Starters, so it's definitely a good first place to look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbbenDVQYI

I'm still working on the other videos guys, so don't worry lol.