Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

Depends on the situation. You're getting ~50% damage and knockdown, but you're sacrificing resources (doing another lvl3 directly from the BRP completely depletes your charge). So look at the other possibilities to see if you have something similar or better that uses less resources, or something with the same resources that gets you more. I'm betting you could probably AC FRC after the lvl 3 BRP and then dash to continue the combo into a full Dustloop into the corner, then finish it with a lvl2 BRP for a knockdown and another charge. That costs only 25% Tension, though you may sacrifice a little damage. Now if it's near the end of the round and you're feeling lazy, well, it's whatever.

it is good for avoiding bursts and ending rounds easily. use lv3 Savage Fang into loop if you just want big damage and waste tons of resources. or just go with 5S© or 5H, jc j.H, j.D, lv2 BR for an easy knockdown. or what TB said, too.

shrug.

I've been working on getting knockdowns off of anything I possibly can lately.

Fafnir dash 2S, 5H, sjIAD j.P, lv3 SV

if you add in a j.H or whatever after the j.P, you won't knock down anyone other than Pot iirc. you can even get a free AC into dust loop into lv2 BR in the corner. this stuff might have been obvious to some for a long time, but I just never made the connection with only having a single hit before the SV. I just always assumed that people weren't teching this on purpose or something.

that same "technique" works with getting extended combos with sjIAD into lv2 SV relaunches.

Fafnir dash 2S, 5H, sjIAD j.P, lv2 SV 5S© etc...

random air-to-air knockdowns.

j.P, j.K, lv2 SV AC FRC j.S, jc j.D, lv2 BR

timing on FRC into immediate j.S and j.S into j.D is really tough. I saw this in a vid ages ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwQ2t9IInNI), but I never thought it was really practical until now.

Eh... AC FRCing after lvl 3 BRP and trying to follow up is pretty tough. For some reason it "auto-drops" HJI combos. Seriously, the combo will brick mid air when trying to connect the slash. :psyduck: Next pair of random questions: How often do you dust? Do you oki with 2p->2s->2HS? (essentially, is that too telegraphed?)

imo order sol doesn't have to dust, its just an option to throw in randomly, like just a novelty once every few matches, 2H and jump cancelling with HOS is good enough to get your opponent fidgety enough 2HS is best used as the first hit on wake-up, it can combo without bar if you hit with the end of it, Condition someone to block with 6K on wake-up and you'll get free 2H's all the time. Also the longer a string the more peopel wanna stand, poke, or jump in which 2H can be a get out of jail free card for them. Its nice mid string though if you get people afraid of being thrown. 2H CH of course equals good times.

2H, 6K, meaty GB, GB crossups and the fuzzy are the best oki's IMO. But Hos's 5D comes out pretty fast so it's not a bad idea to toss it out from time to time, just don't do it a lot because it's at all safe. You can even do it mid blockstring if the other guy has poor reaction time (like me :psyduck:).

?? No meaty 2p in your oki? No J.s -> dj.HS -> j.d fuzy guard? No J.s -> 2K for fake-me-out fuzzy guard? I use thoes alot.

I use meaty 2K alot against May to stop jumpouts on wakeup. Fuzzy guard is good but very difficult to apply against some characters. Meaty 2P is good too once the opponent is conditioned to block.

I've been working on getting knockdowns off of anything I possibly can lately.

Fafnir dash 2S, 5H, sjIAD j.P, lv3 SV

if you add in a j.H or whatever after the j.P, you won't knock down anyone other than Pot iirc. you can even get a free AC into dust loop into lv2 BR in the corner. this stuff might have been obvious to some for a long time, but I just never made the connection with only having a single hit before the SV. I just always assumed that people weren't teching this on purpose or something.

I believe I saw Sanma do this first in some matches a long long time ago, pretty sure he did it once in a set vs KA2 but I don't think he was using the knockdown from it, he was going into DL afterward or at least trying to.

Will have to dig up the vid to see what he was actually doing again.

Of course I say I saw him do it first, what I mean is that he was the first player I saw doing it in an uploaded match lol

EDIT:

I tell a lie, he did use it for knockdown...he did the combo midscreen from a CH j.HS and did a small manual charge as he landed to get back up to Lv2. Definitely seen him use ut others time too, against a Slayer I think...

5S(close)? Get outa here? That works?

Sanm used to regularly set up DLs with 5S© after CH j.HS in midscreen but you need to get your dashing momentum/timing right.

Sanm used to regularly set up DLs with 5S© after CH j.HS in midscreen but you need to get your dashing momentum/timing right.

This is what I meant by "restrictive", though I suppose it wasn't the most correct term I could have used. The farther away you are, the harder it gets. You can do dash 5K-5S© and that makes it easier somewhat. This is why I tend to stick to simpler followups unless I already have my opponent in or near the corner.

Hum... :wtf:

This is werid because I usually can only get off 5k -> 5s© -> j.S -> j.H -> -> j.D they fly too far away to combo anything else.

At least I think its 5s©...

Dangit I wish I had a tv to try this stuff out on..

Edit: Wups forgot the air dust.

you need to omit either j.S or j.H before starting your dust loop. either that or just go with 5K, 5S, 5H, hjc j.S, j.H, j.D also as an fyi, Ky/Robo sometimes hate being picked up by a lone 5Sc. so you usually need to 5K, 5S those two.

This is what I meant by "restrictive", though I suppose it wasn't the most correct term I could have used. The farther away you are, the harder it gets. You can do dash 5K-5S© and that makes it easier somewhat. This is why I tend to stick to simpler followups unless I already have my opponent in or near the corner.

Yeah, I should have also said that sometimes you may even need a dash j.HS in between your reps to keep the distance right into the corner...you also need the right timing on the 5S© correctly to pop them into the air at the correct height. So yeah spacing and timing for this stuff I find extremely difficult to do consistently.

I'm sure everyone remembers those vids of Sanma playing that Venom where he was killing the guy with like 2 combos tho? Where he'd get CH j.HS at the start of a round and do 2 1/2 DL reps :)

Me personally I stick to the basic stuff midscreen, either hj.IAD combos or if I'm feeling particularly lazy/having a bad day with inputs, just usual 5K, 5S©, 5HS into hj combo.

:wtf: He fafnired after L2 Rocket Punch.. >_> hum..

Me personally I stick to the basic stuff midscreen, either hj.IAD combos or if I'm feeling particularly lazy/having a bad day with inputs, just usual 5K, 5S©, 5HS into hj combo.

So what would you call that if it was your constant way of life not due to lazyness? :(

Next random question: When would you use 6P over 5HS for AA; and the reverse: 5HS as opposed to 6P?

um well i would usually always op to use 5H or GB over 6P in terms of AA because 6P is too damn slow to get the job done i use 6P for dp bait/funny blockstrings/projectile killing instead usually 6P may be used as a AA if you really know someone is doing some stupid predictable AD string or something 5H is too good to not us as a AA infact i use it for techtraps, and stuffing pokes as well and it seems pretty effective