Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Guide & Discussion (WIP - Latest Update: 2/26/2014 - 2C/6C/3C fully staffless corner combos added)

Good idea and I suppose not unreasonable. Since using move names is pretty much standard with her, and is what some of us are used to from previous titles, I don't see why we can't help you new guys out with that.

A general "learn Litchi from scratch" topic is a fairly big job to start up. From what I've seen she's not really someone you're just going to pick up and learn with guidance from a couple of paragraphs. While it's never a bad thing to have a topic like this, I don't think it's completely necessary.

I was mainly suggesting something like editing the first post in this thread, the one with the introduction and explanation of general notations

j. Jump

sj. Super Jump

jc. Jump Cancel

sjc. Super Jump Cancel

dj. Double Jump

and so on. Just editing this post so that the commonly used names for moves are listed below it next to their standard notation (236A, etc).

It's not exactly combo based but it's probably the most relevant thread that already exists.

Edit: I see the updated first post. Looks awesome!

I hope I didn't seem like I was being too picky or needy =\

Anyone got anything for combos starting while already in OD? Our reversal OD is good enough to warrant figuring it out, I think. Anyway best I've got so far, for midscreen:

(6A, 5B) > 6B > 5C5D > TK Hatsu > delay 6D > All Green > 3D > Kanchan[max] > Haku Hatsu Chun > 3D > All Terminals [6k with 5B starter, 5.3k with 6A starter]

at sufficiently low health/long enough OD duration remaining. Up to All Green works even at full health OD duration, so you can follow up with 5B 4B ItsuuA etc. The TK Hatsu is necessary so that the last rekkas don't trigger SMP. The first 5D is necessary to place the staff so that the delay 6D later will hit, giving you enough time to All Green. Meterless all I've been able to find is: stuff > Haku Hatsu Chun > 3D > [6A 3C 3D]xN

Can I recommend that you put something equivalent to a translation for move names on the first page?

As somebody new to Litchi (about 2 days in), words like Haku, Hatsu, Chun, Itsuu, Riichi, Kote, Tsubame, Ippatsu, and Kanchan mean nothing to me.

Out of all of the above, Tsubame is the only one mentioned by that name in the wiki. I've been able to pick up on what most of these are because I know some basic combo strings and I know that 4D > 41236D~A > 5D > 236A > 236B> 236C > 6C works for example but people without this experience are kind of screwed.

The only documentation for any of this that I could find was here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?5791-CT-What-s-a-Litchi. A 4 and a half year old post relating to CT which means if you didn't play Litchi (and visit DL) back in CT or you didn't spend a bunch of time looking at old thread then you're coming into this completely blind.

My ranting aside, I understand that these terms are just common language for even semi-experienced Litchi players but I'm just suggesting something like:

"Haku: 236A

Hatsu: 236B

Chun: 236C

Tsubame: 623D

..."

So brand new people can look through these combos without also having to look for a translation in a different thread.

This topic helped me out a lot. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7896-CS1-Litchi-Fresh-Meat-buns-Thread-%28Guide-and-Combo-Discussion%29 I doubt her moves changed since CS1

Extend to CP Corner 5B starter:

5B[m] > 2C[m] > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 5B > 4B > j.B j.B j.C > 5D > falling j.c > land dash 6A > chinroutou.

~4400 damage

Because I haven't studied what other players are doing it because I'm dumb/lazy, I went ahead and figured out dash-in 2B/5B, 4B confirms off of midscreen forward [m] throws and made a list of who each one works on:

Dash 2B, 4B only: Carl, Makoto, Platinum, Rachel,

Dash 5B, 4B only: Arakune, Azreal, Haku-men, Kagura, Mu-12, Tsubaki

Both: Amane, Bullet, Hazama, Izayaoi, Jin, Ragna, Litchi , Noel, Nu-13, Relius, Tager, Terumi, Valkenhayn

Jerks (Neither works): Bang, Taokaka

The combo I'm using after is: Dash 2B/5B, 4B, Itsuu~A, (dash-in) 6Kote, Haku, Hatsu, RiichiA, IppatsuD, (dash under) 6C(2), [4kote, oki] or [Chinroutou for 4k+]

But this is probably not even optimal, and the 2B/4B confirm takes some learning. If anyone has better midscreen f.throw [m] combos, post them instead.

From the JP BBS I found out about another corner mixup. It uses wrong-direction staff recall to vacuum opponents out of the corner, like the old 4D ender stuff we could do in Extend.

stuff > Haku Chun Hatsu > RiichiA > Chankan (onstaff~D) > dash under 66D > Kanchan[max]

The dash under 66D has to be executed as a running staff recall in order for the staff to pull the opponent out. The full-charged Kanchan can cross the opponent up since they've been vacuumed out leading to super high damage, even putting the opponent back into the corner with the following:

Kanchan[max] > dash Haku > staff2 > dash 4B[m] > ItsuuA > 6kote > 5C > Hatsu > RiichiA > Chankan > 5D > j.7Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > 6C > Tsubame [4.2k]

Unfortunately we have to do the slightly harder dash stuff at the beginning instead of the easier Haku > staff2 > easy dash 5B[m] > 4B or the combo takes too long and the opponent instant-techs after the last hit of Tsubame.

Because I haven't studied what other players are doing it because I'm dumb/lazy, I went ahead and figured out dash-in 2B/5B, 4B confirms off of midscreen forward [m] throws and made a list of who each one works on:

Dash 2B, 4B only: Carl, Makoto, Platinum, Rachel,

Dash 5B, 4B only: Arakune, Azreal, Haku-men, Kagura, Mu-12, Tsubaki

Both: Amane, Bullet, Hazama, Izayaoi, Jin, Ragna, Litchi , Noel, Nu-13, Relius, Tager, Terumi, Valkenhayn

Jerks (Neither works): Bang, Taokaka

The combo I'm using after is: Dash 2B/5B, 4B, Itsuu~A, (dash-in) 6Kote, Haku, Hatsu, RiichiA, IppatsuD, (dash under) 6C(2), [4kote, oki] or [Chinroutou for 4k+]

But this is probably not even optimal, and the 2B/4B confirm takes some learning. If anyone has better midscreen f.throw [m] combos, post them instead.

I remember people playing around with dash 6b [m] IAD j.B j.A 5B 4B combos but I feel like the damage might be inferior...I'll do some testing when I can but I've seen them around in various matches and combo vids and stuff.

this combo

5B > 2C > 6D(2) > 5D > 6C(2) > 5B/2B > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 5D > 3C > Staff 2 > Kanchan > 6D(1) > Tsubame (4323/4252 DMG/30 HG)

Delay Hatsu a slight bit to assure the 5D launch hit.

5B OTG: Arakune, Azrael, Carl, Hakumen, Hazama, Jin, Makoto, Noel, Rachel, Ragna, Relius, Tager, Taokaka, Terumi, Valkenhayn

2B OTG: Amane, Bang, Izayoi, Litchi, Mu-12, Nu-13, Platinum, Tsubaki

is just so damn hard I can't tell where my mistake is, I tried delaying the hatsu but I'm just not sure how much/long, in the end 5d almost never connects, but when it connects, the 3c whiffs D:

the 2nd 5d is like a very hard "link" and I think the link window is just super tight, 3c shouldn't be hard but somehow I kept whiffing so often in this combo.

*I can get this combo right like 1 in 20-30 attempts

and btw, I used 2b for every character, 5b sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't so I went fer the easy mode :v

is there any other meterless 4k+ corner combo? I think I saw one from exonestar's video... but haven't really checked it again... orz

Can someone do me a favor and record the itsuuC and itsuuB starters and midscreen staff hold and release combos in slow motion? I'm not getting anywhere with these today unless I can see them.

or if there's videos link me.

is just so damn hard I can't tell where my mistake is, I tried delaying the hatsu but I'm just not sure how much/long, in the end 5d almost never connects, but when it connects, the 3c whiffs D:

the 2nd 5d is like a very hard "link" and I think the link window is just super tight, 3c shouldn't be hard but somehow I kept whiffing so often in this combo.

*I can get this combo right like 1 in 20-30 attempts

In order for Haku Hatsu Chun > 5D to work, you want the opponent to be as high in the air as possible, particularly relative to Litchi, when Chun connects. This lets you recover early enough during the opponent's ground bounce that the 5D will hit them before they tech. For the 2B OTG characters, the only way to do this really is to delay Hatsu so that it connects when the opponent is at the apex of their knockback arc after Haku. The visual cue you're looking for is when the opponent switches from their upward knockback animation to their downward knockback animation: you want Hatsu to connect as close to this swapover point as possible. For the 5B OTG characters it's easier, as 5B 6D wallsticks the opponent higher than 2B 6D. If you just do Haku as fast as possible afterward, then they'll be high enough that 5D works, no Hatsu delay necessary. I'm testing it now, but I think the 2B version with delay Hatsu may work on everyone.

Okay testing is done, 2B version with delay Hatsu works on the entire cast. 5B version does not appear to work on Carl, contrary to the post, and also does not work on Kagura or Kokonoe.

As for the next 3C, you may have to delay it slightly so the opponent falls into it, much like the 5B 2C 6D 5D 3C > etc. combo.

Other meterless 4k combos: I probably stole this one from this thread but since you asked, here:

5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Haku Chun Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Chankan > dash under 5D > 3C > Kanchan (staff2 in here somewhere) > 6D(1) > Tsubame > 6C

Does slightly over 4k, damage varies by up to like 20 based on the last part.

what is ]D[ supposed to mean in this combo?:

3C[m] CH > Itsuu C > 5[D] > dash j.B > dj.B > dj.C > ]D[ > Air Hatsu > Chun > 5B[m] > 4B[m] > Itsuu A > 4 Kote > 3C > Staff 1 > 6C(2) > Tsubame

[3.8K]

When you seee [x] and ]x[ this means to hold and release a button. So

[D] = holding the staff

]D[ = release the staff

Can someone do me a favor and record the itsuuC and itsuuB starters and midscreen staff hold and release combos in slow motion? I'm not getting anywhere with these today unless I can see them.

or if there's videos link me.

There's a good number of basic combo CMV's for BBCP Litchi. You really need someone to link you one ?

http://youtu.be/GAZLzTSeCdA?t=1m27s (Already time stamped)

There's one... If you need anymore.

Please type "BBCP Litchi combos" in Youtube. there's like 15 Decent CMV's for you to watch in slow-mo and download

You don't know the inputs to litchi's moves on a simple Itsuu Combo and you've been playing for how long?

So there's no way this is that hard.....

What do you need to know - the timing of when to Let go of the D Hold or what? The positioning of where the itsuu combo will start and end on the stage ?

Guys lets not go over board with this.

@Star: I assume you have something that can slow down videos once you download them and you can see it that way, if not here is the timing.

for ittsu c j.b j.c you hold it until you ht them with j.c and they are about to hit the ground. once you see that you let go and the staff will plop them back up. if you do j.b dj.b j.c, by the time they are about to hit the ground the staff would have been held for the maximum amount of time you can hold it for and automatically flying off, continuing the combo. you'll have plenty of time to land and dash 5b/6b j.b j.c (staff 2) etc etc.

for ittsu b: you hold it for a small period of time depending on how close you are to the corner. imo the best way is to release after haku then delay hatsu and chun a bit, giving the staff time to fly back so it hits and you dash 6c(2)/ 5b 4b[m]

@Both star and EXstar: Watch how you guys post things, we are all grown ups here and don't need to sling things that sound like attitude.

Nah Dw lol me and stardemon are buds - As long as he never quits playing BB O,o like he promised me on his stream during Extend O,o.

Anyways back to the combo discussion - Star-demon what exactly do you wish to know the timing of - i'll be happy to help - you can also inbox me if you wish bro

in the corner

FC Ittsu c kote hatsu 63214a tanki hatsu 4b 63214a d (dash under) 5d kanchan 6d(1) tsubaine:

xx 6c(2)

xx 6c(2) all terminal

xx 6c(1) kokoshi, all terminal (can go into OD version as well)

i think there could be more added to this but this is what i have so far. probably better versions of corner FC ittsu c combos but i'm experimenting with using 63214a > x to see how long i can keep it going and damage out put for each.

in the corner

FC Ittsu c kote hatsu 63214a tanki hatsu 4b 63214a d (dash under) 5d kanchan 6d(1) tsubaine:

xx 6c(2)

xx 6c(2) all terminal

xx 6c(1) kokoshi, all terminal (can go into OD version as well)

i think there could be more added to this but this is what i have so far. probably better versions of corner FC ittsu c combos but i'm experimenting with using 63214a > x to see how long i can keep it going and damage out put for each.

xx6c(2) 3196, 22 Meter

xx6c(2) 3C Chinroutou, 4386