Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Guide & Discussion (WIP - Latest Update: 2/26/2014 - 2C/6C/3C fully staffless corner combos added)

I've been playing around a bit more with the vacuum staff recall thing in the corner. Rather than 66D like I originally used, microdash 2D works as well, which is basically just strictly better. Potential mixup routes here, all of them put the opponent back into the corner:

662[D] > Chankan[max] ]D[ > 2366A > 664B[m] > ItsuuA > 6kote > 5C > Hatsu > RiichiA > Tanki Hatsu > 5D > TK Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > 6C > Tsubame [4.1k]

662[D] > IAD ]D[ j.B > j.Hatsu j.Chun > staff2 > dash under 2A > 5B[m] > 4B > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [2.8k]

662[D] > IAD ]D[ j.B > OD (70%+ health) > j.Hatsu j.Chun > 3D > Kanchan[max] > 664B[m] > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [3.5k]

You can throw in Chinroutou in the usual places if you want a super ender instead. You can also just not do a crossup here and wait for the staff to return. If you can keep the opponent in pressure and make the staff contact them on its return it will still vacuum them. So if you're sufficiently close:

staff2 (blocked) > IAD j.2D > 5B > 3C > 2D > Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > dash under 2A > 5B[m] > 4B[m] > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [2.8k]

Hit 7.5K once. Now I can't duplicate it. Here is the combo:

6D(1)(CH)>CT>664D>236B>Staff.A>2~OD>j.236DB~236C+3D>6C(1)+6D~(2)+3D>6A>4D>66(Towards Corner)~236A~236C~3D>6A~6D>6428C>632146C

Gives about 7.5K but requires you to start in the corner and bring the opponent midscreen.

Requires 125 heat so the extra staff hits are necessary.

a more practical combo:

Staff set at corner (ex, after 6D)

5C>236A~236C~j236B>63214A>staff.A~421D>j.D>j.665C>]j.D2[>665B>6B>41236D~A>421D>3C>]D[>3C>421C>6D(1)>623D

4001 damage meterless.

In order for Haku Hatsu Chun > 5D to work, you want the opponent to be as high in the air as possible, particularly relative to Litchi, when Chun connects. This lets you recover early enough during the opponent's ground bounce that the 5D will hit them before they tech. For the 2B OTG characters, the only way to do this really is to delay Hatsu so that it connects when the opponent is at the apex of their knockback arc after Haku. The visual cue you're looking for is when the opponent switches from their upward knockback animation to their downward knockback animation: you want Hatsu to connect as close to this swapover point as possible. For the 5B OTG characters it's easier, as 5B 6D wallsticks the opponent higher than 2B 6D. If you just do Haku as fast as possible afterward, then they'll be high enough that 5D works, no Hatsu delay necessary. I'm testing it now, but I think the 2B version with delay Hatsu may work on everyone.

Okay testing is done, 2B version with delay Hatsu works on the entire cast. 5B version does not appear to work on Carl, contrary to the post, and also does not work on Kagura or Kokonoe.

As for the next 3C, you may have to delay it slightly so the opponent falls into it, much like the 5B 2C 6D 5D 3C > etc. combo.

Other meterless 4k combos: I probably stole this one from this thread but since you asked, here:

5B[m] > 2C > 6D > Haku Chun Hatsu > RiichiA > Ippatsu > Chankan > dash under 5D > 3C > Kanchan (staff2 in here somewhere) > 6D(1) > Tsubame > 6C

Does slightly over 4k, damage varies by up to like 20 based on the last part.

ok, I tried and tried and I think i'm gonna giveup that combo, the one u suggested is easier. thx

4D > 5[D] > Haku > Hatsu > 5]D[ > Chun > 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > 4kote > 3C > 5D > 3C > Kanchan > 6D(1) > Tsubame > 6C

Higher damage, 6C knockdown.

CH 6c[m] dash 2b[m] 4b[m] ittsu a dash OD haku chun 3d hatsu chun 3d kanchan 6c(2) (overdrive ends) all terminal

5025 damage, works midscreen to corner too (where the battle starts) this is full heath OD andfor certain characters you need the dashes.

if you don't want to end with super then going into

xxx>kanchan 6c(2) (overdrive ends) 3c[m] tsubaine and that does 4507 damage

Edit: finished doing it again, let it be noted that you don't need a counter it (but the CH makes the dash 2b[m] > 4b{m] easer todo)

in the corner

FC Ittsu c kote hatsu 63214a tanki hatsu 4b 63214a d (dash under) 5d kanchan 6d(1) tsubaine:

xx 6c(2)

xx 6c(2) all terminal

xx 6c(1) kokoshi, all terminal (can go into OD version as well)

i think there could be more added to this but this is what i have so far. probably better versions of corner FC ittsu c combos but i'm experimenting with using 63214a > x to see how long i can keep it going and damage out put for each.

I decided to play with this some today since I have no FC combos. Added a little more to it

Opponent in corner;

(FC) Itsuu~C, 4 Kote, TK Hatsu, 63214B, Hatsu, 63214A~B, 4B, 63214A~D, dash under, 5D, 3C, Kanchan [Ender]

Here's my notes on various enders:

4B, 6D(1), Tsubami, 6C [3488; 25 Meter] [super does NOT work (techs right away out of 6C(2)]

4B, Itsuu~A, 6C [3378; 24 Meter] [super does NOT work]

4B, Itsuu~A, 4Kote, 3C [3335; 23 meter] [super 4455]

6D(1), Tsubami, 6C, 3C [3470; 24 Meter] [super does NOT work]

6D(1), Tsubami, 6C [3435; 24 Meter] [super 4555]

4B ender is a little more timing intensive. "So why would want to do it, dummy? It's less damage and harder! Go marry your waifu!" you may say.

Jokes on you, I don't have one. :v:

Anyway, the 4B Itsuu~A 4Kote Ender puts the staff a MAGNIFICENT spot behind you for Oki, catching people who try to roll through you after the super.

I've only done this on Noel so I can't say if there's any character specifics yet. Also, in the main combo, you can change 4B and Hatsu just fine if you feel more comfortable one way or the other, but Hatsu seems to be more consistent as you're slightly out of the corner for the 4B after 63214B.

I decided to play with this some today since I have no FC combos. Added a little more to it

Opponent in corner;

(FC) Itsuu~C, 4 Kote, TK Hatsu, 63214B, Hatsu, 63214A~B, 4B, 63214A~D, dash under, 5D, 3C, Kanchan [Ender]

Here's my notes on various enders:

4B, 6D(1), Tsubami, 6C [3488; 25 Meter] [super does NOT work (techs right away out of 6C(2)]

4B, Itsuu~A, 6C [3378; 24 Meter] [super does NOT work]

4B, Itsuu~A, 4Kote, 3C [3335; 23 meter] [super 4455]

6D(1), Tsubami, 6C, 3C [3470; 24 Meter] [super does NOT work]

6D(1), Tsubami, 6C [3435; 24 Meter] [super 4555]

4B ender is a little more timing intensive. "So why would want to do it, dummy? It's less damage and harder! Go marry your waifu!" you may say.

Jokes on you, I don't have one. :v:

Anyway, the 4B Itsuu~A 4Kote Ender puts the staff a MAGNIFICENT spot behind you for Oki, catching people who try to roll through you after the super.

I've only done this on Noel so I can't say if there's any character specifics yet. Also, in the main combo, you can change 4B and Hatsu just fine if you feel more comfortable one way or the other, but Hatsu seems to be more consistent as you're slightly out of the corner for the 4B after 63214B.

Oooooo :D good find ^_^

CH 6c[m] dash 2b[m] 4b[m] ittsu a dash OD haku chun 3d hatsu chun 3d kanchan 6c(2) (overdrive ends) all terminal

5025 damage, works midscreen to corner too (where the battle starts) this is full heath OD andfor certain characters you need the dashes.

if you don't want to end with super then going into

xxx>kanchan 6c(2) (overdrive ends) 3c[m] tsubaine and that does 4507 damage

Edit: finished doing it again, let it be noted that you don't need a counter it (but the CH makes the dash 2b[m] > 4b{m] easer todo)

I find more damage in doing

(CH) 6C [m], dash 2B, 4B, Itsuu~A, OD, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, 3D, 6C, 3D, 6A, Super (5470/5474). But I wasn't sure if you were starting with an amount of meter that allowed this (this requires you start with at least 23 meter).

Oooooo :D good find ^_^

Thanks! :)

I find more damage in doing

(CH) 6C [m], dash 2B, 4B, Itsuu~A, OD, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, 3D, 6C, 3D, 6A, Super (5470/5474). But I wasn't sure if you were starting with an amount of meter that allowed this (this requires you start with at least 23 meter).

Thanks! :)

I knew about the haku hatsu chun one, just wanted to do something different that used more rekkas. seems less is more xD good shit again. and you're welcome.

CH 6C[m] > ItsuuB > Shinshin > [Kanchan] > Dash 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > OD > 3D > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 3D > 6C(2) > 3D > 6A > 3D > Chinroutou (6705 DMG/36 HG/50 HS)

CH 6C[m] > ItsuuB > 5[D] > Haku > Hatsu > ]D[ > Chun > Staff 2 > 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > OD > 3D > Kanchan > 6C(2) > 3D > 6A > 3C > 3D > 6A > Chinroutou (6538 DMG/38 HG/50 HS)

Uri seriously, make a combo video, like seriously o.o these are friggin hype (not to mention look practical if you get the right hit in)

What Eevee said o_o. Those are awesome and if you were to make a combo video I'm sure there'd be more of these. Really nice and this has also given me some ideas on OD combos

I'd third the notion of a Urichinan combo video. I'm always trying to be too practical to be creative with my combos.

I've been playing around a bit more with the vacuum staff recall thing in the corner. Rather than 66D like I originally used, microdash 2D works as well, which is basically just strictly better. Potential mixup routes here, all of them put the opponent back into the corner:

662[D] > Chankan[max] ]D[ > 2366A > 664B[m] > ItsuuA > 6kote > 5C > Hatsu > RiichiA > Tanki Hatsu > 5D > TK Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > 6C > Tsubame [4.1k]

662[D] > IAD ]D[ j.B > j.Hatsu j.Chun > staff2 > dash under 2A > 5B[m] > 4B > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [2.8k]

662[D] > IAD ]D[ j.B > OD (70%+ health) > j.Hatsu j.Chun > 3D > Kanchan[max] > 664B[m] > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [3.5k]

You can throw in Chinroutou in the usual places if you want a super ender instead. You can also just not do a crossup here and wait for the staff to return. If you can keep the opponent in pressure and make the staff contact them on its return it will still vacuum them. So if you're sufficiently close:

staff2 (blocked) > IAD j.2D > 5B > 3C > 2D > Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > dash under 2A > 5B[m] > 4B[m] > ItsuuA > 4kote > 663C > 2D > 66C > staff2 > Tsubame [2.8k]

So I've messed around with the first combo here and I've realized on Kagura (I have to rehook up my PS3 at my current place of stay to make sure it was him) the dash 236A does NOT work. BUT all the same you can dash in 5B, Staff 2, dash in 5B[m], 4B and go from there for the rest of the combo. It also gives the (IMO) easier confirm of Haku, Hatsu to Riichi A

(I've realized in all my posts I've been typing "Riichi A" as "Ippatsu A" :vbang:)

Also LOL <3 E3VE3's sig

I'm not sure why you're missing the 2366A, I've confirmed that it works on the entire cast, Kagura included. There -are- a couple character-specific caveats though.

Against characters with small air hurtboxes, the last Hatsu > Chun > staff2 etc. part may not work depending on how you do the Hatsu. I do it with j.7 as low to the ground as possible, and it's tight or whiffs against Bullet and Noel, but using j.8 works fine.

Against Tager, the beginning setup doesn't work unless you do an Ippatsu first; otherwise Chankan doesn't put you behind them. Additionally, the dash 4B[m] is tight, but possible. You can do 5B first to make it easier. He instant techs the last hit of Tsubame but he's Tager, what can he do about it when you're half a screen away?

Against Amane and Izayoi, 5C doesn't OTG. Use 2B instead.

Also I found an improvement to one of the combos. Instead of IAD j.B j.Hatsu etc., which is super unsafe if blocked, you can do:

IAD j.B > 5B > 5C > Haku > staff2 > dash 5B[m] > 4B > ItsuuA > 6kote > 5C > Hatsu > RiichiA > Tanki Hatsu > 5D > TK Hatsu > Chun > staff2 > 6C(1) > Tsubame [3.1k]

The opponent instant-techs the last hit of Tsubame if you let the second of hit 6C go, and I can't get Haku > staff2 > dash 4B[m] to reach.

Oooh nice! Thanks for the added information! I only got to practice a limited amount of time before our ranbat so I only took the time to learn the 236A starter. Only landed it once during the ranbat where he bursted out of it.

dansgame.png

And I'm sorry, I was totally not clear. I can hit the 236A part fine, but the staff doesn't come back in time for me to get a Staff 2 hit. But you're saying it works on everyone, so I'm probably just not doing it late enough. Albeit, the 5B alternative worked fine so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll have some time today to mess around with it again. I wanna have the IAD j.B version down pat also. A little less full committal than Kanchan.

I still can't pull off that 7K combo corner to midscreen that I did before, How do you space OD all green for a midscreen double distortion ender?

So I needed routes off 6D RC. Here's what I ended up putting into my notes. All these done on Relius this time, so there may be character specifics:

Raw 6D

- 6D(2), RC, Itsuu~C, j.B, dj.B, dj.C, Hatsu, Chun, Haku, dash in 5b, 4b, Itsuu~A…

+If 50 meter remaining and OD route: OD, 3CD, 6C, 3CD, Super [6.2k]

+If not: 4kote, 3C, 5D, 6C [4.4k]

The timing at the end seems finicky for 3C; 3C, Staff 2; Staff 2, Tsubami etc. 6C is the only consistency I can get for whatever reason.

2A starters

- 2A, 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, Itsuu~B, 5D, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, Staff 2, 6C, (can stop here or Tsubami, which they insta-tech out on the last hit) [6C: 3.1k] [Tsubami: 3.6k] [super: 4.2k]

- 2A, 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, 4B, Itsuu~A, 4Kote, 3C, 5D, 6C, 3C [3k; Super 4.1k]

Only good thing I can find from Itsuu~C is a side switch

- 2A, 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, Itsuu~C, microdash j9.B, dj.B, dj.C, Hatsu, Chun [2.9k; staff should land in a good oki position]

EDIT: I'll add this one, despite the difficulty/reward ratio being poor

2A, 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, 4B, Itsuu~A, slight delay 5D (just enough so it doesn't hit the opponent when it flies), delayed Haku, delayed Hatsu, delayed Chun, staff 2, dash in 6C, Ender [Tsubami: 3.4k; Opponent will tech on first hit so you WILL be hilariously unsafe. I do not suggest doing this.] [super 4.3k]

The dash in 6C needs to be done as if you were going to combo from it without staff; the staff 2 will push just far enough to get you your hits.

5B starter

- 5B, 5C(2), 6D (2), RC, Itsuu~B, 6kote, Haku, Hatsu, 63214A~B, 5D, TK Hatsu, Chun, Staff 2, 6C, Ender [Tsubami: 4.6k] [super: 5.2k]

- 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, Itsuu~B, 6kote, Haku, Hatsu, 63214A~A~C, 4B, Chun, (this will cross under; tight timing), 5B, 6C, 3C [super 5.5k]

^-I did this many times leading towards the corner, tried it once out of corner, so it definitely works, but I can’t do again. I may be tired, but use this at your own risk of dropping

- 5B, 5C(2), 6D(2), RC, 4B, Itsuu~A, 6kote, Haku, Hatsu, 63214A~B, 5D, TK Hatsu, Chun, Staff 2, 6C, Ender [Tsubami: 4.6k] [3C, Super: 5.4k]

[3C Tsubami: 4.8k] is possible, but opponent techs in midair before the last hits of Tsubami, and you know what they say about people who come off the staff too early. :v:

If you all know more about 6D(2) RC paths (probably do), please post 'em~

^-I did this many times leading towards the corner, tried it once out of corner, so it definitely works, but I can’t do again. I may be tired, but use this at your own risk of dropping

Challenge accepted

Also Something that still works from ex. FC 6a[m] 5b[m] (5c[m]) 6d(2) 5b xx

5c isn't needed but it's something you can use, better safe than sorry right.

Also CH 6d(1) CT = damage like a mofo.

While it's unlikely you could get these in a real match, it's good to know jic you catch someone mashing in hit stun and get that counter hit you need.

With combos that have the opponent the tech right after the second hit of 6c(2) you can cancle the first hit into 63214a/b or 4winds to catch them on reset or put them in oki. It works about 87.2% of the time. With 63214a hold done and staff launch, if they are mashing, free counter hit (unless it's DP then you're fucked) or go into 63214a~d. That'll learn them to tech early xD.

Also CH 6d(1) CT = damage like a mofo.

Thats litchi's Fatal imo lol - when I hit that - i get so hyped up for the wall carry + damage lol I don't feel it as much from Itsuu C / 6A (well 6A isn't that bad but 6D is just sexy man)