Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael vs. Nu Match-up Discussion

Discussion about the Nu match-up goes here.

First post may be edited as important information arises. If any information seems wrong please feel free to correct it, hopefully with actual proof / examples. Anyone is free to post info as long as it is constructive and helps with the discussion of the match-up.

• Will post info later.

From jp Azrael wiki / jbbs

629 :名無しさん:2013/02/15(金) 15:24:42 ID:DpLgTvG60 CPから始めてアズラエル使ってるんですけどν-13がきついです。

友達はバリガ張りながらHJすればいいよって言ってるんですけど他にこれをしておけ!みたいなのはありますか?

630 :名無しさん:2013/02/15(金) 16:11:52 ID:7SRJf7.o0 ODBHSぶっぱ

631 :名無しさん:2013/02/15(金) 16:47:40 ID:KoBkLoZA0 基本は初心者スレ漁ってね。

アズラエルが出来ることとして、スパイクやチェイサーはグロウラーで出来るだけ取る。

D技はOD暗転時に発生するくらいならBHS確定だから、なんか見えたらODって選択肢はアリ。

キャノンやBHS持ってるだけで強みになるから、その辺狙って地上歩きメインで立ち回るといいのでは?

632 :名無しさん:2013/02/15(金) 18:32:09 ID:ku.j8m4I0 6d牽制読んで前ステグスタフ。

触った後こっち有利だったらニューはよくバクステ擦るからグスタフ。

グスタフ通常ガード確認グスタフとか割りと通る。

Need a proper translation.

Notable Matches:

[09/25/13] Yoshiki (NU) vs. Shuushi (AZ) = http://youtu.be/Yi_LhtmMhr4?t=3m48s

[09/07/13] Nu vs. Shiroma = http://youtu.be/AuyPLvD3240?t=6m56s

Dogura (AZ) vs. Nu

Dogura (AZ) vs. Nu

Anybody has idea how to deal with -v-13 better?

my friend is played Nu and I can't really get use to it, playing against Nu demands high blocking skill, so except blocking, any one has some kind of combo of espcially good normals against?

You can Growler certain projectiles in order to scare the Nu from tossing swords at you, or actually punish her for doing so. Other than that it's really a question of patience and smart movements.

Don't forget that 236A covers a ton of space pretty quickly. If they give you any sort of opening for it, that's always a possibility.

Can you Growler swords on reaction or does it have to be a yomi growler?

It's...complicated. The short version is that for the most part, it has to be a yomi Growler unless your reaction times are godlike.

The long version is that due to Growler's INV frames during the startup, the sword will just go pass you. After those frames are over, the autoguard against projectiles(and thus, absorbing them) frames start. A projectile whiffing on you is bad, because it can either result in the Nu player running up to you and CHing you\starting pressure, or taking distance and blowing up any progress you did in getting close.

However, certain projectiles can be Growler-ed on reaction since they're slow\have ass startup. As far the basic swords go though, it's gonna be terrible to do it on reaction.

I got to play against a great Nu player yesterday, things I noticed:

-From fullscreen distance, forward-dash-jump-cancel can be abused to gain Phalanx stocks. When they see you do it, you block their 6D and on the ground you can pretty much Growler all of her swords to follow (typical pressure goes x number Ds + 236D).

-High-jump 2D isn't good, most of the time I tried this (after knockdowns, whiffed swords) I just ate a CH aerial combo.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me for any noobish mistakes, but i have a match up question. 

I verse my friend who's a really good Nu13 player and IMO she's one of the best Anti-Azrael characters out there. Anyways I was wondering if you guys know some really good techniques to use on her/ tips i should know/ what are things that i can use to punish Nu13 with Az./ General play style when versing Nu13. Any help will do.

Here are things that I do know when fighting her.
-Stock up on P.Cannon, use it to get in/ P.Cannon-> BHS if she's about to die.
-G.buster->Rapid->3C-22C-> Combo (Good mix up and combo but it can get punished badly if blocked or expect it.)

That's pretty much all i know. I know G.bsuter is good to get in but with the constant projectiles, and back dashing, it's easily stopped. Maybe I'm using it at wrong times? Any help will do !   

Right, well, I have experience dealing with zoners from the perspective of a gimped character (Hakumen).

The main thing, just like any zoner, you have to do is play patiently. It can feel like a losing battle when she's just hammering you from all sides with swords and buzzsaws but, just be wary of the pretty obvious overhead from fullscreen (6D?) and you'll be okay. Basically the key thing to do vs a Nu is to advance slowly but carefully. Jump/block a few times, dash forwards sometimes to shake them up. And when they guess wrong, all it takes is one dash and and a Gustav to get in her face.

Eating swords with growler is basically what Lucalibur says up above, it's odd. Most of the time, your growler absorbs will have to be from reads. Don't just get growler happy, but that's a common rule altogether. However, there is one special she does as a pressure reset that is free phalanx stock. I believe it's 236D, whenever she crouches down to throw up swords from the ground in a wave, you can eat that one for free.

Make use of forward dash cancel, if you didn't know you could do that already. This match-up is tough, but there really isn't much to it other than be smart about getting in, and once you're there, do everything in your power to stay there.

One thing to look out for on her wakeup is her reversal super (the BIG sword), but she can only do it in Luna form (where she has the halo on her head). It's startup is 10+1, so it's easy to safejump, but if you were doing something when you see the superflash, you're gonna get hit. Oh and it's an overhead, so block high if you bait it, and punish with 5C or whatever, since it's -27.

I think that's her only wakeup reversal. If she doesn't have the halo, you're free to meaty.

One of Nu's common zoning tools is her j.2D, the air sword that goes downward.  If you are within a certain distance and she tries to do it you can duck it, and it has a very long period of recovery and even counterhit state.  The easiest thing to hit her with is gustaf but she is probably in the air and you don't get anything off the counterhit.  If you are in 5C range you can 5C fatal > 6C > 5A > stuff for good damage

I have not had a chance to play this matchup since I found this in training mode so i'm not 100% sure how often this chance comes up, but at the very least it's something to keep in mind.