Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Story Discussion [fun tentatively allowed again]

Blazblue and Guilty Gear at least attempt to make their cast important, most other fighters just kinda have them show up just because....

I would of much rather have had Ragna be the one who killed Hazama. I mean seriously, they built up their hatred for each other so much, just for Haku to be the one who killed him.

You must not play many fighting games.

Implying other fighters attempt any semblance of story telling, oh wait... MK9 #kappa

Blazblue and Guilty Gear at least attempt to make their cast important, most other fighters just kinda have them show up just because....

True, it's still just saddening that there are so many that sit on their thumb for large portions of it, and even more so now in CP what with the more focused direction.

I would of much rather have had Ragna be the one who killed Hazama. I mean seriously, they built up their hatred for each other so much, just for Haku to be the one who killed him.

Hakumen arguably hated Terumi as much as Ragna did, so either one killing him would have been appropriate.

Besides, we all know Jin is gonna be Ragna's final enemy....supposedly.

As much as I wanted Rachel to off him (which she can't anyways due to her observer status), PACMAN HAAXMAN Hakumen is the only one in the cast to do so.

I mean he has the power to kill GODS. Not to mention he's not at his full power pre-CP. Ragna couldn't do it because he was using the fake BlazBlue Terumi made for him and Ragna's hatred for Terumi made him stronger. Hakumen just had the bigger plot killer. It doesn't hurt that Hakumen has a bigger history with Terumi.

The Imperator is actually an immortal being called Izanami, basically death incarnate, and it's possessing Saya. It's goal is to reduce everything to nothing.

We have anymore things on Izanami? Or is this all the game gives us?

cant wait to hear wat happened nu when ragna was fighting her knowing are luck she died again lol

Nu fused with Takemikazuchi.

Meanwhile Carl is doing nothing important as always.

He joined forces with Relius in a sort of alliance of convenience.

Nu fused with Takemikazuchi.

She'll be back.

The flying fuck!?

Reasons why I never cared about Carl's horrible story line since CT

JUST FIX ADA! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!!!!?!?!

Something about needing his dad in order to be able to save Ada. I think it's pretty stupid too.

This is beyond stupidity, its outright retardation:

"Dad, I hate you for turning my sister into this weapon, but I'm going to team up with you to save her"

Relius made a deal with Carl in the latter's Arcade ending, If I remember the translation correctly: If Carl helps him, he'll fix Ada back to the way she was. Guess he took it.

Still, THE FUCK!?

Relius made a deal with Carl in the latter's Arcade ending, If I remember the translation correctly: If Carl helps him, he'll fix Ada back to the way she was. Guess he took it.

Still, THE FUCK!?

His parenting methods actually work, what a surprise lol.

He's no longer father of the year, he's Father of the entire decade.

Traumatized his son, neglected the fuck out of him, and Carl still trusts him. Holy shit.

Allies of convenience?

Yep, still getting hit by my Warpstorm table. At least they ain't battle brothers. Would have been better being desperate allies though.

So Relius was right. He IS like him when he was younger.

If anybody has the game and is going through story mode, could they take a picture of the final screen? Amaterasu's emblem was present in the final screen of CS but was only visible if you messed with the colors (example), and I think it was the same with Mu's in CT. Final screen might reveal the emblem for the next game.

Carl joining forces with Relius doesn't really surprise me. He ultimately loves Ada more than he hates his father and is willing to bargain with him if there's even a slim chance of restoring Ada.

Clearly each story still has multiple paths, but characters do not have their own individual stories anymore. I still think that is a massive downgrade, but hey, we work with what we have. I like Azrael's scumbag shoulder pat, though lol.

Well, it's essentially a function of the time loop / continuum shift being over, right?

That's one of the coolest things about BlazBlue to me. There was an actual explanation for why everything was technically part of canon.

Ragna's BlazBlue is an imitation, Terumi's BlazBlue was the real BlazBlue and now there's the TRUE BlazBlue. BlazBlue, y u do dis?

Honestly, the different BlazBlue stuff doesn't translate into English very well, because in Japanese they really play around with fact that the Japanese language doesn't always have a clear distinction between between blue and green. IIRC, the Japanese doesn't necessarily refer to them as being fake or real, it just uses different kanji.

If I were to localize them myself, I might have called them the Azure Grimoire, the Cyan Grimoire, and the Sapphire Codex, but probably all pronounced "BlazBlue" in spoken dialogue.

And I do think it's noting that this true BlazBlue being mentioned is seemingly being rendered with the kanji 蒼炎, "Blue Blaze," and that it can be rendered in Japanese as the name "Safaia" (Sapphire), which is itself basically a pun, like "sa-fire."

I wouldn't phrase it like that. It's not like Carl joins forces with Relius in exchange for Relius helping Ada. Relius beats the hell out of Carl and then basically uses Ada to blackmail him into cooperation. It's this whole Darth Vader / Luke sort of exchange where Relius is trying to coax Carl into abandoning his ideals and turn against the people he's come to care about in exchange for getting what he's always wanted.