Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Speculations/Theories [rules updated 10/14]

Ragna doesn't really seem to care about Terumi anymore. During his new intro with Hazama he even says "I have nothing to say to you." He's more interested in Saya now that she has revealed herself at last.

Overall, he seems to have cooled down quite a bit since CS.

He did get to beat the living shit out of him in the True Ending of CS. Its safe to say he's gotten his therapy.

You guys listen to Ragna's battle quotes against Hazama? He's still pretty pissed from what I can tell.

Me too, I mean I doubt he put everything behind him because he beat him up 1 time.

Yea, before CP, Ragna is all "TERUMI YOU BASTARD RAWR", but now he seems more like "I'm so sick of dealing with your shit".

Gee, I wonder how you guys are gonna feel about how the modification Kokonoe did to Ragna's Idea Engine to allow him use of the Azure Grimoire in Celica's presence is called the "Celica Canceller".

Gee, I wonder how you guys are gonna feel about how the modification Kokonoe did to Ragna's Idea Engine to allow him use of the Azure Grimoire in Celica's presences is called the "Celica Canceller".

I mean like... can we just... go back to fighting games not having a plot...

It's not it wasn't already foreshadowed in Carl's arcade mode ending already. It is pretty damn silly, but you guys are blowing things out of proportion.

Gee, I wonder how you guys are gonna feel about how the modification Kokonoe did to Ragna's Idea Engine to allow him use of the Azure Grimoire in Celica's presence is called the "Celica Canceller".

This at least makes some bit of sense; Ragna can't exactly do shit if his powers are being cancelled out.

:I: It's not really that bad come on guys.

Its still pretty stupid tho.

For crying out loud...

How about we NOT loose our shit and go ballistic until after we see it? Let's be frank. What we're getting here is a written extended synopsis. We know next to zero about any of the details that caused the decisions being made by the various characters. Sure, Carl ever doing anything for his dad seems outrageous. However, if the reasoning and story is told well, it's not improbable. Until then, let's try not to jump on the "this story sucks!" bandwagon, k? I remember when people were flipping out over some of the events being told to us about Continuum Shift. They lost their minds, threw up their hands and cried how much the story sucked, then when the game came out suddenly it all made total sense and was the best thing ever. Just play it cool for now. Once the game comes out, we'll have plenty of other opportunities to rip it a new asshole if indeed it needs one. :rolleyes:

>>Carl's only reason for existing is Nirvana

>>>Get upset that his love is stronger than his hate

>>One of your allies turns you into a less attractive, less awesome Baiken

>>>Get upset that a clause is created to make you complete

I dunno guys, seems like natural progression. CP seems like it will cause :vbang: once all the BS surrounding how character will return pops up, since ya know, if they're selectable they HAVE to have a story...

Do you know if there was an explanation over how she did this? Did Kokonoe make it so that Ragna doesn't need seithr at all to use the Azure Grimoire, or was Celica's seithr nullification working by shutting down the Azure Grimoire (since its physical form is made out o fseithr) and Kokonoe got around that?

For crying out loud...

How about we NOT loose our shit and go ballistic until after we see it? Let's be frank. What we're getting here is a written extended synopsis. We know next to zero about any of the details that caused the decisions being made by the various characters. Sure, Carl ever doing anything for his dad seems outrageous. However, if the reasoning and story is told well, it's not improbable. Until then, let's try not to jump on the "this story sucks!" bandwagon, k? I remember when people were flipping out over some of the events being told to us about Continuum Shift. They lost their minds, threw up their hands and cried how much the story sucked, then when the game came out suddenly it all made total sense and was the best thing ever. Just play it cool for now. Once the game comes out, we'll have plenty of other opportunities to rip it a new asshole if indeed it needs one. :rolleyes:

Never said it was bad, just really fucking stupid. A stupid story isn't a bad one.

Uuuuuuuh...

Oh everyone loved it and you know it. Sure there was some dumb shit. But people freaked out over things that later, after the game's release, we all calmed down from and realized it wasn't as bad as we thought.

Never said it was bad, just really fucking stupid. A stupid story isn't a bad one.

And just as you have no way of telling if it is bad, you have no way of telling if it is stupid yet either. I mean, sure it's done some stupid shit in the past. Blazblue is not perfect by any stretch. I couldn't stand Noel for the longest time. But you can't judge if Carl's decision at this point in Chrono Phantasma is stupid. Not off that little sentence with no explanation. He may very well be a situation where he has next to no choice. Or whatever. I'm willing to wait and save my judgment until AFTER I see it. Perhaps you should do the same?