Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bluewindz

AC Jam Strategy/Play Style Discussion

True, but baiting only works depending on who you fight.There's a way to go about every thing, and Jam's so character specific it ain't funny.XPLike you can't bait Potemkin the same way, you'd bait Millia.Or you have to switch the speed of your wall combos for certain characters. I found a use for the 623K..Charged..;) But hey.Depends on your playstyle.Some like counter-hits, others like rushing people down until they're dead.Some like constantly faking you out,into scoring a FB PB.

I really want to know who all is reading this, cuz dam lol. No I haven't updated.. because super busy, hopefully will add sections here and there. But... I want to start another topic in the mean time. What do people use their tension for? Does it change depending on who you are fighting or which character or against what play style?

1. FBPB 2. random butt-saving RCs & DAA 3. choujin stuff 3. when I have plenty or I need a desperate comeback, FB charge KK. 4. If I need to kill, 236236HS to extend corner loop or Orange (632146HS)

1.Forcebreak 2.RC 2k in air 3.choujin ( having a difficult time FRCing it though, what's the timing?) 4.FRCing 2d if I don't have a charge

imo the same timming as her 2d :eng101:

I disagree, 2d's frc timing is faster than choujin. Choujin, you have more time, 2d's frc timing is so tight that you sometimes risk bursting.

btw, working on some sections :) Until I have to go to work. I'd like to get started on a section for counter hits as well since counter hitting adds some extra untechable time, you would then be able to combo with other moves that you wouldn't otherwise be able to normally.

What I would do ideally after I get the list of most popular counterhits, is compile the counter hits and max damage combos and secondary combos that are easier or requires minimal tension.

Also ideally, I'd like to work on character specific combos for certain counter hits, because doesn't anyone ever encounter a situation where you just counterhit them out of the air, but it's Baiken!! What the hell combo do you follow up with? and you misses an opportunity and she techs out....and comes back to kick your ass. So something like that.

Also I'd like to start a counter hit list for each character, or a punishment list, things that Jam can punish and list it all in one nice section for easy reference. From there, there can be discussion on what used to punish what. :)

Just some ideas. I got a tourney this weekend, all matches will be recorded, hopefully I don't scrub out because I have zero time to practice LOL. But from that, I could maybe add a video critique section on what should have happened when or where type analysis.

All hopeful ideas, but whatever, maybe people will like those ideas, maybe people don't care or what not. But I ask for the Jam community to get involved in developing Jam's full potential because I think there is a bit more to her than what Japan's best are currently doing. Not much more, but maybe a tad bit more. Since I can't read Japanese...it's shits for me.

:sad:

That was a joke in case you couldn't tell. Contribute if you can, but don't waste a post with a sad face in the strategy section. It just takes up space. That's what other threads and PM is for. Since you are a mod, I'm sure you understand :). I encourage you to contribute a lot since you play Jam as well as Axl. The community will greatly benefit from your contribution.

@Blue windz: dunno, i've never shoot out burst on 2d frc while using jam, but oftenly throwing out IK activation when trying to frc RK 5HS... and that's the only move in the character that i know risking wrong command

You 2 playing on pad? Else I don't get how to do burst or activate IK on a stick.:v: Seriously, FRCing 2D is as FRCing 5HS of Robo, you have to do it fast,almost cancelling HS into K-S-HS (on a stick). Still, this FRC is quite easy, really not something you have to be scared about. If you are too late, you RC it, and if you miss the timing completely, you j.c the 2D and can go into some improvised mixup (j.2K to land behind them, air backdash into gekirin, double jump for j.HS...). P.S.:about freestyling with Jam - she's fast and always moving around, each char has different weight, has a different hitbox... so there are times where you simply can't pull out the B&B combo and you have to judge in an instant what would connect. And this is where you must improvise, or if you like it, go freestyle. If you do it right, you look awesome & flashy and a hell of a player. But IMO this is just a part of Jam's game. You understand it - you can be good, you don't - go play with Sol or Slayer (no offense :lol: I just treat them as easy to learn chars). Some chars simply don't have to improvise/freestyle because they don't give a damn on how they hit the opponent, they just combo anyway (because of sheer move range or because some moves bring them close anyway).

The timing for frcing the 2D depends on how you do it. If its set to one button, tap the FRC button immediately after the 2D. If you use 3 buttons to FRC(Like me) then it may be a bit more difficult. Depending on how you do it, if you use for rush downs(Like me) then its most easy to do after 5S,far or close. My uses for tension varies. 1.Random RC combo/Saving my ass from being open after moves when blocked, and DAA 2.Random ball of doom. 3.FB Puffball in wall combos. 4.FB charge for special kicks. 5.236P FRC, and for JI game,helps with rushdown,and Dash cross-up. 6.236236HS FRC for good fucking damage. Thats what I use my tension for:keke: . Anywayz, yeah, they won't all work the same way, as each must be altered for different characters,and the person you'r playing's style.

@Blue windz: dunno, i've never shoot out burst on 2d frc while using jam, but oftenly throwing out IK activation when trying to frc RK 5HS... and that's the only move in the character that i know risking wrong command

I do it on a stick, so I press dust and immediately pressing three other buttons, the speed is like..you have to let go of dust and as you let go of dust, you press 3 buttons, but it's at a speed where if you don't let go of dust in time, burst comes out.

I used to play on pad, but my pads wore out too fast and it was just a money sink. Also wore out my fingers too with pad. I found it easier to control the IAD with the stick and had an easier time executing commands like 2d, 236SK, 236K. The timing for 236SK, it's hard with your thumb. Having two fingers makes it easier. I finally switched to using stick after realizing that the commands inputted through the stick is much faster than using the pad. Jam is a quick character that requires quick inputs. Burst cancel is a good example. But the timing, the 2d frc is definitely faster in my opinion.

I will continue to update this thread on a day to day basis. Looking at the views, I ask, who the hell keeps jacking up the view counter? If you haven't posted but are viewing, send me a personal message. In development is the zero frame high risk low reward setup/attack pattern. I might just send PM that to people instead of posting it, but all the other stuff, I will continue to update. Topic starter: How do you approach Dizzy? Get through all those projectiles?

Topic starter: How do you approach Dizzy? Get through all those projectiles?

hmmm

fish < bakushu(236s) < imperial Ray/ice spike

fish < bakushu < bubbles < fbpb

imperial Ray=high jump forward < Dizzy Air Throw/Scythe

there's 1 second delay after a fish summon for Dizzy to be able summoning another fish. i believe that's Jam best chance to rush her. but Dizzy still has few option to deal with your ground rush down

air pike/bubbles/scythe < fbpb < 2d/overdrives(max distance only)/Ice Spike

bubbles < iad juggle/Ryuujin < f.s < ad.Gekirin < Imperial Ray

Very insightful and a good start.

An experienced veteran would wait until they knock you down or get far enough from you to summon at least two things or setup a fish offensive. The fish is the most dangerous thing out there before knockdown oki setup.

So you would be facing:

1. fish (laser, bite) / fish (laser, laser), with air spike and IAD

2. fish (laser, bite) / fish (laser, laser), with IAD

The problem is that the fish acts like a shield for Dizzy. There is a delay before the fish fires and a delay after the first shot transitioning to the second shot. During this, Dizzy can rush you down because of the fish protection or summon another item, most likely air spike.

You can:

1. Try to get in before the fish fires off the first shot.

2. Try to get in after the first shot from the fish.

3. Block.

If you went for #1. If you think you can make it before the fish fires, you can either run past the fish, or try to destroy it with P/2P, or even try for 6P if Dizzy is close for the 2nd hit to hit Dizzy. If you can't make it, just parry or IB and continue forward with a 5P if you are next to the fish.

If you went for #2, you can do 236S to get in, run past the fish, or destroy the fish.

If you went for #3, Dizzy has the advantage until you block her full summon cycle. Most good Dizzy players will attack before their summon cycle ends.

Why wouldn't you post it? :v:

I recently started playing Jam a little bit, and I enjoy reading this thread occasionally.

Why not post it? Why don't you post more? Well I don't know who is reading this forum, but I am guessing a lot, but I am getting sick of listening to myself talk so I am taking a break. Sharing information and having discussions is good. So contribute and don't be a bitch like some people that just take and give nothing back fearing that doing so may make them weaker. In the big picture, the US is nothing compared to the level in Asia. One thing about Jam that you guys don't have to worry about is that Jam isn't a "one-trick pony". Jam is player dependent. If you want to make an analogy, CPU speed is a good one, Sol requires 500 Mhz while Jam requires 1 Ghz. Fast thinking and ability to read the flow of the game, plan and analyze your opponent.

If you want to know if your CPU is up to speed, set the computer's block to random. Then see how consistently can you max damage combo off of random hits. To be honest, some people just cannot play Jam because they just do not have the brain processing speed or potential. Or to be more accurate, Jam isn't a good fit. You need to use parry.

As for the setup, If someone posts the setup, I will provide a thorough analysis. Speaking of which...I need to work on the analysis section. :gonk: Or of the many sections still left unfinished. yawn*

just adding a few of dizzy option

1. Try to get in before the fish fires off the first shot.

<k_fish = 2p ... there's still a good chance for Dizzy to score ch if u try to poke out her fish

<k_fish = block < Tick Throw

2. Try to get in after the first shot from the fish.

have never face this kind of situation as Dizzy player or it's nearly impossible to rush her after the 1st laser shot? there's loads of crap in the way after 1st shoot :/

3. Block.

<tick throw<6hs :yaaay:

err yeah most of good Dizzy player can crack your defense before their summon cycle end, i believe most of the times using tick throw setup and pressure reset... get use to it, FAST!

oki laser/anything fish - parry the 1st laser, you can 2P or 5P the fish (if it is in range). If the fish is backed up by spike, you can sj out before spike hits (Dizzy is too far away to lock you down). Parry nullifies fish oki. Keep that in mind. Parry into sj will get you out of 80% mixups.

Why not post it? Why don't you post more? Well I don't know who is reading this forum, but I am guessing a lot, but I am getting sick of listening to myself talk so I am taking a break. Sharing information and having discussions is good. So contribute and don't be a bitch like some people that just take and give nothing back fearing that doing so may make them weaker. In the big picture, the US is nothing compared to the level in Asia. One thing about Jam that you guys don't have to worry about is that Jam isn't a "one-trick pony". Jam is player dependent. If you want to make an analogy, CPU speed is a good one, Sol requires 500 Mhz while Jam requires 1 Ghz. Fast thinking and ability to read the flow of the game, plan and analyze your opponent.

If you want to know if your CPU is up to speed, set the computer's block to random. Then see how consistently can you max damage combo off of random hits. To be honest, some people just cannot play Jam because they just do not have the brain processing speed or potential. Or to be more accurate, Jam isn't a good fit. You need to use parry.

Well, I can't hit max damage on random hits a lot of times, so my speed is pretty slow, but, I still play Jam because, it feels natural for me playing her, as opposed to other characters, and I practice with her constantly. And I would post more strategies/tactics, but, I don't have a lot of experience of playing different people with different characters, so I can only post about the few experiences I have.

Well, I can't hit max damage on random hits a lot of times, so my speed is pretty slow, but, I still play Jam because, it feels natural for me playing her, as opposed to other characters, and I practice with her constantly. And I would post more strategies/tactics, but, I don't have a lot of experience of playing different people with different characters, so I can only post about the few experiences I have.

I guess I should clarify, for example, start with a "what if" and say "what if, I start buffering parry into every single attack I do? or where can I buffer parry? what if? where etc etc. What if my favorite game mechanic is jump install? How can I integrate as much jump install into jam as possible?"

That's what I mean. You don't need to have world class experience to contribute, because everyone can make a contribution no matter how big or small. Your question or curiosity may spark the next big idea. That spark could ignite something, that something could change how Jam is played in the competitive field....And all that started from a small curiosity, a small pebble. A small pebble thrown into the pound would cause a ripple effect.