Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion

>>No C-tier

>>Bullet not in C-tier

Is this the reality of fantasy!?

Also if B is as low as the grade goes that means all the characters are considered relative strong, so that's good [for the time being]

Makoto is as low as the grade gets apparently. For everyone else, the dream is alive.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, so does that mean that Izayoi is actually considered good now? It looks like the struggle was worth it.  :yaaay:

It's too bad that Makoto got left behind though. Maybe she might catch up later after people have spent more time practicing with her.

Ehhhhh.....even if Makoto is B tier, as long as there is no S+/God/InstantWin Tier, you have a legit shot at beating anyone. The game is looking like one of the most balanced iterations yet with this patch.

Maybe one day though....we will have a BB with only one tier T_T

Izayoi A tier? Nope, lies.

Watching some matches, i can't believe i doubted it all.  It's like i was watching Valk.  Sub-par defense and makes up for it with her pressure and mobility.  

Watching some matches, i can't believe i doubted it all.  It's like i was watching Valk.  Sub-par defense and makes up for it with her pressure and mobility.  

Shes still the poor boys Valkenhayn. Her pressure still isn't as bullshit/unseeable/unreactable/unmashable///// as his

But, she's a lot better

So I sped read over the arcadia article on the BBCP 1.1 tier list, and I thought that people might like to know that Carl gets mentioned directly after Kokonoe, Litchi, and Azrael as a character with promising prospects.

I assume this means Carl is the top of A tier on their list, or even a potential S tier character, but that may be too large an assumption I'm making.

Either way, just thought people might want to know.

For anyone saying "hey, Makoto's still B tier so she's viable and the whole game is well balanced," think about this.

From what I recall, the previous tier list had Makoto listed as C tier with Izayoi, Amane and Bullet. Essentially, Izayoi, Amane and Bullet all got buffed, while every Makoto player (and hopefully most non-players) will all agree she got nerfed. This tier is now has her a B tier, one tier higher than before even after getting nerfed. It's decently likely she is only listed as B tier so they don't have to actually skip a tier and leave Makoto two full tiers below the remainder of the cast whether or not she is or isn't regarded as truly that much worse.

Either way...I need someone to hold me.

It's still too early to write off any of the characters.  Remember when Carl was universally declared the absolute worst character in CT?  Then somebody discovered the clap loop, and suddenly that little dude was chilling on the top floor of Tier Tower.  All the Rachels and Nus and Arakunes would look up to their new master and beg for forgiveness -- beg for mercy.  And Carl would look down and whisper "No."

Pretty sure bringing up CT in balance discussions is legally forbidden in some countries.

I wouldn't hope that the game is ever going to have just one tier, unless tier list makers get very lazy. The roster is way too varied to be on the same power level: even if all the cast is viable, some characters are going to have slightly more advantageous match-ups, even if it's 5.5:4.5. The reasons behind tier divisions are going to be much smaller, but they're going to be there.

I swear i hate the .5 stuff in matchup charts. Even a 5/5 matchup wont be perfectly balanced considering all factors. Just make a damn decision already whether it's 5 or 6. It makes even less sense when the matchup is further unbalanced. What's the difference between 7 and 7.5?

Pretty sure bringing up CT in balance discussions is legally forbidden in some countries.

I wouldn't hope that the game is ever going to have just one tier, unless tier list makers get very lazy. The roster is way too varied to be on the same power level: even if all the cast is viable, some characters are going to have slightly more advantageous match-ups, even if it's 5.5:4.5. The reasons behind tier divisions are going to be much smaller, but they're going to be there.

Having only one tier is the goal of patching and rebalancing. Of course in a game like BlazBlue there will always be tough or unfair match ups but through patching the developers are trying make these differences too small to justify different tiers.

Or that's what we hope they're doing. Since CT is fresh on Steam it's morally ok to talk about it once in a while *wink*

I swear i hate the .5 stuff in matchup charts. Even a 5/5 matchup wont be perfectly balanced considering all factors. Just make a damn decision already whether it's 5 or 6. It makes even less sense when the matchup is further unbalanced. What's the difference between 7 and 7.5?

When the person making the tier list thinks it's not quite a 5/5 matchup, but not quite a 4/6 matchup either. It's a shorthand way of saying "It could be either of these or inbetween", so I'm not seeing a problem here.

It doesn't help that Carl won that team tournament.  This gonna get chaotic.

The same tournament had Team Tager tie for third place though...

(Gotta admit, I'd love to see how Team Carl went 7-2 against Team Mu-12, considering that's considered to be one of his worst matchups! Does anyone know if recorded videos of the event exist?)

Having only one tier is the goal of patching and rebalancing. Of course in a game like BlazBlue there will always be tough or unfair match ups but through patching the developers are trying make these differences too small to justify different tiers.

Before we go chasing that dream, I'd like to remind everybody that competitive rock-paper-scissors players (yes, that is a real thing) have been known to rank the different hands in terms of their strength and engage in fairly intense arguments about it.  People will always make tier lists because arranging things from strongest to weakest appeals to our basic human desire for order and organization.

I think a more pragmatic goal is to have as little distance as possible between the top and bottom tiers.  Match-ups don't need to be dead even as long as there's a realistic possibility (key word being realistic here -- theory fighter matches don't count for shit when there's cash on the table or in the machine) of any character being able to beat any other character regardless of where they're ranked on the tier list.

When you have a fighter where the entire cast is viable at a competitive level, that's the sign of a well-balanced game, tier lists be damned.

When you have a fighter where the entire cast is viable at a competitive level, that's the sign of a well-balanced game, tier lists be damned.

Unless the cast is 100% shotos [insert laugh track]

The same tournament had Team Tager tie for third place though...

(Gotta admit, I'd love to see how Team Carl went 7-2 against Team Mu-12, considering that's considered to be one of his worst matchups! Does anyone know if recorded videos of the event exist?)

Since it's all being hosted at Acho it should show up on their tourney channel on youtube: A-cho Battle Movie