Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion

Something about tagers J2C the guy forgot to add in his summary i posted earlier. i hope its not a nerf.

書き忘れてたの。
J2C……判定弱く。前はテイガーの下半分ほど攻撃に攻撃判定あったけど、今度からは肘と上半身の表面だけしか判定ない。例えば6C>J2Cが最速でスカる。ディレイ必要

あと全部の磁力付与時間減少

the time on his link is off a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MfZBjNpI0&t=1m3s

J2C = Hit box smaller, 6C>J2C will miss because the hit box is smaller. Need to use a wee bit of delay, also Magnetism time decreased for all attacks.

https://twitter.com/Skye_pls/status/497769374711701505
I think Souji just said that Arakune's 6d is jump cancelable, he even has a combo for it

Someone with better Japanese please confirm.

Arakune's 6D is now Jump cancelable, 5C>JA>JC>A Dive>Dive Cancel>6D>delay J3D connected.

It really depends on how clear the source is but it's so much easier to translate when you actually know the character.

we'll be ok.

and no one is going anywhere. at this point, the only reason most of us stay is because of character love. how many times must this loketest cycle be repeated? I suppose as long as they keep their loketests public...

I always wondered why everyone blames Mori when he is not the battle plan director.

Yes, he is the producer and you could say the father of BB, but he is not the one in charge of doing those balance changes.

I noticed that this has become a common behavior, with people blaming Ono in the case of SF/MVC3, Boon for MK/Injutice and Mori for BB/P4A which is hillarious

What the fuck are they doing to Hazama

Something that had to be done years ago, his chains needed to be nerfed years ago.

Mori apparently doesn't even know what the fuck is going on with the loketest. the interview had him saying they would rather balance everyone upwards since it is more fun or something.  then the other guy was like, aiming to focus on character individuality more than 'balance' right now.

Clearly, everyone has been toned down. A LOT.

Mori apparently doesn't even know what the fuck is going on with the loketest. the interview had him saying they would rather balance everyone upwards since it is more fun or something.  then the other guy was like, aiming to focus on character individuality more than 'balance' right now.

Clearly, everyone has been toned down. A LOT.

Well to be fair we don't know that at all since most of the changes are either ambiguous or still secret.

I mean, like Tsubaki's 2CC that floats higher now. Is that a nerf or a buff, by taking account of all the other changes the character has? We have no idea.

Well to be fair we don't know that at all since most of the changes are either ambiguous or still secret.

I mean, like Tsubaki's 2CC that floats higher now. Is that a nerf or a buff, by taking account of all the other changes the character has? We have no idea.

It's insanely obvious that characters have been on the whole tweaked downward. Relative placement after all the nerfs is a completely different story. Ambiguous or secret........zzzzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, this reminds me of the cs2 balance shift and people complaining about Ragna Bang and Litchi not being top tier/ very good any more when they all ended being much more fun to actually use in cs2 despite that.

Obviously people will notice not being able to do what you used to be able to do but that doesn't mean there's not tons of yet undiscovered and potentially awesome stuff. Not even taking the fact of this just being loktest dai ichi or whatever, you still shouldn't freak out over mouth account of day 1 tech found over a few hours of trying stuff out.

there's S tiers in every game. EX->CP was a good example of damage being toned down a lot for really most characters.

I think the general route taken could make the game a lot better.

Part of what they seem to have wanted to do was to make characters more unique..  they mostly seem to have done this by removing things characters can do.

combo time on F starters has been nerfed universally

As long as they don't cripple Mu, I'm fine with what's going on.

But they did... if only for now. ^_^"

Seeing drastic changes makes me think that we are going to get a completely new game, lol. But I really want just a patch and DLC characters.

Seeing drastic changes makes me think that we are going to get a completely new game, lol. But I really want just a patch and DLC characters.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I mean, with such drastic changes that we're hearing about, it wouldn't be so farfetched to think that they'll do a physical and digital release/patch of CP2. However, if they do a physical release of CP2, I would hope that Terumi, Kagura, and Kokonoe are available from the start + we get the extra Vita content and the DLC colors are unlocked. But that's really wishful thinking.

You sound like a serious crutch player. lol

You seem to be stuck forever in first gear and activated panic-mode when the thought that...omg you'll actually have to improvise.

"The NERVE of Arc Sys making me work to win matches! This is not fair...

I'll go play a game that lets me be me."

Just putting in my two cents but I honestly don't see the fuss over the loketest; complaining about changes that you don't even know the full repercussions of and aren't even guaranteed to be kept in the final version is kind of asinine. I'm more interested in what the changes could mean rather than something silly like "OMG they neutered and spayed my main characters".

im not really worried about combo nerfing, every single game theyre like "yo we got dis, no more big combos, you'll have to work for it" and then 3 days after launch someone find a 7k hazama combo

im not really worried about combo nerfing, every single game theyre like "yo we got dis, no more big combos, you'll have to work for it" and then 3 days after launch someone find a 7k hazama combo

Implying that Makoto doesnt exist...

Regardless, I agree. The damage will be there.

I always wondered why everyone blames Mori when he is not the battle plan director.

Yes, he is the producer and you could say the father of BB, but he is not the one in charge of doing those balance changes.

I noticed that this has become a common behavior, with people blaming Ono in the case of SF/MVC3, Boon for MK/Injutice and Mori for BB/P4A which is hillarious

That's just a common rule of business.  When you're the boss, everything is your fault.

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201408070040/

Got this article from the Haz thread. I recommend translating it, as it looks to have quite a few interesting tidbits of information in it. (Celica, Lambda, Haz, OD Raid, and general stuff.) I'm probably wrong for trying to draw any sort of truthful conclusion from a google translated article with Mori as the speaker, but the bottom section seems to be saying that the game, as is in this loke, 90% completed in terms of changes and that they have no plans for when or what the console release will be.

I'd be interested in a legit tranlation if it can be done, or if one already exists 

Because those people are the face of their respective franchises. Yes, they may not be responsible for every single decision, but they are the ones that are responsible for most of the PR, so naturally, they also get most of the blame. It's like when you blame the director of a show for the bad script, or when MtG players blame Mark Rosewater for power level issues.

it's funny you say that because loketest already found a 6k+ hazama combo. OD split kick > chain grab thingy > snake bite for 6k. Haku style.

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201408070040/

Got this article from the Haz thread. I recommend translating it, as it looks to have quite a few interesting tidbits of information in it. (Celica, Lambda, Haz, OD Raid, and general stuff.) I'm probably wrong for trying to draw any sort of truthful conclusion from a google translated article with Mori as the speaker, but the bottom section seems to be saying that the game, as is in this loke, 90% completed in terms of changes and that they have no plans for when or what the console release will be.

I'd be interested in a legit tranlation if it can be done, or if one already exists 

I cant translate the whole article because that's a lot of work and Ihave got some stuff to do. Perhaps someone who is interested in the Celica, Lambda and Hazama can translate the first part if htere's anything useful.

I have translated the last part of the interview though. The first part isn't very interesting, he just thanks everybody for playing even though it's extremely hot in Japan blablahblah, then explains why he wanted to add Celica etc etc. The answers on the following questions may be bit more interesting though.

"I'd like to ask in what direction your heading with the 2.0 changes"

Kato: "It may sound wrong how I say this, but we haven't thought that seriously about balance. Based on what I hear from the people around me, the individuality of the characters and their concept has unfortunately been lost a bit, so we will make adjustments with these points in mind. Since I don't want to  compel people to use their character in this or that way, I want each player to search for their own way of playing.

Mori: "Because Arcsystem focuses on (creating) the characters' indivuality, we aim for an outcome in which the players will play and think it's fun rather than adjusting balance. Doesn't playing S Tier characters, which is how players commonly call the stronger characters, give you a good feeling hahaha. Because we don't intentionally make adjustments to make characters stronger or weaker, we first think about having people have fun playing the character and we think that in addition to that we should add various adjustments in order to keep the characters balanced."

"How far are you with the development?"

Mori: "If we're talking about the arcade version, I think we've completed about 90%. However, because this is a loketest after all, we are very happy to have received the opinions of several users. We'll reflect on their opinions as much as we can and we would very much like to have a loketest again when we have brushed the game up more. Furthermore, I would very much like it if people would look at Lambda's story."

"What about a version update for consoles?"

Mori: Of course I can't say I haven't thought about it, but I would first like to do the arcade version well and get people to like the Blazblue series in tournaments etc. That's why we still don't can't predict anything about/ dont have any plans for a console version.    

Mori: Of course I can't say I haven't thought about it, but I would first like to do the arcade version well and get people to like the Blazblue series in tournaments etc. That's why we still don't can't predict anything about/ dont have any plans for a console version.    

oh.

oh.

To be fair, they'd probably say the same about any loketest. I remember during the first CS2 loketests, it was entirely guesswork as to when we'd see CS2 on consoles (and IIRC the estimates ended up being two months or so too early).