Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Arakune

Problem normals

Jb: hands down is the only normal I try hard not to get abused by. It hits a multiple times with good priority.

5c: this one isn't so bad now since damage has been toned from extend, however; it still serves well as a reversal when gaps are to big during wolf pressure. Also can be used for an anti air against rasen or eisen wolf.

6c: seems ok to use on wake up if you try to wolf 5c or go for any low hitting mixup starters.

Zoning

Stay on him, and always knock him down. Pay attention to drive moves and bell bug. Your mixup can be a bit more violent since Arakune only has 5c and beam super for reversals.

Anti-air

Wolf ja is incredibly strong in this match up. Unless you approach Arakune from a bad distance when jumping at him, your ja will win 90% of the time.

Wolf 5b has some uses, but I mostly tried to catch jump start up with it or willingly trade with Arakune jb into 5c confirms.

6a one of the few matches where its reliable and beats Arakune jb cleanly (as long as jb isn't jumped canceled low to the ground). I had the most success catching jump cancels high in the air or raw jump in jb's with 6a. Arakune can prevent this if they jump cancel jb low enough to hit before 6a reaches gp frames. Be careful "You've been warned!"

Footsie

Will add more later...

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

If you input 236C too fast after a forward throw, Valk will go in front of Arakune causing the move to whiff. You have enough time to pick them up with 2C afterwards which leads to 2C > 6B > 2C > 5C > J.BAB > j.c > J.BC.

It's nothing match up changing but it's something to take note of.