Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi Questions and Answers Thread

Less float, way more untech time, fewer active frames.

i've seen this a few times so I guess I'll say something. 2c and 2cc both had their untech time nerfed. It's right there in the frame data. 2c floats less which makes combos awkward, 2cc floats more which makes combos awkward. I'm not sure if there's anything good to these changes. I'm leaning towards no.

Yeah. Though there is a buff in 2cc coming out faster after 2c. 2c>2cc used to be slow as molasses... now we have to input our own delays into combos to make things work.

incidentally the 2cc nerf was almost surely to keep us from using crush trigger off it in normal (non fatal) combos..

incidentally the 2cc nerf was almost surely to keep us from using crush trigger off it in normal (non fatal) combos..

As if that would really make us OP or anything...woop woop we would get like 500 more damage for 25% meter in most of our combos, big deal.

I was thinking they just did it just to spite Tsubaki players and make our lives more difficult but that could be a part of it.

I was thinking they just did it just to spite Tsubaki players and make our lives more difficult but that could be a part of it.

No, THAT was the 5BB change. ;P

Its been forever since i came on here so may i ask how is DP whiffing for this version? Viable? :?: and im sorry if this has been asked/discussed before

That 5C > 2C link might as well be a "feeling yourself" combo especially against those with a tighter timing on it.

The 5A > 2C on the other hand is fairly easy to land consistently so I recommend people just stick with that normally.

It's true that 63214C and fireballs add a lot to her, but playing today I realllllllllllly felt like she took one step forward and three steps back as a character. 5BB nerf, 2CC nerf, j.CC nerf, j.D nerf, 236B/C mid-combo connections being wonky as hell...

As if that would really make us OP or anything...woop woop we would get like 500 more damage for 25% meter in most of our combos, big deal.

it would add more than 1500 damage over a simple IAD combo. 2.5k -> 4k because of combo routes, adding a CT adds on 6c>5c>2cc> before you do the rest of the same combo..

would be fair though, of course..

It's true that 63214C and fireballs add a lot to her, but playing today I realllllllllllly felt like she took one step forward and three steps back as a character. 5BB nerf, 2CC nerf, j.CC nerf, j.D nerf, 236B/C mid-combo connections being wonky as hell...

i think most of those do not matter that much.. I find other things to be much bigger.. j214c is pretty much dead in this version. 3cc not correcting direction.. 2c anti air nerf... I feel like midscreen knockdowns aren't as long untech time.. but she's definitely better.. if only slightly.

What vexes me, overall is two things:

#1: There are a lot of stupid "this makes it harder for you to do stuff, but it's still POSSIBLE to do that stuff, so it doesn't affect your objective tier placement" junk this time around. I mean, FFS, we're making spreadsheets of what combos work on wo.

#2: One of the biggest complaints about Extend Tsubaki was that her normals aren't very good. So they made them...worse for CP? x.x

Oh well. It seems like some progress. I'm sure I'll be awful for a while when I finally get my hands on the game, but maybe the extra levels of execution pain will help me level up.

The 236B connecting has been a problem for me. Its half half, usually doesn't connect when I need it. I think I could be doing it too fast? Another pet peeve is 5C being too far after hitting with 5BB. Any good ideas on how to keep pressure on? I have an idea but I'm sure someone more experienced can tell me some better strings than trying to do random D cancels and going back in (unless that IS what I should be doing).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

The trick with pressuring with Tsu has generally been to keep the gatlings normals short and use charge cancels and jabs to stay in on one's opponent.

That's never been more true now in CP than ever.

Use gatlings to set up while you're in extreme short range and you're going for an overhead attempt and try to keep the pressures simple. Note that 6B has very good range and is still +1 on block so use that as a continuation if you find yourself getting pushed back too far then dash in quickly to continue the pressure.

You can also opt for jump canceling 5B and 6C to quickly get back in range. Use throws, command grabs with healthy frequency with TRMs sprinkled in for good effect.

If you find them trying to up back out of everything, frame trap them with specific gatlings to catch them as they're trying to take off.

The trick with pressuring with Tsu has generally been to keep the gatlings normals short and use charge cancels and jabs to stay in on one's opponent.

That's never been more true now in CP than ever.

Use gatlings to set up while you're in extreme short range and you're going for an overhead attempt and try to keep the pressures simple. Note that 6B has very good range and is still +1 on block so use that as a continuation if you find yourself getting pushed back too far then dash in quickly to continue the pressure.

You can also opt for jump canceling 5B and 6C to quickly get back in range. Use throws, command grabs with healthy frequency with TRMs sprinkled in for good effect.

If you find them trying to up back out of everything, frame trap them with specific gatlings to catch them as they're trying to take off.

What's the answer to people who backdash a lot?

Depends on the character, they have different frame data for invulnerable frames, on air and etc so you have to deal with it accordingly.

Generally, you can stuff back dash attempts with 5B since they'll get hit in the middle of it in most scenarios.

Depends on the character, they have different frame data for invulnerable frames, on air and etc so you have to deal with it accordingly.

Generally, you can stuff back dash attempts with 5B since they'll get hit in the middle of it in most scenarios.

if 5b doesn't stuff them 5b(w)b will (in the corner). or 2bb or 5cc

I was basically talking about characters with 'standard' backdashes - 5F of invulnerability, etc.

These don't seem to have enough range to do it for me?

I'd opt for 5CC in the corner since if you hit them with 5©C and they get hit into the air(most back dashes have them in-air status), you can follow up for some nice damage, especially if you have j.214D so you can continue off with 2B > etc etc.

Probably not match viable but I was playing last night and I had the j.236a orb hit between 5b > 6c (non-CH) and it combo'd which I thought was pretty cool

I'd opt for 5CC in the corner since if you hit them with 5©C and they get hit into the air(most back dashes have them in-air status), you can follow up for some nice damage, especially if you have j.214D so you can continue off with 2B > etc etc.

yup. but if you catch them in the air you should hit them high enough to follow up with 6c off j214d.

yup. but if you catch them in the air you should hit them high enough to follow up with 6c off j214d.

That's fairly rare unless you get a really good angle on them with the j.214D now so I generally go for 2B to make certain I get the continuation. It just doesn't slide nearly as much as it did previously.

I was wondering how to do the 214x whiff part of the DP whiff combos ? I saw some videos and it looks like Tsubaki does the DP and cancels really fast into 214x that she doesn't even go up in the air. It doesn't look like I come even close to doing this at all.