Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi Questions and Answers Thread

You can't do it too fast or the 214 won't come out. The way I learned to do it was look for when the dp first hits and then cancel into 214. Once you get it, you'll get it consistently.

I was trying to do it straight from 623C > 214A from point blank and realized that would never work lol. After trying the combo from start, whiffing the dp is easy though connecting the 5B or 5C is the real challenge now.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but dummy techs out before the 5B can hit on the 5BB > 5CC > 623C > j.214A(w) > 5B combo. I'm trying to get j.214A out as fast as I can and I mash 5.B to try to connect it.

I was also trying this combo I saw on this combo video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3wmDAuwRI#t=72

5BB > 5CC > 22D > 6CC > 623C > J.236A > J.214D > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B

After the J.214D, the 5C seems to whiff no matter what. I can easily connect a 2.B in there though. I was wondering if this is possible?

5BB > 5CC > 22D > 6CC > 623C > J.236A > J.214D > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B

After the J.214D, the 5C seems to whiff no matter what. I can easily connect a 2.B in there though. I was wondering if this is possible?

Probably character specific if it's anything like the 22D > 6C > CT > 5C route. Try doing that and see if the 5C connects or not on the character you're using as the training dummy. otherwise it should work :V

Yep 5C doesn't pick up certains characters (bullet is one of those, don't know about the rest, the answer is in another thread i believe)

I tried out the 22D > 6C > CT > 5C and I had no issue connecting the 5C. It is just at that other combo on the video I have issues connecting the 5C after the J.214D.

Well, I just subbed out the 5C > 2C with 6BB instead. I lose out less than 100 dmg so I guess I'll just go with this.

Is there a trick in landing 6C after j.236D > j.214D? I always seem to be too far in front of where they're actually going to land. I tried doing just 6C and 66 6C but I can't seemt to get it consistently.

depending on positioning you have to delay aganst some chars, at other times you have to do it as fast as possible if it is even possible, good fun stuff for combos this time

Landing the 6C after j.236D > j.214D is fairly easy. It should work most of the time if you're just mashing 6C after the j.214D connects.

It gets more complex if you try to go into 46D > 236D after 6C since you'll have to start charging 46D around the first frames of 6C before it even hits.

Hmm, guess I'll have to try again. I find it funny that you mention that, because I find that fairly easy to connect. It probably helps because you can hold 4 for quite some time during the animation of 6C.

Hmm, guess I'll have to try again. I find it funny that you mention that, because I find that fairly easy to connect. It probably helps because you can hold 4 for quite some time during the animation of 6C.

You can, and that's why it works. However, it's just an idea of layering yet another thing on top of landing the 6C to make sure it connects. Sometimes, if you delay the 46D too long on none-standing opponents, the orb will whiff right above them in a weird timing.

Standing 6C > 46D > 236D is easiest timing for 46D > etc continuation. After 22D > 6C and j.236D > j.214D > 6C , the timing is a bit harder but still very doable.

Hiyas,

Ima havin trouble with a 0 charge IAD combo.

Eg. 214B>5C>2CC>IAD>JCC>5C>2C>JCC>214A or eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJ97Cl3grc#t=58

At first after after 5C>2CC>IAD, the dummy would be to high to hit with JCC. To fix this, I did 5C>2C>(delay)2CC>IAD which has allowed me to hit the dummy. Unfortunatley im having another problem

Now im having trouble connecting JCC after the IAD. Sometimes ill IAD and push JC but nothing comes out. Or sometimes i push JC and the attack comes out, but whiffs.

Is there anyhting i should be looking for to make sure it connects?

Is it just me or using '#t=' doesn't give me the designated timestamp?

Anyway, with the combo, it sounds like you're not inputting IAD j.C fast enough. It'll drop at the IAD j.C if you're too slow or if the combo is heavily prorated. Press j.C as soon as you input the IAD, and like you pointed out it also won't work if the opponent is too high, you'd have to go into the air combo straight away.

Yup that's right, you need a letter afterwards for the timestamp to work. For future reference:

s = seconds

m = minutes

h = hours

Nothing complicated. :D

You need to use a unit - #t=58 does nothing, #t=58s gets you there, thusly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJ97Cl3grc#t=58s

Yup that's right, you need a letter afterwards for the timestamp to work. For future reference:

s = seconds

m = minutes

h = hours

Nothing complicated. :D

I thought it might have been my laptop actin' up (it does so it mysterious ways). Thanks for confirming.

What are some of the better ways to combo in Tsubaki's astral this time around?

It feels a lot harder in CP.

Here you go!

I believe the main ones will be 5BB > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22D and 623D > (j.236D) > j.214D.

Was a little hesitant to ask such a newbie question, but I'll give it a go: Is there a primer floating around somewhere on how to input whiffed 214As after a DP? Watching some combo videos I've seen people have it come out near-instantly after a DP lands, but I can't seem to get the dive out quick enough to avoid landing it. Am I missing something, or is it just tight timing and execution?

If you're trying off of a raw DP, it's incredibly spacing specific. After 5CC though, you'll always be at the correct spacing for the DP to whiff if done as quickly as possible

If you're trying off of a raw DP, it's incredibly spacing specific. After 5CC though, you'll always be at the correct spacing for the DP to whiff if done as quickly as possible

I think the actual question was 'how the heck do you do it that fast?' to which the answer is, I think, mostly 'practice'. Basically, you're doing 623C214A. It's kinda a weird unnatural motion because you are reversing direction when you hit 3, but it might not hurt to 'ride the gate' a little here and really hit that 3 to avoid going to 6 which will make it harder.

It was a bit of both, but a bit of practice and using 5CC for spacing seems to have done the trick. Now I just need to practice the practical uses of it. Thanks for the help!

I have a question regarding Tsubaki's command for her Astral and Blade Super. (632146 C or B ) I'm trying to get familiar with using her Astral in real time combat more often (after a mid air grab or 22D) but I can't seem to nail this command with an analog stick. It works 50/50 most of the time, any tips? (Trouble nailing only on the left side of screen)

I have a question regarding Tsubaki's command for her Astral and Blade Super. (632146 C or B ) I'm trying to get familiar with using her Astral in real time combat more often (after a mid air grab or 22D) but I can't seem to nail this command with an analog stick. It works 50/50 most of the time, any tips? (Trouble nailing only on the left side of screen)

Training mode is your best friend. There is no real difficulty with this command (or any of her commands as a matter of fact). Blazblue is pretty generous input wise.

I have since resolved my problem with inputting it in D-Pad. Now that I'm using a Fight Stick, I find that specific command to be pretty easy to execute now.