Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Midscreen gravity combos we've had are all unoptimal

just throwing that out there.

How so? Do you have some new tech you're willing to share? :)

I did some testing, its just the midscreen to corner ones. Purely midscreen ones are only unoptimal by like 10-30 damage.

I guess here is a hint. Fuck 214B, 214A is still where its at.

Defense should get Counter Assault as 6A animation OR 6B animation that hits crouching hitboxes

Lol this is all we got from your wishlist.

Luna and Dia 214D/j.214D not sharing SMP only seems like it would help her corner damage.

I'm not a combo designer kinda guy so I'll leave it up to someonewhodied to play around with it lol.

The buffs are kind of underwhelming but atleast we didn't get nerfed I guess... :/

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/13/arc-system-works-releases-changelist-for-upcoming-blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-patch/

Dia/Luna 214D and Crescent counting as different moves should help out quite a bit in corner combos. There rest is pretty okay. Astral being a hit. Last sword of OD Calamity Sword can't be emergency teched.

The character is pretty balanced overall.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the changes. I would have loved crescent cancel in luna but I understand why that is probably never going to happen.

Well, not the changes that I was hoping for, but at least she wasn't nerfed as far as I can see

and at least we lucked out better than Makoto. XD

Now all we need is luna 236D forcing standing and 4B SMP removed. Then we got a top tier character.

If im understanding the buffs right, our new max damage combo is:

10254 damage

[Dia]OD>214D~C~22A>CT>236D>214D~C>236C>214A>6A>2C>623C>2DD>6C>632146D>632146D

Since it looks like we can now combo off of OD calamity if the proration isn't too gone to shit.

Chaser buff helps out midscreen: [Dia] 214D~C>6DD>2DD>4DD>22A>2DD>214D>5C>2C>623C>2366D.

Chaser in the corner helps Dia convert damage and tack on damage for OD. But Nu already rapes butt in the corner.

Crescent buff I'm only seeing corner Crescent RC starter combos.

I think the OD Calamity buff is actually for the purpose of not making the opponent + on hit. It's not really necessary since you should only do OD Calamity to finish off the opponent.

Astral change may be cool if we get it off of 3C or Gravity but it's unnecessary since we could deal 3500 damage with 100 Heat anywhere on the screen. The grab gave her another mixup tool.

The CA buff though is probably the biggest thing for her.

Crescent and spike buff can help out some combos and oki.

[Dia]4B>2147D>3C>236D~22A>6A>9214D>6A>6C>236D>22A>214D~22A>214D~22A>214D~C(Oki)

just tested with shorter combos so smp is disregardable.

Our new combo ender in the corner will be:

6C>236D>214D~22A>214D~22A>236C

I like the changes. They made her only viable defensive option slightly better. And they fixed those pesky 214D starters where I forgot the starter was 214D. If Nu's Astral is a hit instead of a throw, I wonder if she can just do the wheel then just do astral now.

The overdrive thing could be fun if she can combo afterwards. Good stuff. I hope to see some gameplay.

OK I've had my fun with my new combos. Here are some optimized combos

Purely Midscreen Gravity:

X>[Luna]3C>214A>5DD>214D>66A>2147D>66A>4B>Air Ender

Midscreen to Corner Gravity:

X>[Luna]3C>214A>5DD>214D>662C>6C>236C>66A>4B>2147D>66A>Opt.6B(For height)>623C>2DD>Delay 236B

Corner 6B Punish (No Gravity)

[Luna]6B>5C>236B~22A>236D~22A>5DD>214D>66A>2147D>6A>6C>236D>6B~236C>6A>623C

SMP Force-Tech Setup (Shorter Combos only)

X>[Luna]214D>665C>6C(1)>236D~214D~22A>214D~C

Opponent will be forced into a grounded state. If you want an OD ender here for 50 meter, swap out the 214D~C with 3C>OD>632146D

The beauty of this setup is that if they roll/quicktech or don't tech. you can get 6K (25 Meter)(with gravity) off of the followup. It they do tech, you get Overhead/Low/Crushtrigger mixup safely and DP-safe.

SMP Standing-State Oki (Longer Combos only)

X>[Luna]214D>66A>9214D>66A>6C(1)>236D~214D~22A

Opponent will be forced standing onto the ground in front of you thanks to the last sickle hit if they tech (Even forward tech). You can get a 4 option oki with this one. Overhead, low, crush trigger, or immediate green grab. The bad part of this is that its DP unsafe.

I'll post more later. I'm really sick right now so i don't feel like typing too much.

Like leaking piss out of my behind while puking and sporting a bloody nose while nauseous sick.

With your midscreen to corner, how do you get away with a second 6C? Even if it's one hit, they can immediately tech.

With your midscreen to corner, how do you get away with a second 6C? Even if it's one hit, they can immediately tech.

Huh. Must have accidentally mixed up two combos. Fixed.

In my defense i make mistakes like this in my posts all the time and yesterday i was feeling exceptionally shitty :v:

Here are some more things:

Midscreen FC Corner Carry

[Dia]5CFC>3C>22A>6A>766j.B>j.C>66A>9214D>66D>9~falling j.2C>2DD>214D>2DD>6C>236A

Midscreen 236B RC Combo

X>[Luna]236B(Groundhit)>RC>236D>66214D~22A>236D~C~22A>6A>4B>2DD>623C>2366D

Optimal Corner "Beginner" Luna BnB

[Luna](X>2C)/(X>5C)/>236B~22A>236D~22A>5DD>214D>66A>5C>6C>236D>6B~236C>6A>623C>Oki

Midscreen Spike Oki Setup (Low damage variant)

[Luna]XDD/5C/2C>236B~22A>5DD>236D~C~22A>214D

Tager Specific Midscreen

[Dia]X>3C>236D~22A>6DD>9~j.2C>2DD>214D>662DD>623C>2366D

Corner High Damage Punish

[Luna]6B>214A>236B~22A>236D~22A>5DD>214D>66A>9214D>6A>623C>2DD>6C>236D>236C>6~(360)D(TK Distortion) (~6K)

Edit: Just fixed like 3 more typos. What i would give to not make derpy mistakes.

That reminds me. I had forgotten to ask about this. Has anyone else seen a single 214D cause the SMP message to appear? It seems to happen when the opponent gets hit by two spikes of 214D at the same time.

That reminds me. I had forgotten to ask about this. Has anyone else seen a single 214D cause the SMP message to appear? It seems to happen when the opponent gets hit by two spikes of 214D at the same time.

Yeah it's happened to me before. Pretty rare though. I think it's when 2D whiffs during a combo and you try for 214D after and the opponent doesn't block for some reason. Since it's so close to the start you can get a decent combo off it, but it doesn't end properly. Kind of like how you can use 6C twice in a combo and it still completes.

Yeah its been that way since CT where if there are two swords touching the opponent at the same time both hit.

So 5DD>214D in luna is pretty much giving a lot more damage for all my bnbs.

Only when in Luna Forma against CPU Hakumen. And it isn't actually rare for me, happens a lot against Hakumen (probably because the CPU doesn't know how to block). So is this not a glitch? I always thought it was.

That's strange. I have it happen often enough during real matches that it annoys me. It actually happens during combos, even though it shouldn't...

And I figured I might see what you guys think about the CP changes affecting our match-ups. It looks like Kokonoe will be getting easier, while the Hakumen match-up will probably have the Hakumen stalling more often.

so i got 8K off of a rollpunish spike chaser

below 30% health

[Dia]214D~C~22A>236C~22A~OD>5Cx4>236D~22A>214A>6A>9214D>6A>6B>623C>2DD>6C>236D>236236D>236C~22A>236C~22A>632146D

I'm actually more interested in the system changes:

632146 Commands – Currently performable with a bare minimum of 6246, but now also performable with a bare minimum of 6316.

Thank god, I suck at the carnage scissors input, especially when trying to go from 2DD into it.

Jump Attacks – Jump attacks have generally increased P1 (Initial Proration).

Backstep – Full duration and invincibility have been adjusted.

Negative Penalty – Has been adjusted in accordance to character abilities.

It doesn't really elaborate on this much, but things like j.2C might be more useful, or air-to-air j.C CH. I'm wondering about the backstep changes though, her backdash is amazing and I'd hate to have -even less- defensive options.

Hmm. Could you pizza wheel into astral now, since it's not a throw?

Hmm. Could you pizza wheel into astral now, since it's not a throw?

you could already do that

so jump attacks got buffed?

I really hope Nu gets more changes than that, better hitbox on CA is nice but the rest is pretty crap the extra damage from another spike chaser or whatever doesnt matter much because she already does good damage. We need better defensive options and there is no reason not to give them to her when characters like Mu and Hazama that does the same thing except better are in the game. Why did they remove low invul on 4B and throw invul on 214A? Lambda was always mid tier and Nu probably wont get any better.

I doubt the patch will make much of a difference for most characters and top tier will still be top except maybe kokonoe because it looks like they are butchering her. Arcsys has been ass with balance the last couple of games so the little hope I have left is almost gone.

/ragemode off

forver mid tier