Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

It was possible in 1.0. There was a video against Ragna showcasing a 4D/236D unblockable set-up.

Oh. I've only seen it done once in 1.0, but the person didn't even use 4D, so I thought otherwise.

unfortunately against everyone except rachel and tager, you have to be in the corner AND land a luna 4B or dia 3C to set up an unblockable. Its just not worth the risk of putting yourself in the corner.

(also for some reason it whiffs on half the cast even then)

Damn. I was hoping that it was a bit easier to do than what I've seen in some recent videos, but it's not even that reliable? :I

Well, even then, I'd love to at least do/try it once or twice. What's the most optimal (and works on the most characters) combo rout to use to lead up to the unblockable and afterwards?  

I just noticed the glory and splendor of fully-charged Dia 214D. If they respect it on the ground, you have fullscreen mixup in the form of 4D and 236D. Or run up and grab if that's your thing.

However, I'm not quite sure what to do to punish them jumping over it. I usually zip under them and try to cross them up with something, but that rarely works. :C

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Edit:

What I like to do is run up to them under the cover of the blades, and when they jump air-grab them. It works more often than not in my experience. Actually, the blades cover you well enough that you could potentially hit the opponent with 4B or 2B without the opponent knowing which you're about to use.   

Oh, and this isn't really answering your question, but it's fun to do and works similarly to the above. If you catch the opponent in the air with Legacy Edge for whatever reason, while they're guarding, jump and use J.5C as you descend from it and grab them. They literally won't see it coming and the damage you get is... alright. 

Hmm... maybe I'm a bit grab happy.

It was possible in 1.0. There was a video against Ragna showcasing a 4D/236D unblockable set-up.

It's not unblockable, it's not even ambiguous. It's always a low then high.

And if they get hit by the 236D while standing, there is no way to confirm a full combo off of it (OD>6D>air combo ender). I've been testing the setup a lot with my friend.

You'll catch someone by surprise, but it is easily defeated. It's not even hard to time the low to high block.

Should I avoid playing vs a good Carl if Im just starting V-13? the matchup is too hard and my zoning game doesn't work and I get frustrated 

Should I avoid playing vs a good Carl if Im just starting V-13? the matchup is too hard and my zoning game doesn't work and I get frustrated 

Well, when I was first starting with Lambda/Nu (And by that, I mean when I actually started learning combos, zoning, and match-ups) I would usually practice against Ragna, Litchi, and Tager/Hakumen. They're three characters that can help you to get used to Nu:

Fighting Ragna will help you to get used to the fundamental Zoner V.S Rush-Down battle. Every tool in Ragna's arsonal is designed to try to get him up close and personal to us, while alternatively, every tool in our repertoire is designed to keep him at a comfortable distance and control the pace of the match, and hopefully, back him into a position where we can then start an offensive onslaught.

Fighting Litchi will teach you the flow of the match and adapting quickly to a fast-paced switch in strategy the opponent may make. What do I mean by this? Well, Litchi with her pole is slightly different from Litchi without her pole. With the pole equipped, she has quite a bit of range on her normals and will usually be played slightly more defensively; and she also has access to a meterless DP. Without it, she gains some space control and zoning thanks to the pole flying about every which way, she gains faster normals and will have a much easier time closing the gap; so her game plan becomes a bit more offensive. With this is mind, you'll both learn how to handle a character with a vast plethora of tools (much like our very own Nu), and character that can challenge our range in some cases using her pole.

When fighting Tager and Hakumen, bear in mind that this will be a much different battle than the above two. These match ups will test your patience and reflexes, because if you screw up, it's almost game over. Tager, while being the slowest character in the game, has super armor on a few key moves, allowing him to safely get across the screen without much trouble. He also has one of the stronger projectiles in the game in Spark Bolt, which allows him, baring that he's allowed to charge it up, to bypass almost all of our long-ranged options. So, fighting him will help to sharpen your reactionary skills, and give you an easy/big target to practice zoning against.

Fighting Hakumen is going to be like fighting someone designed to counter you in almost every way, without being made to destroy you. This battle is like a game of tic-tac-toe, in that every move made by both opponents will shift the outcome of the battle. This match up will teach you how to deal with the tools of others that directly counter your own, and in vice versa.

There's a lot more to these match-ups than what I've described here, but to me, these are some good characters for a new Nu player to practice against, because of what each of the match-ups will teach without being too overwhelming or complicated.

Hope this helps! ^_^    

I say don't avoid anyone. If anything, look for the best Carl you can find. If you pick up Nu, you're going to get wrecked while you learn how to deal with the MUs and the character. Your gameplan will change and you'll have to look at each of your tools in each MU to figure out what is the best choice. It'll come to you and be natural, but running from Mus won't help. That can be said about any character in any fighting game. If you're having trouble fighting any one character, play it and study what your options are. You've just got to have the attitude and resilience to lose and find out why. Playing Nu, you'll be punished very heavily for your mistakes. Like Elegant mentioned, many times one fuck up will cost you the match. I think that adds to the excitement, but what you take from it is up to you.

If you're just starting the game in general, she may not be the best choice, but it depends where your priorities are. I didn't even care to play the game until they announced her for CT, so for me, she was the reason to play. It's all in your hands. You've got resources though, so use it and enjoy yourself on the way.

I'm just wondering if there a place I can go to read about mix up option or KD/set up. I'm trying to go back to my old roots but things have change a lot for lamba who is now nu

I'm just wondering if there a place I can go to read about mix up option or KD/set up. I'm trying to go back to my old roots but things have change a lot for lamba who is now nu

Not at the moment, but I'm working on a small write up for the strategy section of our wiki. I'll try and have something up in a day or two.

Playing Nu, you'll be punished very heavily for your mistakes. Like Elegant mentioned, many times one fuck up will cost you the match. I think that adds to the excitement, but what you take from it is up to you.

If you're just starting the game in general, she may not be the best choice, but it depends where your priorities are. I didn't even care to play the game until they announced her for CT, so for me, she was the reason to play. It's all in your hands. You've got resources though, so use it and enjoy yourself on the way.

I've been feeling this while trying to learn the game and play her. In a way, it's frustrating not being able to execute good combos, making crucial mistakes and getting demolished consistently by friends. But it may help learning that way in the long run I guess. Not the first fg I've tried learning someone a little more difficult. I did learn quite a bit when my friends were telling me to play Azrael, but I felt he made me hit an autopilot phase, and I stopped learning. Plus it helps to learn on someone you like.

But man, it feels bad to just do the most basic of BnBs all the time...and even dropping those a lot.

But man, it feels bad to just do the most basic of BnBs all the time...and even dropping those a lot.

Practice makes close to perfect.

Anyway, Nu/Lambda was my main from the first Blazblue up to the one before CP. I tried learning her in CP of course, but because I was new to everything again, I totally ditched her because she was quite hard. So it's not a bad idea to try doing basic BnB's with every character to get familiar with doing combos in general (that's what I did), because now it's much easier for me to use Nu.

I'll miss it this year, unfortunately. I will instead be spending a month in Japan come winter to meet the in-laws, meet friends, and get some arcade time in. I really wanted to be there this year since CP made it to the major lineup, but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

We're looking at the week before Christmas to the second week of January. As for where, I'll be all over, really. Her family lives in Kagawa (S), but I'll be visiting friends in Osaka (SW), Tokyo (E), and Niigata (NW). Every time I go, I always end up grabbing a train pass and running around a lot. I really wish I could afford both that trip and EVO, but with school loans kicking me in the groin, getting engaged, and EVO being so close, I don't see it happening. People will have to throw swords in my stead this time around. Of course, I haven't been able to practice much lately anyway, so it works out I guess.

ah. gotcha. I'm in kyoto from October to Early December so I wondered if you would be around. But that makes sense with all the national holidays in early Jan.

Damnit. I was going to stop in Kyoto on the way to Kagawa..I would have loved some offline matches with you.

Yeah. Too bad. Maybe next time though, if you keep visiting. Probably going to be going over more often and for longer with time.

Are there any Dia parser combos other then parsering after 6C and picking up with 6D in the corner? That would be the flashiest thing ever.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk