Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] How to hit people

outside of combos, i typically only use ensenga as easy abare off of random ch staggers and for zoning. tk ensenga on wakeup really only hits if you're either a) at the perfect position to land it and your opponent doesn't expect it at all or b) you're just really damn lucky. usually, it seems like the former but really is the latter; if you do it once, they'll be prepared for it next time. and even if you spend half tension to make it "safe" (really, tk ensenga is one of the most unsafe moves in the game), you still spent half tension. a better way to utilize tk ensenga's overhead properties is to use it in the middle of a mc pressure string when your opponent's crouched in the corner. especially if they're trying to get you off their ass by fd'ing, you can just throw it out of nowhere and for some reason nobody ever sees it coming.

How terrible is Johnny's 2p to poke with. I was scheming with it :keke:

If you're in a position to poke with 2P, then go ahead and poke with it.

"Johnny is a poke machine"

Quoted from when Kenji and I were discussing Johnny.

damn, 4r5 has GG down to a science. killerwatt tends to beat me more often when he gets into a 'zone' and pays more attention to my activity, and then I have to start faking stuff to counter-bait...our meta-game is DEEP.

Johnny is the 'King of poke machines'... hands down. And apparently the biggest pimp....

Knockdown, TK KJT > KJ (Frc) / DBT > DB(frc) [random select air comand (dj, ad etc) I have only managed to do this to a cornered enemy on block, and after the frc wich wiffs, the enemy will lash at you with something stupid. thats where u dj, and come down with a j.hs to the face. Anyone else have some more experience with this ? (after seeing the CM "Nostalgia" i just had to learn it, so brutaly fancy!)

Knockdown, TK KJT > KJ (Frc) / DBT > DB(frc) [random select air comand (dj, ad etc)

I have only managed to do this to a cornered enemy on block, and after the frc wich wiffs, the enemy will lash at you with something stupid. thats where u dj, and come down with a j.hs to the face.

Anyone else have some more experience with this ?

(after seeing the CM "Nostalgia" i just had to learn it, so brutaly fancy!)

You can only solo jump install the KJT/DBT with a superjump. I havent done it as a wake up on anyone. Ive only done it in a blockstring ended with a coin in the corner. 5h > coin > sjtk kjt > kj (block) frc > air dash > dust. pretty much exactly how it was done in the video is the only way ive applied it in play. You dont want the KJ or DB from the transport to whiff, or theyll feel free to jump out or use whatever move they want to hit you during the air dash. If its done correctly after the kj/db frc it almost looks like johnny hits the ground because of his air dash startup.

You can solo-JI the transports with a normal jump, just do it a little slow.

You can solo-JI the transports with a normal jump, just do it a little slow.

oh wow, so you can solo JI and get a double jump. Thought this was something they may have done in AC+ when Nattak said that you can DJ after the solo JI. Adds another trick to the list.

Since were on the subject with option select airthrows etc. Anyone has some good burst baiting/safe combos ?

I sometimes do my aircombos with an extra 6+HS on all the button presses (j.6KH-6SH>dj.6KH-6SH-D>Ensenga) to try to OS an airthrow on their bursts. More often then not, I just end up blackening the combo and occasionally getting an accidental airthrow on their tech. KJ(frc) is still Johnny's defacto combo-able burst bait. Johnny doesn't have many worthwhile burst-safe combos. Most of your successful baits will be from good reads on your opponent.

Anyone has some good burst baiting/safe combos ?

2S > HS > MF2(S) > back Jump K> KJ FRC <-Stay on block and wait for a burst

Burst -> IB/FD > Air Dash K S D Ens

No Burst -> Classical air Combo after KJ

Usually a good player don't burst when Joh is air comboting because it's very easy to guard a burst on Joh's Air Gatling.

If you delay all the attacks, if the opponent burst, joh gonna fall and avoid the Burst.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but: close to your opponent - 2k (block, might work if they don't block as well but they may need to be crouching) > coin (misses) > throw. Kinda dumb and probably only works on short characters. Since I find that I have spacing issues with Johnny still (they're usually too close to me), this works pretty well for me. Whether it's actually useful or not, however, I don't know. I know you could also probably do a regular tick from a crouching 2k w/o the coin, but the coin probably distracts them a bit. Opinions?

Post hasn't been updated for awhile, I went back to marvel for a little bit so I stopped recording, but to update a little bit since I'm back to guilty, a video with some gimmicks that are new. All off of a throw into a back recover. Some useful some one time use per opponent stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpBLwbp7Hs

Post hasn't been updated for awhile, I went back to marvel for a little bit so I stopped recording, but to update a little bit since I'm back to guilty, a video with some gimmicks that are new. All off of a throw into a back recover. Some useful some one time use per opponent stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpBLwbp7Hs

Great stuff 10stars, definitely gonna dwell on these little gimmicks.

Great stuff 10stars, definitely gonna dwell on these little gimmicks.

Because of the interest in the throw > 6k crossup at 1:11 I would like to clear any confusion up, I made that video while I was messing around with multiple characters for weight etc, the 6k 1-2 frame crossup that hits dizzy behind her after the tech is a DIZZY SPECIFIC, it will not work on other characters.

So I've come up with a weird little crossup. It costs full tension to do it right, but you do score a lot of damage.

It starts by doing 5K (c.S) 5HS KJFRC -> Divine Blade. From there, you have to judge the spacing to see if the crossup will work. Most of the time you'll be in a good position to do the crossup, so just practice a bit in training mode and you'll be able to tell when you won't be able to do it.

Anyways, after the DB knockdown, you IAD and do j.HS as deep as possible (and after you've confirmed you've crossed over, of course). Then you do j.HS xx f.S MSDJ xx 2D for another crossup, or loop Jackhound until they die, or whatever. Once your opponent's seen this setup, you can do a few things: j.HS whiff -> land 2S, safejump to bait a reversal, or a JI KJ FRC mixup (since the spacing works well for that, too).

If you can loop two or three Jackhounds and end with a sweep, that's 200-250 damage right there, as well as a knockdown with the spacing to land another crossup. If you have a Level 2, you don't have to worry about meter really, since whatever extra damage you miss from doing KJFRC you've already made up for with the previous combo.