Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orion

lookin for tips (AC)

The FRC is before the strike. It doesn't hit if you FRC.

I don't know why but as many times as I try that, 90% of the time I get either a mat or another yozansen after it. I neg edge it but I swear I'm only doing a tk yzsn motion...:psyduck:

Holding 9 will help keep you from accidentally negative edging additional moves: 6239(hold9)S..(release 9) -> whatever you want to do after the FRC You don't have to hold 9 long, just until an instant or so after the FRC flash. You have time enough to press 6 after the flash and still have it count as a AD, if you're going for the maruken dash. Ah, remember to get your fingers off the buttons while you're holding 9! Likewise, if you're in the air and trying to do yzn frc, it helps to hold 3.

The FRC is before the strike. It doesn't hit if you FRC.

it was sarcasm on light level....

and frc is still good but too hard

still jK is no-prorate. Counters that you would be able to counter from also takes tension and has prorate. Not saying your way is bad though, it is also awesome.

wake up pressure, deep/low j.k is awesome, just curious though, would 6h, make for decent wakeup pressure if you timed it JUST right (against pc i see them IB it and still can't get away). Just wondering since it can cancel into sweep, tatami, normal/tk youzie for high/low mixup, and builds guard meter...I'm assuming biggest danger is they will grab, but if you timed right they shouldn't be able to right? Also, given circumstance where you know sakura will stop next move, but you don't have any tension to frc, better than being stuck turtling w/o tension, how do you follow up tensionless sakura?

1. no it is not. if they fd the 6hs (as you are trying to space it away from a throw) you will be to far away since the jumpcancel is pretty late. its just a waste since you might as well just do 5p, 5s etc. etc. etc. 2. you cant if your opponent is close to decent. just block or maybe if you feel lucky like 2k o whatever. you cant combo.

...but if your opponent is asleep, you can follow up with like, anything lol. dust combo is easy mode, and i often find that people will burst at times like that, so you can usually anticipate a burst coming after that kind of silly 5D set-up.

I feel like a noob askin this but..I've been able to pull off all the technical things I need, youz rc is easy, the super low dash tatami is cake, but I'm having a lot of difficulty timing the super jump after a regular 2d > tatami setup, which is really giving me problems against jam/may, I'm also on a controller not a stick. Does anyone have any way they buffer in or time the sj.p ?

on jam/may and other lights you have to delay the tatami after 2D otherwise they will be to high up for your combo to be valid. So try delaying the tatami after the 2d (just a little bit!). also, vs May you can 2k5s2d jD for a tensionlessknockdown towards the corner at midscreen.

2. you cant if your opponent is close to decent. just block or maybe if you feel lucky like 2k o whatever. you cant combo.

So even with stagger nothing is safe? That sucks lol

P.S. ALso wanted to note that in the 'read this first!' guide, they cover all the normals except 5k, and c.s... c.s i figure is probably not much different from f.s, but is 5k pretty much useless? I don't see it in any kind of pressure strings so i'm thinking people mostly avoid it?

it is safe but you can´t combo.big difference. maybe from a counterhit-sakura you can do something, but I dont think so. Point is that you should always frc sakura. FRC Sakura is the strength of sakura. 5k well.. it´s slower than both 5p and 2k. But it's hitbox is kinda whack so at least in slash you could use it to counter anjis "hop"-crossup-move and get a nicedamage combo. I haven´t battled any anji in AC so can´t say for sure. I have used it as a "setup" for 5D. If you´re always doing 5D after the same normals it will be easier for them to block, so that is one way of using it. But no, it´s not that good. Not bad either though. c.S is +1 on block, and it can be used in pressure. You´ll see alot of japanese players doing it. For example: okizeme, you run in, 2k c.5S, they FD. You then let the c.S recover and dash in. Throw or 2k. Thing is, if your opponent likes pressing buttons, this kind of "bullshit-pressure" wont work, since they can hit you before you reach them. You can stop a bit earlier and do like 2D/2S and hope it will either stuff their normal or jump and then hitconfirm whether it is airhit/counterhit etc. depending on what normal you used.

Ahh yeah I see what you're saying, kinda good if you got your opponent into panic turtle mode, but if they're ballsy you can get poked out of it. Sad to hear there's no combo follow up to sakura stagger, was hoping at least a KD or something. :( Still good enough, what kind of mixup do you guys do with kabari? just 2k/2d or tk youz? Is it even worth it to tk youz after a kabari if you don't have 50%? it's a risky mixup without the tension it seems, if you don't have the tension do you just not use kabari or do you have other options? Against the computer on insane (like that says anything) they'll sit there and block kabar>5hs>kabari all day long, but I'm sure thats probably not safe at all.

My "mixup" with blocked Kabari is just 5HS/2D. From times to times a Suzuran. And sometimes out of the blue i Tetsuzansen it on a blocked close Kabari, works wonder against mash happy players. And on Sakura no cancel, if i want to keep attacking, i just 2D. Quite good range with the foot even if hit only with the tip of sword on Sakura, and still quite fast enough to force em to block low on the recover. Perfect for then 5D when you have installed the 2D in their mind. Way not advanced techs as i'm still a noob, i'm sorry, but sometimes simple plans can disturb a 'advanced' player, so thought i could share ^^'' Also, thx to tips from this topic and the whole Baiken section, i now roll on my friends with my one-eyed bitch. Gone from a mere 114pts to 1rst place with 133pts on our ranking board :eng101: You guys rock!

My "mixup" with blocked Kabari is just 5HS/2D. From times to times a Suzuran. And sometimes out of the blue i Tetsuzansen it on a blocked close Kabari, works wonder against mash happy players.

And on Sakura no cancel, if i want to keep attacking, i just 2D. Quite good range with the foot even if hit only with the tip of sword on Sakura, and still quite fast enough to force em to block low on the recover. Perfect for then 5D when you have installed the 2D in their mind.

No.

and you´re welcome :keke:

No.

Haha, ok np ^^ Will look for/read for somthing better ^^

Still, i like to tetsuzansen sometimes as the invicibility at start made me CH some P,P,P,P,P,P,P,P,.. oponents :toot:

on jam/may and other lights you have to delay the tatami after 2D otherwise they will be to high up for your combo to be valid. So try delaying the tatami after the 2d (just a little bit!).

actually you don't have to against Jam, she is floaty but her hit box goes down super low. It's still harder than other people if you don't delay it but it isn't required. The people I think it's required against are dizzy, may, baiken, and maybe bridget. Millia and jam I have been able to do without the delay.

you can't do it on baiken at all from midscreen. however, if you're close enough, you can do j.K -> dj.K xx YZS. in the corner, i think the only no tension set-up is: (deep corner) 2D xx tatami -> sj.K (delay)-D -> ad.sj.S-D -> D

Ah really, I know so little about the baiken mirror match, I just knew that doing it without the delay does NOT work on her.

actually you don't have to against Jam, she is floaty but her hit box goes down super low. It's still harder than other people if you don't delay it but it isn't required. The people I think it's required against are dizzy, may, baiken, and maybe bridget. Millia and jam I have been able to do without the delay.

yeah this is in the guide, it's needed for dizzy may and bridget.