Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang Combo Discussion and Posting Thread

Do you mean 5 or 6?

6, I suck at typing sometimes ._. ...

EDIT: Changed my previous post >_>...

Yea, 5B > 2B -> IAD combo works after CH jD, thanks =D.

Is CH 5D -> Astral a setup?

The only way I can get out is with a burst or overdrive. I think I might be slow on mashing or I am missing something obvious that makes this not a setup?

Pretty sure CH 5D > Astral is an unblockable setup.  One does not simply tech out of the nail.

I think you have enough time to simbly combo into it off of a 5D counter anyways.

Not really cause 5D is not canceable in any matter and the recovery is long on hit which is why it staggers I think.

EDIT: Looking at the frame data, you have the start-up of jump (4), astral (9+24) and recovery of 5D (22) to work with which goes a bit beyond the stagger of CH 5D (S58). I am not sure if this is how frames suppose to work. Does the super freeze usually count towards the total frame? If not, then you have enough frames.

Hehe, no need for all this, just go and try to do it and see how it works out lol. During the super flash everything is frozen. The foe doesn't recover from hitstun in that period.

Just discovered a new thing, yay.

So apparently 2D can combo after normal hit 5C during fatal counter. (Yes, I don't mean fatal 5C-2D, I'm sure we all knew that worked, I mean something like 5Cfc>CT>5C>2D)

Trying to see if that will amount to much.

Most I seem to get is 5.7k plus poison with

5Cfc>CT>665C>2D>923B>5B>5C>6A>6C>JC>j2C>j236A>5A>5B>jA>jB>jC>j236C>Ashura

Adds like 300 damage to that route. Now lets see if anything remotely optimal can come off this lol. Other than 5C tk C nail or CT I can't seem to land a 5C on a standing/crouching fataled foe that easily.

Is this a viable combo route off grab? I've only tried it midscreen and it's probably not worth the nail usage but I thought the bounce after 6B might lead to some interesting setups. I haven't checked either but I'm guessing there is an optimal combo for this route already so my apologies in advance.

B+C>236D>666B>5B>2B>jB>jC>JC>jB>jC>623B.(3162) Also gives +22 meter.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work in the corner because the bottom nail forces the dummy to the ground and has terrible stun potential on it. Although you can swap out 6B for 5C close to the corner and follow up with the usual 6D to 623B (minus the counter usually needed)

Is this a viable combo route off grab? I've only tried it midscreen and it's probably not worth the nail usage but I thought the bounce after 6B might lead to some interesting setups. I haven't checked either but I'm guessing there is an optimal combo for this route already so my apologies in advance.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work in the corner because the bottom nail forces the dummy to the ground and has terrible stun potential on it. Although you can swap out 6B for 5C close to the corner and follow up with the usual 6D to 623B (minus the counter usually needed)

Midscreen: bc>66JB>delay jC>6C>j> jD>j236C>5C>6D>623B

Corner: BC>66jB>delay JC> 5C > 6D > 623B >2B> 6C >jC> j2C

Those are the overall optimal routes.

Most I seem to get is 5.7k plus poison with

5Cfc>CT>665C>2D>923B>5B>5C>6A>6C>JC>j2C>j236A>5A>5B>jA>jB>jC>j236C>Ashura

Adds like 300 damage to that route. Now lets see if anything remotely optimal can come off this lol. Other than 5C tk C nail or CT I can't seem to land a 5C on a standing/crouching fataled foe that easily.

That looks neat, did you jc the 2D right away to do the tk j623B?

Yea, the nail usage kinda kills it D=...

I am trying to find a good combo off a 623C...

So far I got 5.4k using 75 meter and overdrive on midscreen. I think there is a better one somewhere o_o...

EDIT:You need 4 seals...

That looks neat, did you jc the 2D right away to do the tk j623B?

Yea, the nail usage kinda kills it D=...

I am trying to find a good combo off a 623C...

So far I got 5.4k using 75 meter and overdrive on midscreen. I think there is a better one somewhere o_o...

EDIT:You need 4 seals...

You can actually see me list the jump there. 923B has a jump imbedded in the input for j623B so you get a super close to the ground tk.

As for command grab rc stuff, the average od combo ending in daifunka would do the most. The grab is a short starter and they take a while to fall so it has been exceedingly rare to make rcing a command grab worth it.

F-CK all the BS I finally got a combo into astral!! The very very last combo in this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23730967 gave it to me! Thank you to the person who posted it and the guy who made it! Oh yes and by the way I said this before but if ANYONE has any set-ups into astral or bangs steel rain command please show us!

I know of one but you need a great starter and you throw away too much damage for it so it's not worth it. It's something like:

5B 6C j22A j623B 5B 6C j jD j236C delay6C j j236C 665C 632146B 5A5B-(meaty, then rain should come out)

Or for crouched confirms something like

5B 2B 2C 623B 662B 6C J JD J236C 6C J J236C 665C 63214B 5A5B

The tricky part is you have to wait for the web to vanish if you wanna be able to toss another nail and you have to delay the 6C before the last C nail in a quirky way to get the combo right.

It costs half your nails but no meter, it's only really worth it as the crouch variant cause on standing confirm the damage lost is too much.

I know of one but you need a great starter and you throw away too much damage for it so it's not worth it. It's something like:

5B 6C j22A j623B 5B 6C j jD j236C delay6C j j236C 665C 632146B 5A5B-(meaty, then rain should come out)

Or for crouched confirms something like

5B 2B 2C 623B 662B 6C J JD J236C 6C J J236C 665C 63214B 5A5B

The tricky part is you have to wait for the web to vanish if you wanna be able to toss another nail and you have to delay the 6C before the last C nail in a quirky way to get the combo right.

It costs half your nails but no meter, it's only really worth it as the crouch variant cause on standing confirm the damage lost is too much.

So, if you wait to the spider-web to vanish, and then use the 6C>CNail and the rest of the combo, the setup comes out right?¿ Because i always tried this on training and with forward roll i get counter :=/

I gonna try that method, then.

You don't wait for it to vanish entirely and then once it's gone do 6C but also you don't do 6C as quickly as possible. You want the web to vanish JUST as you're buffering the second C nail so that while the nail does actually come out they won't end up too high.

The timing is super finnicky as I said. It could be char specific too. Ones with thin air hitboxes like Noel it'd be tighter against than someone like Ragna.

Hey guys... I MADE ANOTHER VIDEO!!

IT HAS COMBOS YAAAAAYYY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gHRWjpEEI&feature=youtu.be

I don't even know what I'm doin with this anymore... I think I discovered all I can with this.

Good stuff as usual but the English voice intro caused me to daifunka the mute button on reaction until the cutscene ended lol. My two fav chars who have the two worst voices is too much for my soul to tolerate in conjunction X.x.

I like the second one more content-wise (hikari e) since I saw more original stuff there. A lot from here remind me of that Snow ring vid XD.

Yeah, I was literally running on Snow ring and expanding upon what was found in it.  And I like the New Bang's ENG voice T^T.

But yeah, glad to see you liked it XD  I'm just not good at finding new FRKZ combos anymore, so I think I'm dried up at the moment.