Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang Combo Discussion and Posting Thread

Hello, I'm new here, though I've lurked around the forums for some time. I felt like adding in some combos involving D Nails.

(Midscreen)5B>2B>6C>j.236D>2B>5D>wallbounce>66>2D>JC>j.D>j.236C>5C>6D>623B>66>2B>Ashura; 4 nails consumed.50 heat consumed. 4,320 dmg. Make sure

when landing the first hit of the combo to be as close as possible to the enemy.

(While Bang is Cornered)5B>2B>6C>jc>j.B>j.C>j.2C>j.236D>66>6C>jc>j.B>j.C>j.2C>5A>2B>JC>j.B>j.C>djc>j.B>j.2C; 3 nails consumed. 3,639 dmg.Note: This combo

only works on Jin.

(Midscreen)5B>2B>6C>jc>j.B>j.C>j.2C>j.236D>66>6B>2B>5D>66>j.D>j.236C>5C>6D>623B>66>2B>Ashura 4 nails consumed. 50 heat consumed. 4,414 dmg; This one is an

alternative version of the first combo, except this one is Jin specific and only 3 seals.

Jin has an interesting hitbox so that's why I added those Jin specifics. There's a lot of things you can do after you hit him with the aerial D Nails after

the j.2C at a certain height. It's kinda of a lazy way out of having to do the airdash after 6C. But yeah, just some things I discovered while playing. They're all pretty easy to pull off.

Just a little "trick" I found for those having trouble with Trial #22 or getting 662B to connect after a 623B in the corner knocks you a bit too far back

Instead of the trials 5B 2B 2C, I went 5B 2B 6C J.D TK CShuriken then you just continue the trial from the 2C 623B and you're much closer to the corner so you don't have to dash to get the 2B 5D to connect. Of course this defeats the purpose of learning the 662B pickup since this is usually used for crouching confirms in the corners but it's a nice workaround if you just want to get the trial complete :toot:

One thing I've not seen here is practical fc5C combos, so here we go. You can confirm midscreen 5C fatals into full combos if you're doing the right blockstring which doubles as a confirm.

FC5C>6A>5A>5B>5D>5A>2B>6C>J22A>665B>jC>J22A>JC>J623B>5A>5B>JA>JB>JC>JC>J2C -2.9K midscreen (can add ashura at the last 5B mark for about 3.7k)

I'm having trouble getting bangs 5A to connect after his 6C jc.IAD j.C j.2C I don't understand the timing behind it, I get it to connect if I don't do the j.2C but whenever I add that they just recover and the 5A doesn't connect. Are there any tricks to timing it or the airdash to make it connect successfully?

I'm having trouble getting bangs 5A to connect after his 6C jc.IAD j.C j.2C I don't understand the timing behind it, I get it to connect if I don't do the j.2C but whenever I add that they just recover and the 5A doesn't connect. Are there any tricks to timing it or the airdash to make it connect successfully?

Are you saying you're doing stuff>6C>IAD>jC>5A and it connects? That's...not supposed to happen. I need more specific details about what you're describing lol.

As for the combo that includes the j2C, you need to delay it, how much depends on your foes height in relation to yours and their hitbox. Someone like Tager would require less delay than someone like Ragna.

specifically when it calls for in trials 24/29 is what is giving me trouble, also I can get the 5A to connect when I do 5B>2B>6C>8966(IAD)>jC>5A of course they're too high and the 5B afterwards doesn't connect so it isnt exactly useful it's just something I found in my many attempts to do the combo. (mainly when I'd miss the j.2C but press the 5A anyways)

Also is there anything aside from "lots of practice" to getting the microdash2B pickups off of 623B in the corner? That seems to be where he gets the majority of his combo damage from and I just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on any workarounds or ways to take advantage of input buffers to make timing it easier etc.

So do you guys want a seal-less FRKZ combo? I got one.

5B > 2B > 2C > 6C > J623B > 5C > 6D > 6Dash 2D > JD > 2C > Into either 5D daifunka or straight daifunka. I cannot remember the total damage specifically off of my head, but I'm sure this gives us a good option for Half life OD or No life OD, and 4 seals XD

specifically when it calls for in trials 24/29 is what is giving me trouble, also I can get the 5A to connect when I do 5B>2B>6C>8966(IAD)>jC>5A of course they're too high and the 5B afterwards doesn't connect so it isnt exactly useful it's just something I found in my many attempts to do the combo. (mainly when I'd miss the j.2C but press the 5A anyways)

Also is there anything aside from "lots of practice" to getting the microdash2B pickups off of 623B in the corner? That seems to be where he gets the majority of his combo damage from and I just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on any workarounds or ways to take advantage of input buffers to make timing it easier etc.

Hmm, maybe you need to delay your j.2C more after your j.C.

And the micro dash, all I can say aside from "practice it" is don't concern yourself with getting right next to them when you do it, it's easier if you just dash a tiny pixel and then do it, 2B goes pretty far, and 6C will always connect anyway

yeah its timing dashing the tiny pixel that's giving me the issue haha if I had the time to do a full dash and 2B it would be a lot easier thats for sure.

I think I'm kinda getting why my 5A isn't connecting and that my IAD for my j.C isn't as "instant" as it should be haha

I was actually testing that IAD > JC > Delay J2C last night, and I could get it every time on Ragna, but Tager and Tsubaki felt really weird. I figure that the delay just varies from character to character?

I was actually testing that IAD > JC > Delay J2C last night, and I could get it every time on Ragna, but Tager and Tsubaki felt really weird. I figure that the delay just varies from character to character?

Yeah, like I said above the delay timing depends on various things such as relative height (if they're under you you need to delay it less, if they're over you, you need to delay it more) and char hitboxes. There's various hitbox categories, Ragna Azrael and other such bukly chars have "easy hitboxes" while someone like Tsubaki or Noel have "thin" ones. Tager is another matter entirely since he has a huge but "shperical" style hitbox, he is wide but touches the ground faster than anyone and needs you close to him more than anyone for distance-sentisive issues.

In the end, just practicing it against everyone is the key.

The microdash that I have to do after 5C, 2C, 623B before the 2B in the corner reminds me of 5C, 2C, d.2B, 623B combos way back from CS1. :v:

Also, does anyone know how you're supposed to do that 5B, 2B, 6C, IAD j.B, j.C, land, j.4B, j.22A, j.4B, j.623B,etc. combo? The one where you can switch sides. I think you're supposed to delay the IAD, the j.B, and j.C but I have no idea what you're supposed to do. I'm also having problems with poison nail relaunch combos, the j.C, j.22A, j.2C, j.236A, 5A part is hard to connect.

You ever gotten sick of getting OD, and when you do, its always in the corner, limiting your options of confirming? Well I have these great combos that you can use today, and they are pretty helpful. Try these and love them, because I love you all. <3

FRKZ combo start:

5B > 2B > 2C > 5D > 2D > XXX

This is one of the standard routes of the FRKZ corner combo. If you have the 6D seal, then 2D will put YOU in the corner. Remember your positioning.

5B > 2B > 2C > 5D > CT > XXX

Another route that makes use of the crush trigger in the corner. Its pretty cool, but still keeps your opponent in the corner so follow ups are limited.

5B > 2B > 2C > 5D > 6D > XXX

This is a bizarre combo route. As soon as you land 6D, which isn't immediate, so its the slightest delays, the opponent will land on the other side of you. You have to 4Dash in order to return to in front of your opponent. This also lets you use 623B and J623B outside of the corner. Its also the most awesome looking, so do this to friends and be loved forever.

Full Life OD Cancel:

5B > 2B > OD cancel 5B > 2C > 5D > 2D > JD (OD runs out here) > C nail > 5C > 6D

Does 3662 Damage with 4 seals, 2563 Damage with no seals. Note: Its extremely standard and can set up oki. A C seal or 623B can be enough for you, if its your preference.

5B > 2B > OD cancel 5B > 2C > 5D > (OD runs out here) CT > 6C > JD > 623B > (66) 2B > 5B > Air ender

Does 4429 Damage with 4 seals and 25 heat, and does 3534 Damage with 25 heat seal-less. Note: You can easily preform this combo in full life OD, so there is nothing too special. Only nets you 2 seals though, but it gets you great mileage and its decent.

Full Life OD, 70% Life OD cancel:

XXX > 5D > 2D > JD > 2Dash (OD runs out) 6D > 623B > 662B > 5B > Air Ender

Does 2868 Damage with no seals, does 4497 Damage with 4 seals. Gains 32 heat with 4 seals, gains 20 heat with no seals. Note: Just do the basic air combo ender after you do the microdash 2B. You still have combo time to perform it.

70% Life OD, Half Life OD Cancel:

XXX > 5D > CT > 6C > JD > 6D > 2C > (OD runs out here) Daifunka

Does 4293 Damage with no seals and 50 heat, does 5799 Damage with 4 seals and 50 heat. Note: This is a simple 5D > CT combo route. Nothing TOO wrong with it, but its not a four seal route.

Half Life OD:

XXX > 5D > 2D > JD > 2Dash 6D > 623B > 5B > 2B > 9Dash jC > J623B > OD DAIFUNKA

Does 4270 Damage with no seals and 50 heat, does 5921 Damage with 4 seals and 50 heat.

Note: This combo only works if you start out in OD and hit with 5B, or if you land JC, omit 2B in the template starter above, although you will get less damage.

Half Life OD, Almost Dead (20%) OD cancel:

XXX > 5D > 2D > JD > 2Dash 6D > 623B > 5B > 2B > Ashura

Does 3741 Damage with no seals and 50 heat, does 5392 Damage with 4 seals and 50 heat. Note: Getting Ashura out of 2B during FRKZ is hard as hell. Grind the input in training and hopefully you'll get it in a real match.

XXX > 5D > CT > slight Delay 2B > 623B > 2B > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > J623B > 5C > 6D > OD DAIFUNKA

Does 4415 Damage with no seals and 50 heat, does 6483 Damage with 4 seals and 50 heat. Note: One of, if not, the most difficult, but FUCKING AWESOME confirm in FRKZ. You have to time the 2B after crush trigger so that 623B can combo and the following 2B after. This combo brings your opponent along for a wild ride, all the way to one corner, but ending up in the next.

XXX> 5D > 6D > 4Dash 2D > 9Dash JD > 2Dash 2B > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > J623B > (This part is the hardest to time) 623B > DAIFUNKA

Does 4401 Damage with no seals and 50 heat, does 6197 with 4 seals and 50 heat. Note: This is probably THE most bizarre FRKZ route you will ever do, since doing 6D after 5D takes your opponent out of the corner. Also, as said in the combo, the hardest part is the 623B right after, so just omit that if you cannot do it and you will combo into OD Daifunka just fine.

I hope you all enjoy these combos and appreciate the hard work that I put into discovering these. I hope this will up your Bang game whenever you get that coveted combo into FRKZ. Keep on with Justice in your hearts, guys.

Great post! I have been in the lab with FRKZ trying to figure some stuff out.

Above when you do 5D > 2D do you have to 6 dash cancel the 5D to get close enough for 2D to hit?

Great post! I have been in the lab with FRKZ trying to figure some stuff out.

Above when you do 5D > 2D do you have to 6 dash cancel the 5D to get close enough for 2D to hit?

Yes, you have to immediately dash in order to connect the 2D. 5D doesn't gatling into it and the dash is so miniscule that it is second nature.

With half life OD cancel, I tend to go for 5C OD confirms into shippuugeki resets if they're cornered, pretty simple combo but one which works if they try to tech during your combo, it's something like:

5C>OD>5B>5D>6>6D>6>2D>JD>2>2C>5D>236236D

You kinda have to do the 236236D part quick so that FRKZ won't run out if you're in barely half life but if they tech, it's a free reset into 4.5k while if it's gonna kill you can just OD daifunka after 2C.

Also, a small tip, if you're too far to confirm 5C>OD with 5B, use 2B instead. The timing's tighter but it works from any range.

Alright dudes. I need a combo that does 6500+ and builds its own meter. (If meter is necessary)

Here are some challenge mode combos that I did.

Challenge 20: Combo into astral

Solution: Corner Throw into astral. Note: Just do it. Spacing is character dependant.

Challenge 25: Get 4000 Damage off of a CT guard Crush

Solution: Do an FRKZ combo. Any one is fine.

Challenge 30: Get 6500 Damage.

Solution: FRKZ, 3C fatal > 2B > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > 6Dash JC > 2Dash 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > 9Dash JC > 6Dash JC > J623B > 5C > 6D > 6Dash 2D > JD > 2C > OD Daifunka. Note: Connecting the 2B after 3C fatal is weird. Keep try and you'll get it.

I hope this was on subject.

You are welcome. I'll probably revisit challenge 30 more in order to find a more practical combo or somethin.

yeah its timing dashing the tiny pixel that's giving me the issue haha if I had the time to do a full dash and 2B it would be a lot easier thats for sure.

Here's a very small trick that might help timing the microdash 2B after 2C supah crash in the corner.

As Bang slides away after the 623B, look for the moment he stops sliding. That is when he can dash again. Look at his feet to see when his momentum slows to a stop and 663B. Do the input as fast as possible.

Another visual cue that some people might prefer: there is a subtle yet clear stage shake effect when an opponent hits the ground after super crash. Look for the stage shake to dash in.

I'll have to try that tonight. If I can get it down, I may end up picking Bang up as a result lol.

Btw, tried the whole JC > delayed IAD > Delayed J2C on most of the cast, but I cant get it on the smaller hitboxes for the life of me, until I get it down, would 5a > 5B > 6C > JD > 5A > 5B > aerial combo be an ok alt? I can pretty much get that down every time. I was even thinking of trying 5A > 5B > 6C > JD > C nail > 6D > 623B as I've seen Bang's do that to me in games (i think that's the route anyway)

Thanks my ninjabros.