Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core: Game Play/Stategy

Well, I'll try asking about Command Grab Set-Ups. Not just Meteor Shower > Command Grab. The only other one I know is that one in The Defure Video which was - Item Throw (Poison), 2k (First Hit), 5k (Whiff, Poison connects now), Command Grab. Any others?

In another post, a Too-Low Drill Cancel > Mettakiri was considered. Since you do a Drill Cancel anytime you could do j.2k, would it be better to do Too-Low j.2k > Mettakiri? I don't think you would hit them, it has the same effect as Drill Cancel > 214H in that it could psyche them into thinking an overhead is coming but also, I think in Frame Data, DC > j.k > j.2k has extra landing recovery while j.2k has normal landing recovery. So, you could throw out a Command Throw faster. Is this right?

That's what I said. What I meant was if there was any other trick/trap out there. Just trying to get the ball rolling, I feel Faust has alot of gameplay tricks available so this topic should get some posts in....

lol, meta RC meta has won me a round b4. just never use it again. and what's wrong with 2P, run, meta VS 2P run 2P -> combo VS 2P something else (j2k?)?

This is a pretty stupid trick but I've seen it in an A-cho video which I can't find for the life of me. Let's say you lock your opp down in the corner and you're at a good 5S and 2HS distance and you're controlling the air with items and j.HS. If the first item is something that falls rather fast (tub, hammer, etc) and your second item is a donut or chocolate, they might take the bait so use the scalpel (41236K). Risky? Yes. Lulz? Definitely. Safe? Kinda sorta. For me, Faust is all about setups into his air combo or HS into pogo. There are plenty of more setups for the former than there are for the latter. We already know that you can do the aerial part of his BnB off of items and his 214D forcebreak. However, just a simple poke (5P, 5K) can lead to his entire pogo string which still does a good amount of damage. It actually makes 5P good for okizeme too since they'll block on wakeup (why wouldn't they) and it's extremely safe.

i don't know if you experience this but the people i play against know how to play against Faust and when i throw a donut or candy ....... they get on my ass like shit on velcro 5p for okizeme isn't really the best option because some people don't block on wakeup they attack for instance sol, ky, bridget, jam, slayer, po <- they all have dp's or moves that can avoid that attack and punish you for big damage with 2k you beat ky's dp and jam's and if timed right can avoid sol's while at the same time stopping slayer's dandy step and slowing down po's backdash edit: also if done to close to certain characters like sol....it will wiff him crouching....and as i sad before the sol i play knows that :keke:

Also, I don't get why they'd want to take the bait..... the gain isn't spectacular and while it's out, The Item Throw is effectively locked out. Unless it's in the way of some sort-of strategy, I personally wouldn't choose to take it as opposed to preventing one of Faust's main zoning moves.

hell fuck no do the fdc cross up jDust mixup cause they Dp in the wrong direction and end up getting raped by it once you've cultured them into that they won't throw it out as recklessly and more options such as fdc jk and 2k are more viable

When you say no, do you say that because you can't follow up on it or because it can be punished? I mean, I agree with the cross-up, I'm just wondering why you objected so strongly.

1st. because of the fact that it's extremely obvious and doesn't really but you into a positive position be cause if they block it you get pushed back so wakeup attack has failed 2nd viper will go through that shit so against other dp characters 2k works just fine i objected so strongly because you can do soooo much more don't cut yourself short man :cool:

TK Bomb Bag as an oki? TK Bomb Bag??? Yeah, don't do it. AFAIK it's too slow, too obvious, and if you can't space it right Faust will have to block the bomb (and thus he'll get no advantage out of it).

On most DP chars, you can try to bait it with an early 2K and punish. It's easy to set up, and block, and it's really easy to combo them when you fake them out.

Isn't TK Bomb Bag = auto-damaging attack? o.o For oki I only use 2K, and sometimes I throw an item.

when i get home at 5pm ill post on what is best depending on characters lemmie know which you play the most and ill give specifics

hmm my worst match ups are against testament, milia, and Eddie. I just started learning stick so i will be learning to FDC very soon to add to my arsenal but I seem to do OK without it for now. I want to see if I can lock down testament in the corner so I am not chasing him down and falling for the traps. I try and sit back and throw items but the beast always catches me. With Milia I just can't seem to stop her rush down. I played Marlin Pie this weekend and every time I tried an anti air I would get hit by the pin. If I don't anti air he rushes me down and does a block string and IAD again or throws me into an air combo. I can't seem to get even a 5p in there so I am not sure what to do. We don't have an Eddie player here to play against yet. (NerdJosh is developing a very nice Eddie) Once he masters him I will have more match up experience and will be able to see the mix ups a little better. Eddie's 2S is a pain to deal with. My oki is pretty weak but I try to make it work. I use 2k and have a few options for there. I can throw an item out after the first hit of 2k and then use the command throw, I can gattle after 2k with 2p 2s 2d into item or pogo, I can 5p after 2k and do 6HS or poke with 2p, I can use the karate chop force break, or i do 2k again and basically force the opponent to guess which option i will go with next. Josh showed me this quick overhead if you dont have a burst. It basically cancels the jumping drill into the dust for a quick overhead. I have not really tried this yet because I am still trying to just get used to using the joystick. Any help would be appreciated.

hmm my worst match ups are against testament, milia, and Eddie. I just started learning stick so i will be learning to FDC very soon to add to my arsenal but I seem to do OK without it for now.

I want to see if I can lock down testament in the corner so I am not chasing him down and falling for the traps. I try and sit back and throw items but the beast always catches me.

With Milia I just can't seem to stop her rush down. I played Marlin Pie this weekend and every time I tried an anti air I would get hit by the pin. If I don't anti air he rushes me down and does a block string and IAD again or throws me into an air combo. I can't seem to get even a 5p in there so I am not sure what to do.

We don't have an Eddie player here to play against yet. (NerdJosh is developing a very nice Eddie) Once he masters him I will have more match up experience and will be able to see the mix ups a little better. Eddie's 2S is a pain to deal with.

My oki is pretty weak but I try to make it work. I use 2k and have a few options for there. I can throw an item out after the first hit of 2k and then use the command throw, I can gattle after 2k with 2p 2s 2d into item or pogo, I can 5p after 2k and do 6HS or poke with 2p, I can use the karate chop force break, or i do 2k again and basically force the opponent to guess which option i will go with next.

Josh showed me this quick overhead if you dont have a burst. It basically cancels the jumping drill into the dust for a quick overhead. I have not really tried this yet because I am still trying to just get used to using the joystick. Any help would be appreciated.

Testament

Okay with teste you need to do 2 things when rushing him in the corner

1. have a "heavy" item out ex: hammer,po, faust, coin or meteor's

- this allows teste to focus on somthing else besides just faust himself, all of these items will eat a foward exe beast.... in chance giving you the time to punish

- they also make him stay grounded and block so him trying to jump out or warrant(counter) is too risky.

2. spacing

- medium to far range is were you need to be, jump 2k is your buddy because it floats over forward exe beast

- farslash rapes.......bad, it's fast enough you beat any attack he will try except fwd exe beast .....make sure you cancel this with 2k or item frequently

- teste 2hs is good but 214d(handslap) and 2k are better so each gatling with farslash so thats what options you have

- oh and air pogo is also great just watch out for warrant with pressuring and bait that shit

vid example(Rf) vs Teste:http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yK00-0Mw-2M

watch how he avoid exe beast counters and spaces right

Eddie

hmm this one is a little tricky so not enough info to really grant anything super great

here's a few hints

airpogo is great and staying on it is even better

bomb bags are awesome

2hs and scalpel pull can take care of shadow if placed good

vid example:http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=O6o2HIctZ4A

moar later

Against Testament: never rush him on wake up when he has tension 50% or over. He'll OD/poisoin you and loop until he can. And Test players hate Faust's j.H because there's nothing to beat it XD Against Test generally I go for a more offensive gameplay, running before he can EXE Beast me XD (ok, it only works with back EXE Beast) So I have less itens in the screen than I should have.

You'd be surprised at how small Faust's hit box is on the Pogo. Its amazing. using the K flower makes his hit box even smaller. Also if you watched Osaka B he made good use of the back tilt of the pogo stance because it has invincibility frames.

Sign in to follow this