Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet self-improvement and user video thread

safe jumps don't really work on non-teching opponents, what's the best way for her to punish that sort of thing? I usually just took advantage by blue beating more hits to get another heat level.

I've just recently learned After Burner can be charged, so I'm still kind of experimenting with how much I can use it to beat projectiles, you can see my recklessness with it early on lol

also, it actually IS possible to barrier brake her dash, but I haven't figured out why it fails a lot. I practiced it in training mode, and it is very tough and inconsistent, but I've pulled it off before.

also, it actually IS possible to barrier brake her dash, but I haven't figured out why it fails a lot. I practiced it in training mode, and it is very tough and inconsistent, but I've pulled it off before.

It's similar to Carl's in that you only have a few frames to barrier at the beginning of the dash. I think Carl's window is 6 frames. If you miss it you get a B normal.

Your probably fine as is getting the heat level in that scenario. I didn't know you could FD Brake it, I'll have to practice that. But like it was mentioned, working with the strict timing.

yeah that makes sense. I guess we're better off canceling into a jump to block certain things if we already dashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLH9OEdo-_s

sorry about the terrible quality the only thing I have to record with is my phone. can you guys critique my bullet? unfortunately I only got to face him with bullet once the match before this was with hazama.

I also have more vids but against relius and I'm uploading some against valkenhayn as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDA_peurtA

let's go over every fucking thing I did wrong here because I went full retard this round.

0:06 could have done more off jA, possibly even tried a 623C reset or something here.

0:09 2B hits, delay canceled into 2C resulting in un-combo and trading hits - wtf just do 2B 5B and confirm properly

0:17 whole bunch of flailing around in the air, should have just ground dashed to put myself under him. Ended up getting a good position and then doing 6B WAAAY too early to be effective.

0:23 throwing out random 5B for no reason because I'm a dumbfuck, stop that

0:26 2C on block is terrible, for some reason this nerd is mad scared and dashes away.

0:32 reacted to teleport by hitting 5D for some reason. Should have just mashed on 2A. WTF is 5D going to do anyway?

0:36 6B, don't jump. Or if you do jump, mash jA. What I am even attempting here, falling jC or something? I can't even tell. Stupid shit.

0:40 some retarded shit happens where I jump around like an idiot instead of staying on the ground

0:51 did not need to get hit by that

1:00 lol

1:05 fucked.avi

1:06 could have done 5C fatal here. Or 5B CH 6C. Instead did 5B 5C 2C 5D. Didn't even do 5B 5C capture. I'm RETARDED. chances to win missed: 1

1:18 HOLY SHIT STOP FORGETTING THAT YOU HAVE H2 AND DO REAL COMBOS. chances to win missed: 2

1:19 WHY chances to win missed: 3

1:21 HITCONFIRM 5B IDIOT chances to win missed: 4

1:22 HITCONFIRM 2B IDIOT chances to win missed: 5

1:24 WHY AM I BARRIER BLOCKING ON A +0 SD MOVE? ROUND OVER GO HOME

pls tell me if I missed anything thanks

You put "Rules of Nature" as the song in the video which didn't suit it at all (excluding the title relation, but even then I still would have chosen something else). Poor song choice in my opinion.

On the plus side, I did find the description to be quite funny.

Hope this helps you in future endeavors!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d74V0GaKNE&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w&feature=c4-overview#t=02m28s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRqMCDsAtw&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w&feature=c4-overview

I'm aware I need a lot of work and after I'm little bit more stronger with the character I'll start reviewing everyone else video and add my own two cents at where to go strong at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYy1uKTXKE&feature=youtu.be

Hello guys, I'm back and back for good this time. I'm going to try to be playing and being active on these forums, but for now I have this...

Alright so I got completely blown up this first round. This is the first time I've fought an Amane and all I knew is this match-up is hard...

The second round went a bit better for me but that's not saying much, I really hate this guy.

Third round upsets me but I guess it was my fault for not being able to finish.

Anyways if there's anything that I could have done/can do for future Amane battles please let me know and thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Hh-ym6b4c&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w&feature=c4-overview

New video with my Bullet against multiple matches.

~KAZE~ : I wish I was a little bit more confident to provide you with feedback but I'm also in the learning stages of this character and I rather not misdirect you. Give me a little bit more time before I understand the fundamentals of this character and I'll be reviewing everyone videos with much feedback.

http://www.twitch.tv/nerdjosh/b/496112550

My matches vs Brkrdave start at 02:23:30. A really good Rachel is annoying as fuck. Most of the Rachels I fight aren't on Brkr's level and I run them over. For really competent Rachels you have to learn to get in without eating a billions hits from pumpkins, cannons, and other garbage.

You'll notice I use 3C to take out George. This is really good to gain ground on Rachel for two reasons: 1) 3C immediately kills George where Flint Shooter will only kill George if youre at H2, otherwise it takes two Flint Shooters to remove George. 2)Hitting George with 3C allows you to cancel into specials as if hit an opponent. Usually you'll hit George and fire off a Flint Shooter to make Rachel deal with your projectile as you get in. Or you can cancel into any other special as the need comes up--Snaphance for AA, Miquelet to catch more projectile spam.

Blocking instant overheads ins't the easiest thing in the world, but the longer you block the less wind Rachel will have to combo you. If she gets you early things are going to suck. Good defense is a must have considering Bullet's reversal options are less than stellar.

Rachel is susceptible to Bullet's safejump post 5D/jD. Abuse this if you have opponents who always emergency tech.

There's a few other notes on the match up which I'll touch on when I have a break from work. Let me know if y'all have any questions.

I'll put up videos of me giving folks the wallop soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jhZWmGeX4

It was a tough road but she improved so much in the last month I'm actually really impressed. I studied all of her matches and potential I had to start applying them to be very effective though there's something missing within her that I'm unable to find which will break most of my opponents and get pass my mold. Since I'm more comfortable with the character I'll start reviewing all matches (attempt to) from here on out and provide advice to the best of my abilities.

Considering my main is Ragna we all may end playing Bullet differently since the influence from the main character will change the way how subs are used compared to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9GuxmVKrB4&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w&feature=c4-overview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmwd8M55IgQ&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w

Bullet is exceptionally fun but knowing the community in the US she's such an underrated character, at least that's the information I get from people. Lets continue to work together and whatnot and we'll have the whole community fearing the Bullet Army. As usual you should just watch random players and steal their tactics, it really helps and what kind of links you can work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm_ol4dUxTo&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w

Long time no see, the struggle is real and I've been slightly absent in the last few weeks so excuse the poor performance, blame this IP Fragmentation bs deal. Lately my connection is a hit or miss so I'll attempt to get back to weekly updates and hopefully provide and 1.1 info behind Bullet in other threads.

Been playing bullet almost exclusively since launch on Tuesday. I'm get

ting better and better. But I have a few general problems that I feel are holding me back. I need a better understanding of bullets blockstrings, mixup, and oki. I'm feeling like these are the hardest parts of the character for me.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

o u want sum okizeme, this is from my old document that I put together back in early december or sometime around then.

Bullet Okizeme from 5D/jD

1. 5[D]

• Positive on block but consumes heat

• beats certain mashing and resets situation

• can be held to cancel and use normals

• catches rolling behind

• loses to reversal, rolling backwards

• very little reward without 50 meter

2. jC safejump

• Beats a lot of reversals

• Goes into normal pressure strings if blocked

3. 2A

• Catches rolls and delayed techs

• loses to reversal

4. crossup jD

• Beats wakeup backdash, some reversals, backwards roll

• loses to 5A, forward roll, some reversals

• Very little damage without 50 meter

5. 6A meaty

• Beats blocking low

• loses to reversals and rolls

6. 236[A] meaty

• Hard punish on delay tech and mash

• positive on block

• loses to DP

7. jB j9C fuzzy

• mixup with safejump

• decent damage

• loses to DP

• resets situation

Yeah Bullet is really fun to use. I was very happy with my results when playing some of the better players online. of course I still got a lot to learn about matchups since the only ones i get to play are Azrael, Hakumen, and Arakune on a regular basis.

Recently acquired the game and have taken a shine to Bullet. The help in this thread is pretty nice so far, but what's the general strategy for pressuring and mixing up the opponent. So far I've basically been doing the following block string

2B 5B 5C 6C jC 2B 5B...

occasionally mixing it up with maybe a 3C or something else, but it feels like the opponent can just downback block and when I go in for a 6A, I get a reversal to the face. 

Any advice on how to improve it?

just some general advise for me,

I find myself using her Drive too much because of a lack of knowledge on what to use to get in on her opponent. what can I use instead to get in quickly on my opponents?

just some general advise for me,

I find myself using her Drive too much because of a lack of knowledge on what to use to get in on her opponent. what can I use instead to get in quickly on my opponents?

Nothing. Your best option is movement and proper use of your normals to stay at a close range.

Try to implement dash super jumps into your game. They cover a lot of distance in a short time.

Patience and match up knowledge is key though.