Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DerQ

[CP] Amane vs. Rachel

Post your thoughts about the Rachel matchup here. Be as constructive as possible when discussing matchups.

Rachel boards' thread

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?18323-CP-Rachel-vs-Amane

Pros

Can reliably whiff punish Rachel summoning things from fullscreen such as pumpkin.

Cons

-

Drill game

Wind tech blows up any drill reset attempt. You can always resort to calling out where she'll wind tech, but that's a risk on it's own.

General strategy

-

One of the interesting things in this matchup is that you can stop rachel from setting up stuff on you. My initial week one playstyle was to just runaway across all matchups since it's a comfort zone to not have an opponent in your face. But against Rachel, if you try and do that, she gets to setup stuff for free that makes it even harder afterwards to apply the runaway strategy. By stuff I mean George, the pumpkin, throwing projectiles along with wind will really make your life painful if they are allowed.

But you can stay in range of all these and be ready to whiff punish most summons she will try. Unlike other characters, it's easier to get the range to prevent these as you can be really far. If she jumps to pumpkin, j6C. If she sets up george, 2C. If you catch her during lobelia recovery, the hitbox goes away. etc.

Though I would say don't throw those pokes at her. Due to wind mobility, a whiffed C normal means she's in on you can stay in for a loooong time.

Yeah a good Rachel will wind pretty liberally to punish C moves. Gotta be really careful to keep her out as well as reacting to set up. Beware her cat punch if you ever try to move in on her she can easily return to the ground and catch you.

How does drill interact with cat chair 2C? Does it catch 5D or 5C?

I'm new to the match up, and I'm getting schooled by a lot f Rachels online. When does her pressure string end? Even if I guess correctly, the just IADs back in with j.a and I can't get out save for a burst or CA. Aaaarg. x_x

I'm new to the match up, and I'm getting schooled by a lot f Rachels online. When does her pressure string end? Even if I guess correctly, the just IADs back in with j.a and I can't get out save for a burst or CA. Aaaarg. x_x

You should definitely check out the 1.1 video thread and watch Sendatsu's match. He's the best Amane player I've seen so far and he plays the match-up incredibly well. You could watch 1.0 videos as well, the match-up hasn't changed much.