Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DerQ

[CP] Amane vs. Valkenhayn

This match-up isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be so far. Valkenhyn is still really strong but Amane can deal with him. If he's not in wolf mode, he can get zoned with C attacks. If he enters wolf mode then he can run get around C buttons very well, but has to deal with Amane's godlike jB and 6A and floatiness. Neither character has a meterless reversal to deal with the other's pressure (ALL THE DRILLS), though keep in mind that his 6A easily wins when you get predictable with Zettou > jB pressure. But then again your 6A wins when he gets too predictable with wolf pressure.

I hated playing Makoto in this match-up last game and it actually feels bearable with Amane. Such a relief!

The one thing I really enjoy in this matchup is how often you get to tag Valk out of wolf mode with j.B.

I usually like to play a bit risky such as throwing out Gosei now and then because it's annoying and safe if you have the meter. After having that whiff two-three times and get hit for it, I've concluded that so long as you are not whiffing or trying anything with huge recovery, you're playing this matchup right. Due to wolf movement, you get caught way too easily for trying to do so or play with higher risk moves.