Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floatwater

[CP] Ragna vs Bang

Discuss the Ragna vs Bang matchup here:

MOST of the frame data and game-plan from EX applies in CP.

Match Start:

• -

Neutral:

• -

Offense:

• -

Defense:

-

Punishes (on block/reaction):

Combo Notes:

I or a Mod will edit OP as more info comes. Contriboot.

[*]-

[*]-

Can someone give me advice on this match up please? I don't really know how to deal with Bang at all. His speed, projectile and drive move I find hard to guard against as well as to punish >.<

I'm going to try and condense this post into common things more so than high level stuff atm. so bear with me

if the player D's on wake up or as an AA to an air approach there is a pretty nice height in which you can just land and block (even if he teleports!) and pretty much blow bang up for it. for the ground you can pretty much 2A >2C because it hits behind you and it tags him for a CH. I can't remember off the top of my head if this works for J.D tho.

another thing is that if bang throws out D nails you pretty much have to respect aside from moving around the nails by jumping or dash barrier to crouch block to slide under them and what not. REMEMBER when you  opt to jump around the nail you limit what a bit as you what you can do since you are in the air. you still have J.A as a pretty good and safe way to hit him if he jumps at you. note it is kinda distance dependent if you can move around the nail. most of the time it's about. . half, 3/4, fullscreen. point blank you gonna have to just hold that. 

also check out whatever is + or - on block, gatling tables. whatever generally helps people deal with bang better on the wiki!

Overall the characters moves around a lot but you DO have the normals to hit him. 

I'm going to try and condense this post into common things more so than high level stuff atm. so bear with me

if the player D's on wake up or as an AA to an air approach there is a pretty nice height in which you can just land and block (even if he teleports!) and pretty much blow bang up for it. for the ground you can pretty much 2A >2C because it hits behind you and it tags him for a CH. I can't remember off the top of my head if this works for J.D tho.

another thing is that if bang throws out D nails you pretty much have to respect aside from moving around the nails by jumping or dash barrier to crouch block to slide under them and what not. REMEMBER when you  opt to jump around the nail you limit what a bit as you what you can do since you are in the air. you still have J.A as a pretty good and safe way to hit him if he jumps at you. note it is kinda distance dependent if you can move around the nail. most of the time it's about. . half, 3/4, fullscreen. point blank you gonna have to just hold that. 

also check out whatever is + or - on block, gatling tables. whatever generally helps people deal with bang better on the wiki!

Overall the characters moves around a lot but you DO have the normals to hit him. 

Thanks. I'll definitely try those out. His nails are a pain when I try to rush him down. I played two who like to use them to prevent me from getting in on him...uggh.