Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Amane

I've been playing this match with a local player in my scene quite a bit, I feel like the match is pretty even, but take what I say with a grain of salt cause I'm still learning Izayoi.

Pros

-623B pretty helpful in this match cause Amane likes to be in the air a lot usually just in that range.

-214D at the right times when he's trying to hit you with the scarf will net some nice punishes if you make the read

-Amane needs 50 meter for a reliable reversal/wakeup

Cons

-Gotta be careful with moving around in GA, Amane's normals are pretty good at covering the spots during the forward dash.

-need 50 meter for reliable reversal makes it hard to get him off you

-Phorizer gets beaten by Seijyuu Rensoukyaku (the bionic arm like move)

-Basically better normals

The match I think is pretty even, sonic sabre keeps Amane a little honest with his normals, I find this match the neutral game isn't to bad just need to be barrier blocking quite a bit cause I find myself jumping around to avoid getting hit by normals and trying not to give the chance for Amane to drill, cause those moves do some nasty chip damage. Because of the way Amane C normals work, trying to stay just close enough so the knots on the scarf attacks don't connect lead to being able to get your momentum going. Much like Izayoi, his best reversal comes from having 50 meter so keep an eye on that. As mentioned in Pros, 623B hits that angle that Amane likes to be when hitting you with his scarf. Amane has some air unblockable tech traps so be ready to barrier block a lot if your in the air teching. Amane only has one overhead, jA so most of his gameplan revolves around keeping constant pressure on you with all his normals. Choujyuu Rengeki: Raibu (the move looks like he's kinda dancing at you) is normally pretty safe on block but if you at least instant block the last hit its a free punish cause he doesn't get pushed back the same way he normally would on a normal block, in normal mode doing 5B > 5C > 236B~214A 2B > 5C will not work, Amane is a little to far for the second 5C to connect, GA mode a similar story, use 5B > 236C instead, 5C will not connect. For this particular match I also recommend setting up for GA mode cause it really sucks to get snatched by Amane's hand snatch move, it catches anything air borne (backdash included). The best spot to be in this match is somewhere between midscreen and up close cause some of his C normals whiff at that range, but be careful for his D normals and keep an eye on the drill level. Using jA to tag him in the air helps a lot too. If you do find yourself getting drilled by level 3 drill, instant barrier as much of it as you can cause that will minimize the amount of damage it will do to the barrier gauge by pushing him out.

There are some ranges where you can challenge his stance to drill chip set up with either Justice Phorizer or trade with GA 3C, if he's up close I suggest the 3C one. Don't carelessly through out Justice Phorizer in this match either, he can go through it with his super and punish you for doing it without thought.

I'm still learning this match so feel free to point out if something doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Removed the portion that mentioned 214D on wake up could avoid chip set ups with Amane's stance into drill and top, doesn't work unless Amane's spacing is off.

EDIT2: added some more info about this match.