Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Ragna: Black And White

Bump... im relatively new but i find myself having more trouble mentally dealing with this matchup more than most.  i find myself running away from 5b and getting thrown from baiting his DP.  Anyone have any tips?

I've play regularly against a Ragna, but it's reached the point where I'm learning to play VS the player as opposed to the actual character. Some ways you can condition him to do his DP is hitting a lying Ragna with 5C or otherwise pressuring him and making him recover early in the match. After you've done that, guessing whether he'll DP from wake-up or throw turns into trying to read your opponent correctly. When in doubt, you can jump and then either hit him with 5B/Agito/Tsubaki if he's doing a regular recovery, or go into a jD or barrier if you see the DP (which means you have to get the jump height right to have enough reaction time). However, if you make a habit of this, the Ragna can always Rapid his DP on your jumping barrier and punish you.

Basically, the best way I've found to deal with Ragna's DP is to try and force him to use it when I can. When you manage to bait one with a D, you have to guess, based on your opponent's playstyle, whether they'll try it again right away or drop that approach for a while. Sorry if the advice is a bit too general.

As for 5b, what's causing you trouble exactly?

Your pokes out range his more often than not, the matchup generally comes down to how good you can read the opponent. If your reads are good, then it becomes a lot easier.

For getting throw out of DP baits, I'd start learning to grab tech, otherwise I'd jump back and barrier; you block a potential DP and are safe from wake up grabs mostly.

Instead of 5C or jumping shenanigans I would give 2B a try. After a knockdown and if you're close enough (what should be the case usually) you use 2B. It catches forward rolls or delayed wake ups for a pick up combo. And it is safe on a fast wake up>dp. You can block the dp and punish it. But, like mentioned before, look at Ragna's meter to avoid punishes out of rapid cancelled dp's. And wake up throws can be teched easily by blocking with A+B+C. That is if you're pressing the buttons the moment Ragna's on his feet again. If the Ragna's going to avoid your oki with a backroll you can do 4C to at least force him to block if it not hits, or 3C to catch him, etc...

I figured Sans would jump in here and lay down some knowledge, but I guess I'll have to do it.

For now I'll just say don't use 4C. It just will get you counterhit.

If he does Blood Scythe just 5D it.

The matchup is like Street Fighter. You play footsies. Whoever makes a mistake twice loses.

Also don't be afraid to look at the older matchup threads: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4725-cse-hakumen-vs-ragna/

The matchup is pretty much still the same. Just account for stuff like 6D being useless.

I figured Sans would jump in here and lay down some knowledge, but I guess I'll have to do it.

For now I'll just say don't use 4C. It just will get you counterhit.

If he does Blood Scythe just 5D it.

The matchup is like Street Fighter. You play footsies. Whoever makes a mistake twice loses.

Also don't be afraid to look at the older matchup threads: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4725-cse-hakumen-vs-ragna/

The matchup is pretty much still the same. Just account for stuff like 6D being useless.

I don't have input on this match-up lol. I know the top-tier ones (outside of Hazama) but not too many outside of that haha.

Random highly situational trivia: if you do OD while next to Ragna when he's waking up, he'll say "INFERNO DIVIDER" before the animation of the move starts. So it's like a complicated pause button if you are insecure about your read.

That's pretty funny. reminds me of how everyone tries to stuff OD if you activate next to them just to watch them eat OD Yuki > Shippu for their troubles.

Something I've started falling for repeatedly recently is Ragna using jB to trigger Yukikaze. Since it's not a projectile, he's frozen by it, but due to how the hurtbox on that move is, he'll avoid the entire slash if he was high enough.