Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Jin: The World's Choice

Practically anything Jin does in the air can dodge 5D if spaced right. jB, jC, j2C, etc.

It's a tough matchup.

Hard to say if Jin's spacing tools are simply superior or the local player here is just gdlk (he's one of the world's best SF players), but it feels as though Jin has an easier time countering Haku than vice-versa. He's very well-rounded and can get in Haku's blind spots easily.

Reminds me of CT Jin, tbh. 

I need help guys.  I can't beat our local Jin player at all.

I'll be uploading recent tournament footage soon but general tips on this matchup are appreciated.

The problem I have with most Jin players is that it feels like he can jump cancel everything into a sudden cross up or overhead. Keep that 2C, 6A, and TK Hotaru ready all through out.

He got you with some Jin resets towards the end. A lot of Jins like to freeze you in the corner and then go for resets with IAD j.2C or empty IAD into low/throw. So it's better to block high by default in that situation and switch to low once he lands.

I'm not sure if its just me but I eat 6B almost every single time he does it because I either do a grab or low like 2A.  I'm not really sure what to do at neutral to prevent these kinds of situations from happening.  Zone him with low j.C?

I feel like part of what makes this matchup feel tough is because he's playing me the player mostly.

I'm pretty sure that's a problem all Haku players have with Jin. dat throw reflex

If you want to try and hit him out of 6B, don't use 2A. It will lose in most cases; go for 5A at least.

Is it just me, or does it really seem like Jins only ever use Yukikaze when fighting Hakumen? It's like they want to kill you with sweet irony.

Honestly is 6b realistically reactable with our 2d?  I feel like it should be, but I just haven't been training hard enough.   I fall for the empty run ---> 6b alllll the fucking time and it leads to such huge damage.

It's been reactable since CT, but I've always been falling for it too lol

In CP though our chargeable 5D is a new weapon that could work since we can just hold it until they hit it. Still wouldn't trust it though.

Is it just me, or does it really seem like Jins only ever use Yukikaze when fighting Hakumen? It's like they want to kill you with sweet irony.

I honestly don't know why Jin needed his for anything other than to accent the fact that he's GAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP HAKUMEN FROM TEH FUTURE. He's got his own shitty DP why does he need ours?

Honestly is 6b realistically reactable with our 2d?  I feel like it should be, but I just haven't been training hard enough.   I fall for the empty run ---> 6b alllll the fucking time and it leads to such huge damage.

Maybe outside of Netplay it's a viable strategy but, yeah his 6B is wonky and I hate it.

Yukikaze is a really good option for dealing with characters with lots of safejump options, i.e. Izayoi or Valk, because of course Jin needs more options.

Hi i was wondering when Jin freezes you, do you have to recover first and then block? or is it like tagers gadget finger and it auto recovers for you and u just block

As long as you're frozen, you can't do anything. But then it wears off automatically, and you can move around again. (But Jin will just use that freezing time to combo you so it's unlikely that he'll just stand there and give you a chance to recover.)

Hi i was wondering when Jin freezes you, do you have to recover first and then block? or is it like tagers gadget finger and it auto recovers for you and u just block

Like Mac said, you can't do anything while frozen until it's "freeze time" wears off, and that varies depending on what he freezes you with.

It auto recovers. They stopped blue beat ice combos after CT.

As long as you're frozen, you can't do anything. But then it wears off automatically, and you can move around again. (But Jin will just use that freezing time to combo you so it's unlikely that he'll just stand there and give you a chance to recover.)

That or a scumbag reset. I hate it when that happens. :/

Just hold back when you're frozen, in case Jin drops the combo.

If he's doing his silly little reset setup, you're gonna have to guess.  He'll either high, low, or grab and it's very hard to react to.  Sometimes I just mash Yukikaze

I really don't know how to explain it but I can't deal with the neutral game vs Jin because most of the time his buttons end up beating mine out.

I think fighting Jin requires a lot of patience on our part because he wants us to get impatient and press a button. He's like a snowstorm, you just gotta brave it.

He does win neutral for the most; he has full screen options, he can jump cancel off most of his normals. He's a pain in the ass.