Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[CP] Mu vs Carl

Discuss the matchup here. This post will get updated with relevant information eventually.

I think Carl should still be played against like in Extend

If you can't Carl off you before he got you sandwiched between Nirvana and him, then you probably have to work on your neutral and mobility because Mu has the normals to keep Carl away and is fast enough to avoid Nirvana.

If he likes to use vivace to approach you, just use 2b or even 3c a few times to discourage him

Yeah, it's rough, but this is just one of those matchups where ideally you should never get hit. Once you get sandwiched it can pretty much be game over if the Carl is good. His damage seems a lot scarier than Extend, so it feels much more unforgiving if you make a mistake. Also I believe he is one of the few (only?) chars that can actually safejump Mu's DP.

Play neutral as long as you can until you actually get a CH or stray hit into corner carry, then kill him. Carl has a rough time against Mu's normals but you have to always be mindful of the doll. Don't commit to anything if she's already starting up a special move so you don't get caught by the super armor, take that as your cue to gtfo of there. Remember that you can still jump cancel your moves by hitting Ada, so you can still control space and beat up nee-san at the same time. If sister dies feel free to be more aggressive and start bullying him into the corner.

Yeah, it's rough, but this is just one of those matchups where ideally you should never get hit. Once you get sandwiched it can pretty much be game over if the Carl is good. His damage seems a lot scarier than Extend, so it feels much more unforgiving if you make a mistake. Also I believe he is one of the few (only?) chars that can actually safejump Mu's DP.

Play neutral as long as you can until you actually get a CH or stray hit into corner carry, then kill him. Carl has a rough time against Mu's normals but you have to always be mindful of the doll. Don't commit to anything if she's already starting up a special move so you don't get caught by the super armor, take that as your cue to gtfo of there. Remember that you can still jump cancel your moves by hitting Ada, so you can still control space and beat up nee-san at the same time. If sister dies feel free to be more aggressive and start bullying him into the corner.

Even in Extend I never got this matchup....

You can use only stein in this mu because it's stop nirvana and carl must try to stop you, so you can kill him easely like that. You can use 5A  to nirvana if she's activated  it's very useful. And don't try to use 5C to nirvana because carl can punish you if you do that :D