Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[CP] Mu vs Taokaka

Discuss the matchup here. This post will get updated with relevant information eventually.

Tao seems to be actually getting more popular online so there's no more sweeping this MU under the rug. I think this might earnestly be Mu's worst matchup. I mean it's never been good but now Tao has easy oki anywhere with her new cat spirit followup, and she gets insane damage and corner carry. I'm not sure what to do other than hope I get lucky and somehow get her into the corner. I'm too afraid to place any steins or try to space with normals for fear of getting biffed by a D move into 4k + a free trip into the corner. Anyone have any advice for this matchup?

A weakpoint for Tao new to CP that wasn't in previous games is that after Tao uses all 3 of her air actions, her D button is locked and she can't do any drives until she touches the ground. This means that they have to commit more often and old movement patterns no longer work. It is something you need to watch out for and take advantage of cause there isn't much else you can take advantage of.

That's actually really good to know; I didn't know that they changed that about her drive. I'll have to really pay attention to their air options from now on.