Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky: Talky-Talky Goes Here!

Dogura is a great player and pretty tricky. I especially liked the Burst Grab into SRK super. I eagerly await the vids in which he took out a whole slew of players.

All right, scoured Japanese Blogs/Wikis for these top secret strats. Hellmonkey translated:

Throw FRC Combos w/ gauge @ 35%

You might need to Jump Install after the c.S on some of these. After the FRC..follow up with.... (#'s represent damage)

Sol

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 118

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS(J.KD) 118(126)

Ky

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 118

c.S>Vertical jump J.SHS>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KD 126

May

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 118

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 121

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS 124

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.SPS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 130

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 131

Millia

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 141

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 145

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS 143

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 152

Eddie

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 120

5P>c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KD 128

Potemkin

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 96

5P×2>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 107

c.S>Vertical jump J.SHS>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS 106

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.S>J.SHS 108

Chipp

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 147

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS(J.KD) 154(158)

Faust

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 117

c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 119

5P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 126

Baiken

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 127

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 138

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS 139

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 147

Jam

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 118

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 122

S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 131

Johnny

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 118

2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.S>J.S HS(J.HS can whiff) 121

Axl

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 123

c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS(J.KD) 124(128)

Anji

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 123

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KD 126

S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 131

Venom

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 122

c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 124

5P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 130

Testament

5P>c.S>J.SPS>J.D 120

c.S>J.SHS>Lv2 air missile>air dash J.KD 124

S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 126

Dizzy

Dash J.SPS>J.KD 120

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 129

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 136

S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 145

Slayer

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 106

5P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 113

c.S>J.SHS>Lv2 air missile>air dash J.SHS 115

5P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 118

I-no

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 120

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 126

5P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KSHS 130

Zappa

c.S>J.SPS>J.KD 118

c.S>J.SHS>Lv2 air missile>air dash J.SHS 119

Bridget

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 120

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>J.D 126

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSHS>Lv2 air missile>J.KHS 132

Robo-Ky

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 98

c.S>2P>c.S>J.S>Lv2 air missile>air dash J.SHS 104

Holy Order Sol

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 106

c.S>J.SPS>J.S>Lv2 air missile 110

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS(J.KD) 114(117)

A.B.A. (LOL, 8x combos on her off throw?)

Bazooka 3HIT>dash J.SP>J.KSHS 83

Bazooka 3HIT>dash J.SP>J.KD 87

Bazooka 3HIT>c.S>HJ.KSPD 91

Dash J.SPS>J.KD 93

c.S>J.SPS>J.D 98

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.KSPS>inertia J.PD 106

c.S>2P>c.S>HJ.SHS>Lv2 air missile>air dash J.KD 114

c.S>Vertical jump J.S>LV2 air missile>air dash J.KSHS 104

The following is an Okizeme Chart. After you've knocked down your opponent the following are recommended and safe in regards to how much tension they have.

Character         Under 50% Tension       50% + Tension

Sol	      		5P/HS FRC		5P/HS FRC
Ky	    		Bazooka/2K		5P
May		       Bazooka		        Bazooka/5P
Millia		       5P/5K			5P
Eddie		       Bazooka		        5P
Potemkin	       5P			5P
Chipp		       Bazooka		        5P
Faust		       2P/5K/Lv3 Air Missile  2P/Lv3 Air Missile   
Baiken		       5P/5K			   5K
Jam		       2K			   5P
Johnny		      Bazooka		           2K
Axl	               5P/5K			   5P/5K
Anji		       5P/5K			   5P/5K
Venom		       Bazooka		         Bazooka
Testament             Bazooka		        5P
Dizzy   	       Bazooka		         5P/Lv3 Air Missile
Slayer  	       5P/2K			  5P/2K
I-no 		        Bazooka		          5P
Zappa   	      2P			   2P
Bridget 	       Bazooka/5P		5P
Robo Ky		      Bazooka		        Bazooka
ABA		       5P/5K			   5P
Order Sol	      5P			   5P

More stuff later, sleep now.

good work on the guide so far storm i just had a few comments

- Counterhit on grounded opponent makes it untechable for a long time and thus easy to followup with an aircombo, (superjump kick, superjump dust, missile if applicable). If opponent is hit in the air however, you will not have ample time.

you can follow up the counter hit 2hs on grounded opponent with a normal air combo (j.k j.s dj.k dj.d) which does more damage than sj.k sj.d (tested on every character)

- Link into 5p on block if you don't have tension for other lockdown tools such as ground missile or horse

(this is from the 5k part)

this also links into 5p on hit which can be nice cause its burst safe unlike 5s© and can still be combed into 2k 2s for knockdown

also in the 2s part you should probably mention that you should follow it up with 2d after hit which still leaves time for a ground missle/mixup before the opponent gets up

and then sorry for the double post but its not related to my first post i was wondering if any1 uses the throw frc or combos off of 2s unless its going to kill? i have been more inclined just to take the knockdown take the free mat and not use up the tension since these moves prorate damage so much (well i guess thats assuming the 2s is after 2k or 2p,2k). thoughts?

I use the FRC or RC (some reason my timing is 50/50) off throw with 5k,5s, j.k,j.s,j.s,j.hs air missle and try and tech trap with jump or FB depending on how close to corner they are. # bars for a throw FRC to a good damage combo isnt bad since you can either matt after your combo and get 1 or 2 bars before they retaliate.

Robo Stuff

Thanks for the input. I usually use superjump kick, superjump dust, missile after 2HS but only after I FRC. It's nice because it doesn't matter if it's CH or not, it's going to land. However passing on extra damage is a no-no. Most of the time you have to commit to that primed superjump after the FRC ahead of time, but his basic aircombo after 2HS CH is indeed better.

2S by itself, like you said, doesn't scale. That is why I attempt to go low with it when opponent is busy blocking Bazooka.

Gen-Ky Lovers is so delicious now. It didn't have the speed increase before Accent Core, did it? It's always interesting to see which Robo-Ky players will use Gen-Ky Lovers, and which ones don't.

It's always had the speed increase. It's much more viable in AC as a result of his Force Break and Level 3 Horsie juggle setups now though.

Don't remember it ever increasing his run speed in #Reload or Slash. Oh well, must not be remembering it right. And yeah, the Level 3 Horse into 236236S juggle is really nice.

Nothing really constructive to add, just wanted to say great work on the guide Dr Stormlocke!! Quick question about oki, is Lv2/3 Steam ever good to use as oki or is it something you'd not recommend?

It wouldn't hurt to use it occasionally, especially since it'll likely stuff things like Vapor Thrust. Run up and act like you're going to do an okizeme, then simply throw out a Level 2/Level 3 6HS. If it hits, just FRC it and go into a combo. Level 2/Level 3 236S is definitely Robo-Ky's best okizeme, as Level 3 gives a lot of frame advantage. 5P and a.Slash would also be good choices, but watch out for shit like Volcanic Viper.

Yeah that's how I use it, the range on Lv3 steam is so great you can almost stand a full character distance away from someone and steam them on wakeup. If I'm already too far away to pressure on wakeup anyway (other side of the screen say) I just lay a mat and charge up.

Doing a 66K [or whichever button you choose to use] is sometimes a good mid-screen/far-screen okizeme, especially if the opponent isn't used to fighting Robo-Ky. Some players like to try and attack during wake-up, and 66K usually stuffs whatever they throw out. Level 3 214S is usually a better choice, especially since it can cross-up, like Dr. Stormlocke mentioned in the Robo-Ky Guide. Getting hit by Level 3 214S, especially on counter hit, is generally about 1/4 - 1/2 life loss. Personally use Level 2 Steam as a constant pressure when trying to gain Tension from 2D. If Tension is needed, will just have Robo-Ky stand on the mat and throw out two or three Level 2 Steams to let the Tension build up. Sometimes not the best of options, but it works.

so my topic discussion for today is back dashing defensively. how good do you guys think his back dash is for this? what kinds of things are you looking for when you backdash? ever backdash on wake up? how much advantage does he actually get if you make some1 whiff an attack with a backdash? personally i dont use it really at all defensively right now cause i usually either end up doing it to early then getting hit while im in the air or i go for it too late cause im worried about doing it too early and end up just getting hit or blocking.

While his backdash isn't exceptional like Potemkin and Zappa, Robo-Ky can definitely benefit from his backdash. Having something as fast and meaty as Robo-Ky's 5HS is great with a backdash, as you're able to backdash away from somebody, then stuff them if they keep the pressure going.

Robot has one of the most underrated backdashes in the game, 10 invincible frames. It's good stuff, just watch out for Potemkin 6HS, that is one of the few moves that always gets me. In Det. Mode you can bait so much stuff with his speed increase in tandem with backdash it's ridiculous. Similar to what Cyringohn said, try canceling a blocked 5HS FRC quickly into a backdash while in Det. Mode. Timing is kinda tricky but you go pretty far and are put in an ideal position to Robo-Dash, build meter, kill time, air missile, etc. Anyway, more work on the guide once E3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 info tapers off.

k thanks for the input guys guess i just need to kinda get a little more experience to know when to use it and yeah hs frc -> whatever will probably be a good option to punish any whiffs i cause. also i meant to mention it in my post but storm i know your still adding stuff and if this is in up coming stuff sorry but you should probably throw in in the like basic air combo stuff where youre talking about when some light characters float too high and stuff or if the character is too far away for the normal air combo that j.k j.s dj.s dj.hs is an alternative since it has longer range

What's the deal with that okizeme chart? Why, exactly, is it more beneficial to use 5P as an okizeme against Sol, yet not with Venom? More of a general question, not pertaining specifically to Sol and Venom.

that chart just shows what moves are absolutely safe as oki depending on the opponents tension...it may or may not be whats actually best depending on what you think your opponent is going to do its just safe

if you do it meaty and he does VV making you whiff you should be able to block i think..i havent tested this but thats what i would assume..where as he would be able to VV the 236S...again not tested

Just was curious as to why it's safer to use 5P against somebody like Sol [who has VV], as opposed to using 236S.

The reason is Sol can grand viper under 236S

Guide is coming along slowly but surely, the last section is going to take awhile though. I've still got to tweak the stuff about the startup frames of his SRK, and add in changes from Slash and Accent Core to certain moves, as the guide was mainly #R to begin with.

In the meantime check the vid out below. I particularly liked the Force Break segment. I need to mess around with the move even more but I've been somewhat busy with work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqufIDH2vqY

Sign in to follow this