Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

[CP] Relius Clover vs Makoto Nanaya

Discuss the Makoto matchup here.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

In The Air: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

Her Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

Her Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

And you would be wrong there scout, Only Koko and maybe valk have matchups that bad. I'd say this matchup is probably 5.5-4.5, or 6-4 at worst. What Makoto has in versatility she lacks in range one IB Barrier any you're out of her range and she's into yours. Conversely 214A is great for rushing her down, but you have to establish pressure for that. If she's dashing in a you 5B and 2B are your answers. In CP Makoto's dash starts out slower but gains speed, which makes it more difficult for a Relius to gauge when to use his moves to keep her out. Timing these is of the essence, because after she gets hit by or blocks one of these is just about the only chance you can get to start your momentum and win the match.

Tips

Always hold on to 50% meter so that if she corners you, simply counter assault something that is lengthy and not jump cancelable for great justice. This shouldn't be too hard to do because you should almost always have the Ignis meter you need for her combos, as you won't need to use any of it on ineffective zoning, so for the most part you will not need the 50% gauge for solo Relius combos.

When she neutral techs a 3C ender there's about a 60% chance a corona upper is coming, so be prepared for that.

Tus can keep her in place after a knockdown, so don't be afraid to abuse it to recycle your pressure.

Its kinda sad, I think Relius is too big to take advantage of low profiling her DP here. It starts quite a bit off the ground, but if you're too close I think it easily hits Relius. Pressure, yeah its there. I'm bad at blocking, but she has an easy to see and react to overhead. If they manage to land a 3C on you mid pressure, this is essentially giving them a free pressure reset. They 3C, you 2A. A lot of her asteroid vision mixup can be beat by mashing or a well placed AA if you guess right, but she gets good reward off of landing a hit (most of the time). At worst I'd say even. You land a hit, you get oki, she has to respect it. I think this matchup only seems difficult cuz there isnt alot of makoto players (where you at LoyalSunset Dx)