Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucklemyshoe

I-No Beginner's Guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcoZv2foXvA

This is something I put together to help anyone out who has just decided that they want to learn I-No. It's titled "Tensionless" because everything in the video is done without tension. It does show quiet a few useful tips and tricks, that later once you master her FRC's you can go back and vastly improve on.

I know I have to fix a few things. (switch the h note at 1:20 to a p note and change a part where it says "than" to "then".) So I'll take care of those before I put up a downloadable version. Probably tomorrow.

Anyway please share what you think or if you have any questions about anything in the vid I would be glad to answer.

Great work buckle! :yaaay: This will indeed help ALOT of players and hopefully even get more people to try out I-No! I really want to learn her and this is just what people need to get started. Alot of time people tend to focus on the hardest things first like TK HCL 6FRC6 (:vbang:) just cause everyone stress how important it is but this video shows that it's possible to play without FOR STARTERS. Thanks alot for this one buckle. :eng101:

Uh, you do know that some of those basic combos don't even work on certain character weight types, right?

I use 6p as a starter because you can get to it from so many normals and it beats out alot of things. And which of those combos dont work and on whom. They should work on everyone. You may have to adjust timing a bit or at worst sjc.

but starting with 6p ruins the whole combo if you start it with something else....it has to be started with a high or a low. even if you can combo into 6p...you won't teach anybody any ino combos if you start out with 6p on a grounded opponent. the kinda combos you should be showing are -> 2k > 6p >5hs> j.c >j.hs > sdive ->2k>6p>5s©>j.c>j.s> j.hs>sdive ->dash in j.s >2k > 6p >5hs> j.c >j.hs > sdive

starting the combo with 6p is fine Jesus. It combos who cares. It's just a demonstration anyway. Some combos that should have been included are her midscreen b&b: -- 5s-6p-5h-iad-jk-js-vcl-hcl. And the midscreen impossible dust combos. --great job buckle!

*cheers* Good work! That was a great introductory to ino's battle plan and her options.

Oh my gosh, do you have anything more recent, sakura? Maybe it's just the fact that I"m watching from the outside, but you were asking for a LOT of those throws, getting so dangerously close to sol on his wakeup D: I'd like to see some of your newer stuff, is it up anywhere perchance?

uhh well i haven't had another chance to get my stuff recorded. honestly even though its just excuses, those videos were when my execution was mad poor plus that was a horrible day to begin with. it would be cool if some of you guys could play me. you can ask a couple people like 4r5, moroha, perfect sin,blue-nine about their adventures with my i-no lol i think its getting there. i have to work on more gameplay things more than anything (not fucking up my instant blocking, execution problems (not combo related), advanced pressure). overall i believe my i-no is not bad at all. just highly inconsistent at times.

im having trouble with all the combos in this vid, shes proving to be very strict timing wise. and this is just the basic stuff. to specific her dash ones like 66>j.k>j.s>5k>c.s....... the k>c.s just wont connect:vbang: , got it to connect once, so i varied it to suit me by adding 2D or 2s to...... i'd rather know i can pull out the ones in the vid at least, before i go off in my own direction for what suits me. is there a certain height i gotta look out for? whats her ozikemi game without the notes? and aint it pretty easy to read? i mean note > dash > air attack > lows (opponent blows high then rest all low) note > dash > low attack (opponent blocks all low) im a really aggressive player so im just curious about the other options shes fun though, gettin re-interested in gg thanks for the reply on the vid btw (cockneyflames)

in air to ground gattlings it's best to do the air moves during the fall from her hoverdash. so just delay you're js jk a bit after you release forward from the hoverdash. It's not so much height but if she's in a hoverdash state or a landing state.

Her oki game without notes is pretty much:

meaty 5K - fairly safe but will almost always be blocked. you can gattling it into a 6p 5h super jump instant reverse airdash into a note, 6p 5h TKDIVE, or 2S/2D/HCL knockdown.

meaty VCL - can score an additional knockdown but not really reliable. if it's blocked you're eating a throw at the least.

6666 fastfall VCL - can score you an additional knockdown and because of the fastfall puts you in a little bit safer position

VCL+66 (midscreen only) - awesome to use for oki because it puts you right behind your opponent for an on the ground cross up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRxruGr8-o <---see the 2nd match, koichi uses it to open against may.

6p - see meaty 5k

2p cs HCL - another way to score a quick knockdown, works well if your opponent goes for wakeup throws alot.

2p cs VCL - same as above but can be combo'd from. try not to spend too much tension on the combo though because opening with 2p totally screws your damage.

If you're judging from that video it might seem a little predictable but I-No has countless options and if you decide to use all lows (which you don't have to at all, her high to low mixup game is insanely nice) and they block that then come back with some highs mixed in. when you used lows before.

say they block a jk js 2k 2s 2d HCL. next time you get them in a note lockdown come in with a js jk 2k 6p cs hcl frc sdive.

That vid only covers tension free stuff. One of I-No's most useful tools is being able to cancel her stroke the big tree move into a throw. If you dash in for a mixup and it is all blocked then end it a with STBT cancelled into a throw. Doing so gives you an even higher damage throw (which can also be FRC'd into a combo) because your mixup being blocked builds your opponents guard bar. If you manage to work a 2H into your mixup you can score a nice little chunch of damage.

1 last thing. LM Akira and Raza are both UK players that used to play I-No, I don't know if your location permits you to be able to meet up with them but they could probably show you alot of stuff.

1 last thing. LM Akira and Raza are both UK players that used to play I-No, I don't know if your location permits you to be able to meet up with them but they could probably show you alot of stuff.

Personally I live a very long way from London and only make it down to big events/tournies but Ryza lives down there. One of the main arcades in London (Trocadero) actually has an AC board in now and there are quite a few people who play it regularly (including Ryza who still uses I-No from time to time).

Oh and Ryza taught me tons of I-No stuff, he's def the person in the UK to ask about using her. You can check out some of his matches here FlamesMacloud:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=265184&postcount=1

Personally I live a very long way from London and only make it down to big events/tournies but Ryza lives down there. One of the main arcades in London (Trocadero) actually has an AC board in now and there are quite a few people who play it regularly (including Ryza who still uses I-No from time to time).

Oh and Ryza taught me tons of I-No stuff, he's def the person in the UK to ask about using her. You can check out some of his matches here FlamesMacloud:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=265184&postcount=1

took a look at some of the vids pretty impressive I-no player, and yea i've played GGAC at troc arcade but.... after losing some matches because i use pad not stick i got annoyed and havent been back in awhile. still practicing on stick.

in air to ground gattlings it's best to do the air moves during the fall from her hoverdash. so just delay you're js jk a bit after you release forward from the hoverdash. It's not so much height but if she's in a hoverdash state or a landing state.

Her oki game without notes is pretty much:

meaty 5K - fairly safe but will almost always be blocked. you can gattling it into a 6p 5h super jump instant reverse airdash into a note, 6p 5h TKDIVE, or 2S/2D/HCL knockdown.

meaty VCL - can score an additional knockdown but not really reliable. if it's blocked you're eating a throw at the least.

6666 fastfall VCL - can score you an additional knockdown and because of the fastfall puts you in a little bit safer position

VCL+66 (midscreen only) - awesome to use for oki because it puts you right behind your opponent for an on the ground cross up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRxruGr8-o <---see the 2nd match, koichi uses it to open against may.

6p - see meaty 5k

2p cs HCL - another way to score a quick knockdown, works well if your opponent goes for wakeup throws alot.

2p cs VCL - same as above but can be combo'd from. try not to spend too much tension on the combo though because opening with 2p totally screws your damage.

If you're judging from that video it might seem a little predictable but I-No has countless options and if you decide to use all lows (which you don't have to at all, her high to low mixup game is insanely nice) and they block that then come back with some highs mixed in. when you used lows before.

say they block a jk js 2k 2s 2d HCL. next time you get them in a note lockdown come in with a js jk 2k 6p cs hcl frc sdive.

That vid only covers tension free stuff. One of I-No's most useful tools is being able to cancel her stroke the big tree move into a throw. If you dash in for a mixup and it is all blocked then end it a with STBT cancelled into a throw. Doing so gives you an even higher damage throw (which can also be FRC'd into a combo) because your mixup being blocked builds your opponents guard bar. If you manage to work a 2H into your mixup you can score a nice little chunch of damage.

VCL seems to be better than i orginally thought, and i didnt know about the fastfall or 66 to move it. from watchin the vids it seems her wake up game is where she excells. i'll try some stuff before i post again, and get some actual match practice.