Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel vs. Rachel

Discuss the Rachel matchup here.

Once Rachel is cornered, she has a hard time getting out.

Wind dashes are useful for punishing summons.

Played this matchup a little bit yesterday and got my ass handed to me, haha. The other Rachel had his combos down, and was fun to watch (except the me dying part). :P

It feels about as silly as it always has. There isn't too much difference from previous games in neutral, but taking any hit from lobelias really causes momentum build-up to stop for whoever got hit, far more so than in any previous games.

Thanks to Soniti for the set. 

While many people loathe the mirror it's actually a good way to gauge your progress with the character.

In this case it showed me that my basics are solid with Rachel but I lost to superior hitconfirms.

Need to go through all of my combos prior to EVO :V

GGs!

The Rachel mirror is weird in that the first zoning hit in neutral is a huge deal and completely sets the pace of the match.

It's also strange that you don't have to respect Rachel's normals much in neutral, save for 6b at certain spacing and 6a for telegraphed air approaches. That said, she can approach rapidly with wind so you have to be very careful.

Running oki on Rachel feels easy mode compared to characters with DPs or partially invulnerable moves though! Can just frog and mash 2a until she blocks it (despite wind tech) then keep her in blockstun until frog starts.